Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden I & II being released on PSP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah it would require a lot more effort than it would to just do S1 and 2. I have been looking for details on PSP game patches but haven't really found anything yet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ubisoft is releasing Tales of Eternia psp in Europe. Hopefully they'll get Suiko I and II as well.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but it all comes down to Konami of Europe, they didn't anyone touch Suikoden III when they didn't translate it themselves, you know...

And uh... yeah, Suikoden I&II, the Saturn extras and maybe an possibility to play Suikoden I with IIs three runes battlesystem would be rather nice.

There's nothing to add to Suikoden II though... what a shame... but it means, that it's perfect the way it is, huh?

And yeah, even the idea of playing Suikoden's anywhere, anytime, mmm....

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there's nothing to fix gameplay wise about Suikoden II, but there are always elements you could add to it if you wished. You could adopt a pet in Dunan castle, or perhaps explore further areas of castles, a new dungeon, new runes, armour, minigames. Anything they wanted really I suppose.

I agree though, why mess with a great game, but if they want to, they'll find a way.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A European release would pretty much be the same as an american release, because it would be translated and then we could just import it from Europe. I really hope it get released in either the US or Europe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm laying hope on the US release as it's more likely. That way I can play it all the same.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

playing suikoden everywhere i want is the best thing that could happen to a suikoden fan. it it so fantastic that i can't wait until it will be released.. i ever dreamed of a handheld-port of suikoden. finally my (our) dream come true

i hope they will build in the pirate side-quest of the sega saturn suikoden 1 version in it
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the best improvement to Suioden 2 would be a hard mode, or at least a colluseum of challanging battles.
shivam

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the best improvement would be a new translation/localisation of the game =)
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shivam wrote:

Agreed. Yes please. It couldn't be too hard. The games aren't that long. :(
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
shivam wrote:

Suikoden 2 is a lot longer than suiko 1..
i can remember an old article reporting about that suikoden 2 will have 2 discs..Ha..seems Konami had enough space on one..

I wondered why Konami never release Suiko 3 in Europe.
They had a english version, they only had to make a PAL-Video Mode for it..
i don't think that suikoden sells better in the us as in europe...
in the us the most wanted games are shooters and sport games.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well let's not get into that reason here. It's not the thread for it.

A translation isn't something I'm looking for at all because they're not going to play through the US/PAL releases, find the errors and fix for them this release. They'll just get someone to translate the games again for the PSP which will result in a slightly differnet translation anyway.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Well let's not get into that reason here. It's not the thread for it.

A translation isn't something I'm looking for at all because they're not going to play through the US/PAL releases, find the errors and fix for them this release. They'll just get someone to translate the games again for the PSP which will result in a slightly differnet translation anyway.

i don't think they the have coded it new...they definatly took the main stuff which is probably written in c/c++ and used another compiler and sdk for the psp. so they only ported it to the psp..so the psp can handle it..

they would be stupid if they code verything new and release it first in japanese and than translate it..
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I really hope they release them for Europe. I came into the series at S II and have never been able to get a copy of S I yet.. Greedy people wanting £100+ for it. I mean, I know it's worth a high price, but why over £100?
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Silverberg wrote:
Himuro wrote:
shivam wrote:

Suikoden 2 is a lot longer than suiko 1..
i can remember an old article reporting about that suikoden 2 will have 2 discs..Ha..seems Konami had enough space on one..

I wondered why Konami never release Suiko 3 in Europe.
They had a english version, they only had to make a PAL-Video Mode for it..
i don't think that suikoden sells better in the us as in europe...
in the us the most wanted games are shooters and sport games.

Because not everyone in Europe speak english. we have Germany, France, Italy and Spain that all refuse to take in anything that isnt translated to their own language, Terminator 2 dubbed to German isnt anything I can recommend to my worst enemy. Just realesing games in english speaking countries isn't enough. Plus Konamis europe center is in Germany I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: