Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Discrepancies in FAQS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Discrepancies in FAQS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was checking the FAQs for soldier purchasing rules and found a few cxontradictory things that are confusing to a new board member. In the Suikox Trading Post thread it says that soldier purchases must be made via PM (and the target of the aquisition isn't even a listed member of the forums according to the memberlist). However the FAQ for new people lists the "exchange" button for the exchange of potch to soldiers. This function works, however it is misleading. When you select From: Potch To: Soldiers then type in your amount and convert it, the box at the bottom of the screen still reads, "You cannot exchange Soldiers, currently." even though my latest purchase went through.

Both of the listed threads quote soldier:potch ratio as 1:100, however in the actual purchase, the exchange page lists the rate as 100 potch is equal to 0.01 soldiers, which equates to 1,000 potch per soldier.

Either the exchange formula is botched and it's overcharging for soldiers (which would make me weep manly waterfall tears) or the exchange rates listed in those threads needs to be corrected.

The third possible answer is I am missing something blatantly obvious, to which I will feel very silly for later.

Thoughts?

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
the exchange page lists the rate as 100 potch is equal to 0.01 soldiers

The Exchange Page states One Potch is equal to 0.01 Soldiers which is equal to 100 potch for 1 soldier!

Quote:
When you select From: Potch To: Soldiers then type in your amount and convert it, the box at the bottom of the screen still reads, "You cannot exchange Soldiers, currently." even though my latest purchase went through.

That is because you exchanged Potch for Soldiers, not the other way around.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something simple I overlooked it turns out to be, I miscalculated the conversion of potch to soldiers in my head which made the actual converstion seem wrong. Looking at it again I see I made a silly mistake ^^;

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whasisname isn't a real person. For the moment, you need to purchase things off Elc until he steps down that is.

You can't buy things with soldiers anymore as of 1st August I believe, and now you can only buy things with potch.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which is ok i guess considering that we get potch for our posts so and the end of the day we fininsh with quite a bit.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're not supposed to exchange potch through the Trading Post, it's just listed there so people are aware that they can exchange potch for soldiers and how much potch is required. Only transactions 1 through 6 need to purchased through PM.

"Wasisname" is just one of my jokes which has the potential to go over just about anyone's head, particularly if they aren't aware of exactly what I am refering to. It's primarily a joke due to having changed my name back from Jeremy to Elc and, like Axiose (or is it Fliktor?) added, I'm not sure who will be taking over the Trading Post upon my departure from the admins.

Just to clear the joke up, "Wasisname" is a reference to the Canadian music/comedy troupe "Buddy Wasisname and the Other Fellers"

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, the Wasisname part was the only bit left that was confusing me still. Glad that's cleared up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: