Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Buddy List

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Buddy List Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there anyway we could incorporate some sort of Buddy List. Something that we could use to easier track down people on the site. I don't even know if people would even be interested in this.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does it really seem like something that's needed. There are so many search functions on the forum you can find the most obscure one-post-ever member within seconds. And the fact that we have two groups apiece means that finding members is even easier. If I forget your name, let's say the numbers, I can easily access the Nameless Lands members list then check out the magicians, et voila!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

buddy lists are possible with phpbb, but with the current workload, it'll take a while before I can get around to it.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I really do not see too much point to a buddy list as John Layfield already pointed out because first and foremost this is a website with less than a 1,000 members with more than half of those inactivated or inactive. The remaining handful (the ones that actually come and post here) can easily be found through the usergroup or memberlist functions.

This does bring me to another possible request however. The memberlist is certainly an advanced feature where you can easily find a certain member, however could those same sorting functions be used in the usergroups too? Sorting members by join date, soldiers, posts and the like could come in very useful, especially once the nations expand. If the usergroups work in the same way a memberlist does (I'm unfamiliar with PHP) then wouldn't it just be a case of copying and pasting the code with a few minor readjustments?

Another thing thats been on my mind is a list of all the wanderers. We can see the nation members and mercenaries but searching for a specific wanderer can be a nightmare unless you remember his/her name to the letter (or number).

[nitpick]Oh and John you cannot search both the nation usergroup and the regiment usergroup at the same time since they are two separate groups. To find someone within a usergroup you'd have to search through all the members in that group one by one (although its sorted for you alphabetically so if you just know the first few letters it would be a quick search).[/nitpick]
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A list for wanderers would be a much needed addition, they could be put in a seperate *wanderer* usergroup for easy access. That is about the only real way I can see to do it.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like a buddy list altough it is not really needed considering well it is easy to find someone.

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Along those same lines, if you could sort out members into activity perhaps. I know when I search through Tinto or wherever to find PF's name to PM PF(haha) that I have to look for him avidly. Maybe, have a sort function that goes based on last date logged in? I don't mean to be demanding, it's mearly a suggestion, o great Sars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: