Suikoden United and Irrational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Silent Hill Fanfiction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Silent Hill Fanfiction Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This topic is asking if anyone here likes the Horror game series: Silent Hill. I've never actually played the games, and I probably never will (would be waaaay to scared). But I really enjoy the complex plots. (I usually read the Plot Guides on GameFAQs) One time when I was surfing the Silent Hill 4 Gamefaqs board, came across this site:

http://mrcalichefanfics.bravehost.com/calichemenu.html

These are fanfictions (can you say that, fanfictions? anyways XD) This guys has really great (and creepy stories) that he makes up. He makes up his own characters and story behind them, and why they (eventually) get lead to Silent Hill. But he has all the things that Silent Hill does -
(***I guess a few minor spoilers, if you can call them that***)

The different dimensions, the radio, the monsters, etc.

(***End minor Spoilers***)

But yeah, right now he has 3 stories up (I'm beginning the third right now)
Since I haven't finished the third one (Silent Hill: Nosocomephobia) I think Family Secrets is the best.

This site is for any Silent Hill fans, or horror story fans in general. I hope you guys enjoy the site!

(***Warning, the writer of the stories suggests that you should be 18 or up because they have mature themes, but with all the people buying M rated games, I guess it's not that bad, just wanted to warn it (it has the warning on the site***)
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What was the ending to Family Secrets? It seemed unfinished, which detracted from the overall effect. Also, a lot of loose ends weren't tied up.

Maybe I'm not old enough to understand any deeper meaning if there was one.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always wanted to play the games in the series but I have never been able to find a place where i could buy even the first game of the series or renting any of the others. I suppose I should keep looking once I have a bit more spending money for me to use. I mean I also need to pick up a PS2 for my gf's birthday since she has been begging me to buy her one. She has started getting into rpgs and such and well PS2 is quite obviously the system which is geared most towards the rpg genre. Besides she already has a whole bunch of rpgs for the PS2 which she got to play on mine and hey I cant complain too much about that now can I? I am also looking to get Star Ocean:Till the End of Time. Anyways yeah the Silent Hill series is definately on my to pick up list in the future. Though rpgs like Suikoden and such take the higher priority so if I intend to buy three games and I see three cool rpgs and one Silent Hill...... i'll just borrow some money and buy all four. Haha and you probably thought that I would just leave it there.

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow - Did you read the Annex? It has a few extra endings, I don't really remember any plot holes, but I read it a few months ago, so...

Filipe - Almost every time I go the EBgames (where I go to get my video game stuff) I see a copy of Silent Hill 2 or 3, 'haven't seen a copy of Silent Hill 1 in a long time though. :mrgreen:
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is no way I could bring my self to play horror games (they really creep me) even when I somewhat enjoy to read horror books (latest one is "Black House" by Stephen King).

I also love to see horror movies with my friends (they always turn it from horror into comedy) and really enjoy seeing my friends play horror games such as Resident Evil and Silent Hill series (in fact I am rather forced to see them play it in front of me) .

As a result of what I said earlier, you can fairly assume that I somewhat love any kind of horror games including the Silent Hill series (only love to watch :mrgreen: ).

PS: thank you very much for sharing the site with us (really enjoyed reading some of it) :) .

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I'm like, missing part of the story or something, but the annex talks about stuff that doesn't happen in the story (at least what I read of it).

Still very interesting though.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Silent Hill games are very disturbing to me maybe because i'm well...scared of them. :oops: I've been mentally scard since my friends made me play SH3 at night without lights on :shock: still can't sleep very well.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Silent Hill games are very disturbing to me maybe because i'm well...scared of them. I've been mentally scard since my friends made me play SH3 at night without lights on still can't sleep very well.

I know what you mean, my friends made me play Fatel Frame 1 and 2 with the lights off and volume really loud, that game isn't really scary, but I believe in ghosts, so... :shock: I'm usually a scaredy-cat, and I'm gathering up my courage to play Silent Hill 4 when it comes out in a few days. I Pre-ordered it to get the Soundtrack...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: