Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Recipe 34
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As found on GameFAQS.com

Quote:
The Uses of Recipe #34

The only real use of the Recipe is the Hai Yo mini game and the various items you can make out of the recipe. It is a decent recipe to use during the mini game, especially if you get a judge that likes Japanese Food. Below are the various items you can make out of the recipe via Hai Yo's resturant and Ingredients. You'll need to make a menu out of the recipe before you can buy them.

Japanese Stew (No Ingredient)
Cost: 1000 Potch
Use: Restores an allys HP by 550

Sweet Tofu (Sugar)
Use: Restores an allys HP by 580

Bouillabaise (Salt)
Cost: 1100 Potch
Use: Restores an allys HP by 620

Shabu Shabu (Soy Sauce)
Use: Restores an allys HP by 600

Dark Stew (Mayonnaise)
Use: Heals an allys HP by 550 and can cause status effects, some good, some bad

Spicy Stew (Red Pepper)
Use: Heals an allys HP by 450

One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not too shabby. Wish it included how many get bundled together as a single item. Still, generally by the time you're able to make those items, you probably don't need healing items as much as you used to.

Thanks for posting that though, I was curious what it did :)
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Japanese Stew and Shabu Shabu net you pretty high scores in the cookoffs with most people, too. It certainly helped me beat Gyokuran on my first playthrough.

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think more research must be done on the #12 and #34 phenomenon.

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe you must get Recipe#34 during the liberation of Greenhill, maybe Teresa is an expert at deciphering recipe's from little coloured elves?

It's actually not as hard (I just tried it last night speeding through) and after only about 20 minutes of random battles I'd gotten the Recipe.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, FLiktor, how did you do it? Did you pass up other recipes? Did you do anything weird? I gamesharked in a Hunter Rune after reading this thread and I am at the part where you are first going in to liberate Greenhill. Hunter Rune has got me Japanese stew twice, Throat Drops twice and nothing three times. I have notice if your hunter criticals the yellow elf then it doesn't drop anything, even if you hit it normally with the hunter afterwards. I have not gotten recipe 12 yet (I ran from every Eagle Man just in case). I am also missing Repcipes 18 and 28 ... and I just beat Antonio in the cookoffs.

Who did you bring? What level were you? Did you put them to sleep first? Maybe you can't Hunter them and get it?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Level was nothing special (though I can't remember exactly what). I did the Matilda trick to make the speed through quicker and then I was just the regular-ish level you get for fighting random battles.

I only tried picked up the recipes that were necessary - i.e. Shu's recipe that you can't get again. I did actually find Recipe 12, but gave it to Barbs instead of Hai Yo.

That is pretty much it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still not getting it. Hmmmm, maybe you do have to pass up all nonessential recipes until you get it. Next playthrough then...

Anyway, I got sick of trying, so I managed to come up with the code to give you Recipe 34. If anyone is interested, here it is (and I'm not sure if this code works for PS1's Gameshark ... it is for the Gameshark Lite, which allows you to use PS1 Gameshark codes on a PS2. Try it on PS1 Gameshark at your own risk):

3006A4AE 0041
3006A4AF 0000

In order to use it, turn on a game without the code, then give everything in your bag to Barbara. Then buy something cheap and crappy from Hans, like a bandana, and have it be the only thing in your bag. Save, turn the game off, and turn it on again with the code. The cheap item will now be changed into Recipe 34. Save the game, turn it off, and turn it back on without the code. Now you can drop the Recipe off with Hai Yo or Barabara and refill your bag from the vault. Make sure you have nothing else in your bag besides the item you want to change into Recipe 34. These inventory manipulation codes tend to screw things up if you do.

Is it cheating? Yes, of course it is. But it will get you Recipe 34 and that's what's really important here, isn't it?

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's face it. The game is so easy that any Suikoden 2 verteran can beat it without using any healing items apart from runes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: