Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

that was a fun run
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nanami-san wrote:
P.S : what is this FFP please ?

See this thread:

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4764

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well his new forum is so ovely awsom, if you care I suggest you join it, that will be the only place you can be as nasty as you want, that is untell he hijacks your account.

ah well, what happens happens, just be glad you are all you, and this community is what it is.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aimless

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
kuwaizair wrote:
please try to read better and not gunk up my topic.

It helps if you spell the words properly in your original post... and you even said so yourself, "Sure, it's useless spam".

As Pestilence said - don't worry about it. SARS backs up his forum regularly and updates the phpBB2 codebase to keep it free from exploits. This board is big and I'm sure that people threaten to hack it all the time. What's another script-kiddie?

Yes... And some of us haven't been here that long so we wouldn't be familiar with all the posts on this board... I for one wouldn't be able to recall your spaz post because I didn't even know about this place when you made it. (And I haven't even set foot in the Advertisements forum yet.)

It's unfair of you, kuwaizair, to expect us to understand what you're talking about ---and even chew us out when we don't-- when you are being so ambiguous in your first post.

Anyway... we'll be fine.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, kuwaizer, even after reading this entire topic I am completely unsure what it's about. I think perhaps you should edit the first post, because it really does not give us
anything to discuss?

I get the sense there's a hacker of some kind, and an ecco the dolphin forum, but I have no idea how they interact, or what anything of it has to do with Suikox.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*shoots self*

god, you would think I'd be good at this kind of thing after so many years.
I understand no one (people in general) and I just spew out drival.

I give up really. if the guy comes here he comes. Its just sad yet amusing when he takes out another "ecco the dolphin" forum.

oh well sure its my fault no one understands me, regardless if english is my only language, thats for all helping there. I think I'll go remind others, who ever I find that they don't know how to communicate.

I was going for a storybook-like narration.
----------------------
Once long ago there was a little ass-wipe, he flames and floods forums and flames and flames people and picks apart the little hearts they have. he mocks kids and haves 12 year olds greatly. hell I, and everyone who can't communicate or act good are considerd "12 year olds". He says he has a life and how good it is to be free from the retardation of playing on stupid forums. he hates ecco and the ecco community now. SO? he comes back and destroys a site once more, he hacked a spam-filled form with stupid fan-kids. He hacked/destroyed other forums and drove his girlfriend off the internet and promiced to drive me off the internet crying never to return.

I figure becaue he hates me so much, he will go and attack other forums I visit, if not to gloat about another "great victory".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being angsty and depressed isn't going to help your cause, kuwaizair... if you get upset any time someone says, "I do not understand what you are trying to say", then they're going to stop treating you seriously. Just explain what you meant like you did above and you'll be fine.

Anyway, as has been said, SARSadmin backs up the site, doesn't give out passwords, and uses phpBB2 that is presumably kept up to date from security hazards. If he comes, so he comes. He causes a DDOS against SuikoX? Phht, the site goes down for a few days and we come back later and it'll be back online.

It's just the Internet. If this forum disappears for half a week, people will be a bit nervous but overall no lasting damage is going to be done.

As far as this script kiddie goes, acting like he is totally driving you into fear and passing on warnings to sites that you visit is not going to make him be like, "Oh wow kuwaizair is so brave, I better leave (s)he alone now." Just face up to it and don't worry.

Remember:

THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, as Arcana says, I keep backups for this forum. This place is backed up every two hours, so even if somebody hacks this forum, etc, I can bring it back to where the forum was with zero loss. Most people don't take that precaution, and thus they lose everything when their forums get hacked. In cases like the recent EZboard hack, there was nothing the board owner could have done to prevent it because board owners can't actually do anything with the board's code, and if their server has security holes, that's the end of your forum.

With phpbb, I can manipulate things as I wish. I've made significant modifications to the default board so likely the available hacking methods into the average phpbb will not work on this board. Even if it does, I can bring the site back up.

Of course, if the hacker is really good (I mean, like, totally ELITE) they can hack into yahoo and destroy the database along with my backups, all my files and their backups, and then hack into my desktop and destroy my local backups as well. If they can do all that, good for them. I can probably start thinking about making a family and buy a farm or something instead of running a video game fan site.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because it was just appropriate.

Yeah I agree with everyone else, i can't see him coming here and causing a huge problem. Probably thinks that hacking invisionfree forums will earn him a rep as a leet dude. Really, it's nothing to be frightened of. Who hacks forums just to write I am awesome at the bottom of the page nowadays?
Pestilence

Stormvokas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there was this one time... :P
Can you feel the pain?
Love racing through my veins
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I AM AWESOME

(1 M l337 H4X)
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont know the meaning of this thread but i can tell you something and that is if you are looking for a hacker i know ne who used to be at these forums and in harmonia.That person was the infamous deleted member JNX!!!He was a hacker belive it or not and he was one of my friends on this forum but it was right of you SARS (or whoever deleted him) to have banned him,because he was a MORON!!!
(sorry JNX buddy)

Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We should consider ourselves lucky to have a smart admin, or else we'd most likely get hacked..so..YAH Sars Ad-minh!!! and Kuwaizair should be thanked for making everyone aware of the hacker dude.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeh, its really funny, he makes fun of me for having no life,like working a good job, having a lover and friends and drinking, and yet he comes back to crush "the ecco community", the smallest fan community possibly in existance.
and he has the nerve to say that to me? he takes swings and stabs at people, so I've learnt from him, some people worshipped him for that, it made him strong to go and quote somone, then write under that forum quote he thinks they are a nit wit and make no sence.

of course I was a target a lot, so is he helping me by agreeing that I suck? would I have more of a life in hacking forums? I read somone tryed to "tell on him" but it didn't work, because what he does ins't the kind of damage worth that time, Its a differnt story If i hacked and took over this forum, compaired to lets say neopets or some game site's forum. From what I took from the LJ entry somone wrote. all you can do is tell the ISP, like when people use proxies to get around to many EZ bord bans.

anway, here we go again, we can only sit back and watch him "destroy" sites. or watch others collapse from lack of interst/spirit. he crushes those pretty good too you know.

Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So in review . . .

Kuzzy: "I hope this site won't be hacked by *insert name of hacker*"

SARS and everyone: "No worries, we back up this site and protect it extensively. He'd have to be good and dedicated to cause damage."

And so I see the dead end we're heading towards if this topic is kept open. Let's exit off this road and stop for lunch.

*closed*
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: