Suikoden United and Irenic Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Gaiden Vol. 2 Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Gaiden Vol. 2 Question Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I've been having trouble with this for ages. I can't for the life of me figure out the right things to select to be able to see the girl in the infirmary or to alternate ending to the dragon. Seriously, I can't do it. I know there's the possibility that something you said in the earlier chapter can influence this (like in the first one, where if you select the option against the vampire in episode 1 that lets you flashback about your swords, you'll find Clive in the backstreets of Muse) but I can't find it this time! They're the only pictures I don't have (well, except for the Tir ones that require a data load... but not a whole lot I can do about that.).

Does anyone else have the game that could help me?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have the game, but when reading the translated summaryon Suikosource, I found this:

Quote:
- Alternative ending, Nash uses Gross Fluss to kill the dragon. He tells Futch to flee the cavern because he might end up killing Futch as well. Apparently utilizing the full potential of the blade causes a kind of berserker rage in him

Perhaps the choice is to tell Futch to flee the cavern or to use Gross Fluss? That seems to be the big difference between the two endings.

Hope it helps?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my grasp of the Japanese language isn't exactly spectacular. So mostly I've been using trial and error to get through.

Meaning, if there is an option to do that, I have no clue where it is. :oops:
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You need a certain amount of Luck Points to access certain events don't you? The choices you make throughout the game determine how many points you have.

^Actual quote!
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's never a problem. I know how to get all the luck points. I've gotten most of the game - including the 10 luck point path... it's just the scene with the girl in the infirmary and the Tir scenes that I can't get.

I know someone mentioned getting wine from the cafeteria... but the fact that I can't read kanji and thus have NO IDEA which option does that isn't helping.
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NeonMouko wrote:
Yeah, that's never a problem. I know how to get all the luck points. I've gotten most of the game - including the 10 luck point path... it's just the scene with the girl in the infirmary and the Tir scenes that I can't get.

I know someone mentioned getting wine from the cafeteria... but the fact that I can't read kanji and thus have NO IDEA which option does that isn't helping.

To get the Tir scene you have to load S2 data with S1 data loaded into it.
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I know. That's what I said in the original post. I don't have a Japanese Suikoden II save with Japanese Suikoden I data on it, though. I guess that means I'm out of luck there.

But what about the girl in the infirmary or the alternate ending to the dragon quest?
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i need a little help here i can't find the game and i'm looking for it the first and the second...

*edited to remove content that goes against the ToS. Please don't ask about pirating things on the board again. * ~ Soph
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought them of Ebay. You'll have to either scope out Ebay or find a store that handles imports that might be able to get their hands on it.

Also, downloading them off the Internet is illegal so I don't think the mods'll appreciate you asking that. :wink:
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought my Gaidens off EBay as well. Its not really worth getting the japanese suikodens just to get the scene with Tir. Deffinately if you can find the Gaidens, get those off Ebay quickly. And don't download them, they aren't worth doing something illegal for, nothing is. Support the people who got the japanese people first by getting them off ebay. Support the Suikocaine!
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jowy, you can get them off of NCSX (National Console Support, Inc.) or other import stores for around $25 dollars each, or you can try your luck and get them off e-bay as well. Be warned, though, that they're text adventures - like "Choose Your Own Adventure Books", and the game relies very heavily on Japanese. (by heavily, I mean you won't get much out of it if you're not at least conversational or, to be honest, fluent in Japanese.)

You'll also need to be able to play Japanese games, meaning if you have a US console or a Euoprean one, you'll need to either have it modded or purchase a Japanese one.

And yes, asking for where you can download copies is agains the terms of service on the board, so we would appreciate you not asking. ;)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides having you console modded, there is one other way you can get Japanese games to work on your US Playstation1. If you have a PSX that was made before August 1998 I believe, then there will be a backport for a "Gameshark." If you can find an item called a "Gold Finger Converter" then hook that up and find a way to keep the button pushed down on the inside of your console why the cover is up. Then load an american game and switch.

Also, you don't HAVE to be fluent in japanese. He could always check out Suikosource which has all the options and pictures and go off of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: