Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

best game ever..... Ikaruga

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: best game ever..... Ikaruga Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yesterday, i bought what I believe to be the best game ever: Ikaruga. The best way to describe the game would be this:

holy crap

first of all, its an old-style side scroller/ shooter , like 1942 (and that's a good thing). and its freaking insanely difficult, but in the sense that it makes you want to play the harder difficulties. i mean, i've played some tough games in my day, but the amount of action and bullets and sounds and robots and..... its sensory overload at its finest.

it only has five or six levels, but that doesn't mean its short. if you can get past all the hard stuff, and get a good score, you've been playing for months.

the coolest things is that you can change your ship's color, thereby nullifying the enemies's attacks, and charging your special attack gauge.

probably the only thing i didn't like(besides the stupid atari logo opening cutscene) was the fact that there weren't any power-ups. in games like this, power-ups are what make games really fun. but if there were power-ups, you wouldn't be able to collect them, 'cause you'd be too busy surviving

if you have a soul, and two thumbs, you must buy ikaruga.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah that is a pretty good game, more importantly that is the only game I know other than the zelda collector's edition disc that came with the system nintendo sold about a year and a half ago that is worth a crap among all of the gamecube games.

I think the rarest gamecube game ever maybe NCAA college basketball 2k3, that game was selling for $80-100 when it was current cause it was so rare, even now it goes as high as $50 on ebay, heck if there's one game in the world that's not gona be reprinted it'll be a 3 years old sports game made by a company which no longer deals with that consol. Resident Evil 3 was really rare until it was reprinted just about a month ago, it's value dropping from $90 to under $15.

Anyways I agree Ikaruga is great, and hold on to your copy cause it's about as limited released of a gamecube game you can get.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, just finding the game, and paying a fair price (25$) was almost as exciting as the actual game.

.....Resident Evil 3 for gamecube was reprinted? :shock: I should go check that out.....

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: The best game ever. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have what I think is the best game ever. God of War for the PlayStation 2.

God of War is the best game I have played, seen, and heard about.
I own 22 games and have played many more. God of War, I believe is the best game out there.

Graphically: The game pushes the PlayStaion 2 to its limits. The game just blows me away how well the graphics are.

Gameplay: The gameplay is awsome. The main weopons are the Blades of Chaos. The blades have chains that extend frome the handle of the blades and are burned into the flesh of Kratos's arms.

Story: The story is great. The story is wrapped around Kratos and Aries, and Kratos conquest to murder the God of War.

Kratos it the main character. Kratos is betrayed by Aries the god of war.
Kratos vowes to kill Aries when Athena ask him to do so for a price.
Kratos is the perfect anti-hero. He has great strength and abilities.
His great quest leads to him gaining powers of the gods.
My favorite god power is from Hades. Hades grants you the ability to call dead souls to fight along your side.

God of War is by far my number one game of 2005.
If you haven't played or seen it yet, I suggest you do.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

yeah, just finding the game, and paying a fair price (25$) was almost as exciting as the actual game.

.....Resident Evil 3 for gamecube was reprinted? I should go check that out.....

The graphics are the same as they were on the Playstation. the game is still great though.
I'm still trying to get money up to buy Resident evil 4 and God of War.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Back to Ikaruga... all I can say is thank god for extra lives. >_>
Orochi

Clan Nutsy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Ikaruga, I also have a video of a person playing both ships with two joystick and getting a PERFECT score.. it was crazy! the only other game that I love as much as Ikaruga is probably Gradius V.
Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had Ikaruga for quite some time now, and it is indeed an awesome game. But I must say that few games have made me curse as much as Ikaruga did. I still can't pass the foutrh level without losing a bunch of lives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: