Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Give me a theme
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think will do?
sacrfice
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
"brotherhood"
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
power isn't everything
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
sight and knowage through understanidng
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
love(not like romantic realtionship stuff)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Beast Rune, i was meaning a Star of Destiny. I didn't forget all those people that our friendlty RoP consumed. And i was meaning in the game as well. So Aldo didn't count. Like Kuu said, we needed a Gremio in 4. You got a Kiba and a Yun in 2 & 3.

The Rending and Mending isn't a bad idea, Ninjar. There are possibilities of running with that theme, if that isn't the name of the Rune to be used.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chosed the 4th option sense many of the other options had been done already. In each game we learn about sacrifice, brotherhood, and the fact that power isn't everything. So, these 3 themes are staples of the series in my opinion. Love is a rather tangible theme. There are so many ways that you can discuss the theme of love. There can be love of a nation, a person or ideal. That theme would be too broad to build a game on in my opinion.

So, what was left for me is sight and knowledge through understanding. This seems like a very workable theme to build around the hero of a war and eventhough we've kind of seen this theme through the inner workings of the series and how the True Runes behave with their respective bearers, but we have not really touched on such a motif. So, I choose the more workable option in my opinion.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeh the Sight thing could of been yet another collapsable idea, a take from one or the other and "throwing away prejustices". its more of an internal thing, its metaporical "lifting blindness". one could spred some truth to wash away ignorace or show that the've been played for as fools. but not to go and blindly rush into things to fix them.

or is about not wrongfully pinning the blame on somone else.

all of these are relient on the other, even when you choose a new idea, or look at an old one, they still can resurface. so having a "one sided theme" is impossible. stories always come in various ways. I'd like to, also see in a game somone befriend somone that once was an adversary. Insted of having your "traitor friend" you have somone who could of had to kill right then and now, they were hired and raised to hate you, but you spair their life and form a bond, seeing you aren't to differnt and not "a whole new speices". it works better with humans becaus we see ourselfs somtimes as better than others. if somone has pink hair the're freeks and subhuman. but when you learn "I bleed to" its special. Or of course you think its deeper with "species" realtions, like "we bleed to" between a Kobold and lets say, a frog-man...it just plays out like a bad childrens story. sure you are a bit the same. but YOU aren't. don't call a frying pan a banana. So when the two people see and understand things, maybe they can fix some problem. maybe both nations are at falut, even more adding to the "not black and white world", they both are guilty of atrsositys...there was no "mean guy who sacked villiages". one does, while the other does somthing else. they see how bad it is and maybe take both out and make a new. for those that see enough is enough and both parties are guilty as sin.

Ok I'll stop before I get confussed enough. *laughs* now its somone's turn to pick through that mess and make things better. Just like our little hypothetical guys did.

anway you guys are doing good! thanks for the repiles.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the thing is, a true rune regardless of what use it would have could never truly be "weak". Perhaps it wouldnt be a damage dealing true rune, but considering that true runes tend to have fighting uses in the games as well, dont be surprised to see another true rune, or true runes show up. Naturally considering that the true runes, are the bases of power for the entire world, something tells me it wouldnt actually be weak in it's total power.

Anyways, the power isnt everything has potential to make for interesting storylines. You would probably need to have the queen die, as a result of some kind of betrayal, leaving an opening for someone to take over. However, lets say the hero is actually male, and not a female. Obviously, he couldnt take the thrown, but he might fight against whomever usurped the throne from his sister? He could have also been taken prisoner, and made to fight in the gladiatoral arena, adding the slave factor into the story. Just my thoughts on that anyway.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
Well the thing is, a true rune regardless of what use it would have could never truly be "weak". Perhaps it wouldnt be a damage dealing true rune, but considering that true runes tend to have fighting uses in the games as well, dont be surprised to see another true rune, or true runes show up. Naturally considering that the true runes, are the bases of power for the entire world, something tells me it wouldnt actually be weak in it's total power.

Anyways, the power isnt everything has potential to make for interesting storylines. You would probably need to have the queen die, as a result of some kind of betrayal, leaving an opening for someone to take over. However, lets say the hero is actually male, and not a female. Obviously, he couldnt take the thrown, but he might fight against whomever usurped the throne from his sister? He could have also been taken prisoner, and made to fight in the gladiatoral arena, adding the slave factor into the story. Just my thoughts on that anyway.

If the queen were to die via assassination, the most likely scenario, in my opinion, would be one in which the hero is blamed for said death. This would probably result in his being thrown from the kingdom by his eldest sister and ending up to fight her tyrrany and restore his own good name. One would assume that his oldest female sibling would be at the head of the assassination and the slander against said hero's personage. This is pure speculation but it seems quite possible. Predictable would probably be a better word though.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose sacrifice because I still have the preconception about the game being reminscent of feudal Japan and having overtones of Bushido, which is alot about self-sacrifice for your country and those who need it from my understanding. Though, I am no expert on Bushido so there is a slight chance that my thoughts are ungrounded.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this is a really interesting topic. I agree with Benit, I think the theme will be Revolution and Change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: