Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Has anyone EVER managed to get up the blocked stairs in SI?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Has anyone EVER managed to get up the blocked stairs in SI? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously, this topic is asking whether or not there is a way to get up those stairs in the Great Forest. Is it a Viki teleport trick like is SII? Or did Konami just put those stairs there to drive us crazy?

By the way, are there any blocked stairs in SIII?
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In genso suikoden... the only way you can find out what's up those stairs in the great forest... is by having a japanese version of genso suikoden... i heard that in the japanese version, as soon as you get up there or are teleported there after getting all the stars and some other requirements i can't remember... there are hordes of enemies waiting up there ready for battle... i can't remember if there's some kind of reward, but it does sounds interesting doesn't it?... too bad i can't read japanese ... that's about all i know of it...

as for suikoden III... sorry i can't answer that... haven't played through the game completely... :(

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, where did you hear that JNX. I always wonder where all these rumors come from, but there is also no possible way you can go up their in the Japanese version. Konami staff confirmed that they never put anything up there.
Nash Latkje

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where did i hear that?... i googled for it like crazy.... it was in one of the major suikoden sites on the forums... but because you don't know where i heard it from then most likely it can't have been this site... definately can't have been gametalk... and there's chance it could have been suikosource... but I know i read it in more places than one... and remember discussing it here long time ago...

sorry for not remembering well...:( but that's what i remember and have no need of telling lies about it since you all know more about suikoden than me... well i think i might go google it again sometime lol... then if i find anything i'll give you guys and galz the link in this thread... oh... might have been gamefaqs... yeah mostly probably from there somewhere...

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard people actually fuming over how "whyu the Japanese get all toe good stuff" and how Konami "Dumbed down the game" for the Americans. All that anger over nothing!
Nash Latkje

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can they possibly know without playing the japanese version in the first place... and ... if they have played the japanese version and actually understood it i don't think that they would be complaining... but rather taunting others am i right?...

well i feel kinda positive that the information i got was from gamefaqs... i now recall lots of text, maybe those hint things like take flik to warriors village, take meg to this and all that... now the hard part... i'm gonna have to go through all the faqs and walkthroughs just to find that piece of info without knowing if it's there or not... hopefully it's there and you guys and galz can make what you want out of it... contact the guy is you would lol... and ask where he got that from...:)... anyway, i'm busy at the moment but i promise i will search through them... firefox makes searching easy :twisted:

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi, if I am not wrong, there is no "blocked" stair in Suikoden 3. :mrgreen:

and the rumour of the Japanese Suikoden 1 seems interesting, no one prove the truth yet? :roll:
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember reading something on gamefaqs a long time ago about talking to the guy while having Morgan in your party, as well as the binoculars, and a time of 44:44 at the save screen. Personally, it sounds like bull, and I assume it is.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No it is confirmed, there is NOTHING up those blocked stairs, not even programming. Konami has officially stated this as SARS said several posts ago.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep. it's positive. As for Suikoden III, there is a "restricted" area as well. It's the area behind the innkeeper of the Great Hollow Inn, albeit I don't think anyone can get past that either, whether walking or teleportation. Nice tool Konami did with Viki in Suikoden II. Now everyone's looking for the same thing in other games. It's quite funny, actually. :lol:
Nash Latkje

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here is the link to one of the faqs mentioning something about those daisha...something stairs lol...

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/suikoden_d.txt
if that link doesn't work for some of yous then here's a different one but same walkthrough...
http://www.cheatplanet.com/psstrategy/suikoden.htm

and this is for you guys on dial up... :twisted:
Q: What is it with those stairs in the Great Forest Hardware Store?
A: Quite honestly, I don't know for certain. Allegedly, in the original
Japanese version, there was a sub-quest to allow you to get up there,
ending with fighting that guy who stops you heading up the stairs. It was
deemed too difficult for us Westerners, and so was removed. Supposedly,
up the stairs there was...something good. Further than that, I don't have
a clue.

here's another link to a discussion about it... someone thinks they know how to fight the man then go upstairs...

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/index.php?function=view_thread&threadid =303587&p=2

someone said that to get their in the japanese version... all of the elves must be in your party after the war with Yuber...we think that Flik and Viktor are with you and nremoveable... but then he adds that in the japanese version Flik and Viktor don't stick with you no matter what.... interesting...lmao

another link to to another discussion...
http://spores.net/suikoden/suikfaq.html

and for dial up...
How do I go up the Stairs in the Great Forest that the guy won't allow me to use?
There is currently no known way. There have been rumors that, in the Japanese version, you can take the four elves at the end of the game up the stairs to find a few certain Stars of Destiny. They were supposedly too risque, and thus were replaced by other characters.
This is not a very reliable story as the person who informed me can't remember the characters, their names, or what they looked like, and cannot tell who their replacements are. Also, at the end of the game, you have only three free slots in your party because Viktor and Flik are part of the story later on, and so it is unlikely they were not so in the Japanese version. People who have played the Japanese version both support and discount this rumor, but it is highly doubtful that you can climb those stairs in either version. Have fun with the rest of the game!

another site lmao...
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/suiko/suik/info/sukodn.html

What is up those %$@$ stairs in the Great Forest?! Isn't this the million bit question. Several people have sent in e-mails that in the original Japanese version, 2 of the 108 characters were up there. By taking various people with you in your party (some have said it's the 4 elves,
others have said it's Kirkis, Sylvina, Stallion, Kuromimi, and Gon) the shopkeeper would let you up. Unfortunately, some friends of mine in Japan have tried these and they don't work. They also said that all 108 characters are found in the same places as in the American version. So the question remains: what is up those stairs, and how do you get up there?! (Come on! You're the leader of the Liberation Army! Why can't you get up there?! Between the thousands of heavily armed troops, Dragon Knights, sorcerers, ninjas, merchants, etc. at your disposal, you can't think of a way to get this guy to let you up?! "Won't let me up, huh?
I'd like you to meet a friend of mine...." then BAM!!! Out comes Mr. Souleater! Oh well....)
(Special thanks to all of you who took the time to send in your theories about the stairs)

*removed due to poster being an ASS*

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People, for the last time, there is no way to get up those stairs. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. El Cerro. It's a no way street. Period. You couldn't get up those stairs in Japan, you can't get up those stairs in America, and there is no way you can get up those stairs in Antartica. It just CANNOT be done. The programmars - you know, the people who made the game - have explicitely said there is nothing up there. ...They would know.

And besides, considering it's been almost 10 years since the first People, for the last time, there is no way to get up those stairs. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. El Cerro. It's a no way street. Period. You couldn't get up those stairs in Japan, you can't get up those stairs in America, and there is no way you can get up those stairs in Antarctica. It just CANNOT be done. The programmars - you know, the people who made the game - have explicitly said there is nothing up there. ...They would know.

And besides, considering it's been almost 10 years since the first Suikoden came out, don't you think someone would have figure it out by now if there was any way to get up those stairs? I mean, people have enough free time to figure out how to get Rina to do thousands of damage, so certainly they have enough free time to find what's up those stairs.

JNX, the links you provide even more or less explicitly say they're just rumors. "Someone (who?) said"; "allegedly"; "rumors". Then every version has a different result - the ever-so-well defined "something good"; the "2 of the 108 SoDs" (which has been proved false); etc...If there really was a way, it would constantly have the same information attached to it, but it doesn't. There is just no way to get up those stairs no matter what version of the game you have. (Possibly there may be a way using a game shark or something (walk through walls?), but even then, all you'd probably get was a game stuck permanently loading since the developers didn't put anything up there.)

If you want to know any differences between the north American version of the game and the Japanese version, you'd need to buy the rarer Saturn version, which had a different intro movie, slightly better graphics (Saturn ran sprites better, IIRC), and slightly modified dialog, IIRC. (But I still don't think you could go up those blasted stairs.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD

Last edited by Sophita on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nash Latkje

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*i highly recommed you watch your tone when addressing mods and admins with your 'supposed superior knowledge,' especially how you present it and any arguments you have-this is part of why you were previously banned, along with being one of the biggest spam machines this site has ever seen. keep a civil tongue in your head, mister; no one is impressed by your blustering nonsense or self importance.*

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locking this thread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: