Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest Game You've Ever Played
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raze i found the dmc games quite easy the hardest for me was DMC 1.

Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should ammend my statement about the DMC games. They are challanging as they seem to have a rather steep learning curve. (steeper than many other games, to be certain) The games themselves aren't difficult, and don't take a great amount of skill, but instead take patience to figure out the basic strategies the enemies use, and what are the most effective ways to deal with them. Surely, that can be applied to any game of any genre, but the strategies are a little more covert in the DMC series. Enemies basic movements and attacks were a little harder to plot out than normal (unless someone points it out to you, that is.), and that's mostly where the challange comes from.

Personally, I own the entire trillogy and I've beaten them all numberous times. It's just that they're not as easy as many other action-adventure titles because strategy plays a much larger role in the DMC games.

Bottom line: They're not mind-numbingly hard, yet they're no cakewalk either.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shin Megami Tensai: Nocture. With a toss to Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Turner.

They're both hard as hell, but really give you that sense of accomlishment when you beat the crap out of a boss that owns your ass when you first fight them.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, for some reason I suck at the Legend of Legaia games some of the bosses are HARDCORE!! Man Berserker decimated me hundreds of times before I bet He/she/it, then that damn minotaur hurgh...
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel your pain, Sparda. That minotaur was harder than he deserved. :evil:

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Been years since I played it, but the SNES RPG, The 7th Saga will always give me nightmares.

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the most recent game that was challenging to me was Devil May Cry 3, but I didn't get that far because I only rented it.

However, whenever someone asks me what's the hardest game I've played the first thing that comes to my mind is FF1. My NES has been dead for some time now, so I haven't had the chance to re-live some of my childhood memories, but I still remember how scary it was to be lost in the middle of a dungeon, haven't saved in hours, 3 party members dead, no healing items left, and hoping that I don't get surrounded by any mind flayers or dragons.

Also, I know the game itself isn't that hard, but Star Ocean 2's Indelico definitely gets my vote for the hardest final boss, at least in RPGs. Has anyone tried fighting him in Universe mode with his Limiter off? Talk about a headache!

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me DMC was rather hard but I think it is because I am not used to such games. And in RPG genre it would be Star Ocean: The Second Story. It was really not easy for me especially real time battle system in this game. Hovewer it is one of better games I have I think.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe, I remember the 7th Saga. That wasn't a piece of cake, that's for sure.

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the hardest games that I played would have to be where in the world is carmen sandiego.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually found Kingdom Hearts quite hard on difficult. Did anyone else who played this game on difficult find it hard?
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember the 7th Saga and yes it really is hard. But then again i thought that it was really original for the time, after al you got to choose from different companions and races.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, 7th Saga is a bit harder than the average RPG. I found Brain Lord to be really difficult, and not too terribly enertaining either.

Another two games I remember being really hard were Flashback on the Sega Genesis and Out of this World on the Super Ninendo. They were pretty tuff.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the most difficult game I played was Warlock on Genesis/Mega Drive. Although most of the difficult was made from bad design of thee levels and weird controls. Maybe nowadays it could be a great game (and more challenging than infuriating and frustrating) with our technology. Who knows?

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that you mention it destiny's warrior ( i have kingdom hearts and finished) Kingdom Hearts on difficult was not that easy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: