Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Did Konami give up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look at any rpg and youll find reused character concepts.... so with 108 people over the course of 5 games now (so over 500 playable characters) I don't think it's quite fair to say Konami is dropping the ball. Like someone else said, too, I kinda like the familiarity of some characters. And there are still innovative, fresh characters in all of the games.
I think all in all, suikoden III did the best job of fleshing out the most characters, thanks to the trinity sight system and the multiple indepth side stories when recruting characters, even if they were somewhat insignificant to the overall story.
And then came IV, but that's another story for another day... :evil:
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i agree with every one who saying that konami didnt give up. i mean, it has to be hard to create over 500 characters in a series. i mean look at final fantasy (not that i dont like final fantasy, i love those games) they only have between 5-9 characters and it kinda gets old using the same ones over and over. in suikoden if i get board with one group i end up picking an entire new group. so dont get mad with konami about characters having the same personalities. i honestly believe nobody in this forum can create over 500 characters and not have a couple have the same personality, it is just how things work.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say that for Konami it is much more harder to think of so much characters. You know in FF series each game is the new world- so completly diffirent environment, diffirent history and so on. In Suikoden it is still the same world, of course there are a lot of nations , states but it is one world with one history. So they must be very careful not to muddle plots ,histories and characters backgrounds. And it is 108 for every game + NPC. i think it isn't possible to avoid some similarities. And like somebody said earlier I prefer to have a lot of characters than only 5-8 of them.

Edit: Some typos.

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's perfectly fine to use the same personality types for different characters who share the same star. After-all, they have the same star. That just adds a belief that the stars hold more influence than people think.

IMO at least.

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:21 pm Post subject:
I think it's perfectly fine to use the same personality types for different characters who share the same star. After-all, they have the same star. That just adds a belief that the stars hold more influence than people think.

I agree. It's kinda like a zodiac or something... ya know, supposedly everyone grouped in a certain one shares personality traits etc. So we have the 108 stars, each one brining something different to the group and each game new people come and take on these same roles. Maybe they were 'chosen' as a star of destiny BECAUSE they have some of those same traits or what not. So yeah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: