Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is Suikoden II worth THIS much?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu, the simplest answer would be the value of a game (any game) is that which any person is willing to pay for it. I got my sealed copy of Suikoden nearly four years ago for $12 Canadian (plus tax).

The trouble with buying second hand, is the games aren't subject to the price range of brand new, sealed games. I don't know how much the SNES Final Fantasy II would have cost brand new, but I know it wouldn't have been $150, like the fairly worn used copy I saw.

If you want to find the market value for a particular game, you're best bet is to try a specialized game store, like eB Games or the like. I'm not sure if they'll just tell you if you go in and ask, but if you have a game that you want to know the value of, that's a different story. You can just tell them you'd like to sell it and then they'll see how much it is worth (what they will give you, they will of course re-sell it for more.) You can also look around the used game section to see if the games you had in mind were there and how much they are being sold for.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
NoFlyZone

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I think $300 (for a starting bid) is to high, he may be able to ask that if he had the Suikoden II Strategy Guide with it... But if I paid that much for a Factory Sealed copy of Suikoden II I dont think I could bring myself to open it. Being how there are not to many Factory Sealed copys around (at least I would think so) I wish I could go back in time and buy Hundreds of copys of Suikoden II when they were selling for less than $20 :D . And then sell them all for like $100+ Thanks

NoFlyZone
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

acctually, when I was looking for it, everytime I'd ask the sales clerk at Electronics Botque, I'd commonly get "yeah we had two last week, they went fast"

and those jerks, I tryed to get them to reserve me one if they got one in, they told me they'd contact me (even if I'm seeminly always on line due to a slow connection)

so its not that easy many many people are looking for GS 2 as well, when a store gets pre ownd ones they go fast.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
acctually, when I was looking for it, everytime I'd ask the sales clerk at Electronics Botque, I'd commonly get "yeah we had two last week, they went fast"

and those jerks, I tryed to get them to reserve me one if they got one in, they told me they'd contact me (even if I'm seeminly always on line due to a slow connection)

so its not that easy many many people are looking for GS 2 as well, when a store gets pre ownd ones they go fast.

I forgot whether it was EB or Gamestop's website (or both?) but I know they list Suikoden II as "Backordered" and then, for the price, list a "used game" price of $49.99. Ouch, that's what I paid when it first came out, wasn't it? :P So I'm happy my copy is in good condition.

I usually have good luck with EB. :) Found my copy of Suikoden I there for $10 there last year! (I have NO idea why it was so cheap where I bought it but I grabbed it as soon as I saw it on the used rack. Good birthday find :D) The employees at the EB I go to are also very nice. They didn't want to sell me a used game once because it was extremely scratched up (they showed me the underside and I agreed).
Sotherby the Jailer

Escaped Prisoners

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wealth comes from the mountains, and is swallowed by the mountains.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fire Drake wrote:
then again it still a playstation, so why whould you want it??? :?:

Well, if I didn't already have it, I would want it. Sure PS2 games are newer and (sometimes) more impressive looking, but a good game is a good game regardless of whether it's a generation or two behind in the consoles.

I think Zelda: A Link to the Past is still the favourite of many Zelda fans (mine is Ocarina of Time) and that was originally released on the Super Nintendo. It may be an old game now, but if you can accept the graphical presentation, it has aged well.

I'm sure that if Suikoden II were re-released, with translation fixes and some of the glitches patched up (except the Matilda trick, keep the Matilda trick) and repackaged as a PlayStation 2 title with no graphical upgrade whatsoever, it would still sell as well as any Suikoden game designed with the PS2 hardware in mind.

I wouldn't pay $300 for it, of course, but I feel the game is worth the current retail price of any new PS2 game.

Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buying Suikoden II for that much would be way too steep of a price for me! Even if I had never played it, I don't think I would pay that much for it. The easiest way to find a Suikoden II is to search your closest game stores in the used game sections. Unfortunately for me, I had to do this for Suikoden I. I've never like buying or bidding for items online so I searched my stores near me and was able to get it for 25$ in great condition. The ridicoulous part was that my brother owned Suikoden, and I had beat the game before, but he refused to give it to me. Considering he lives on the other side of the country, I found it just a bit hard to find time to play it :x . On the otherhand, every store I walk into these days seem to have a copy of Suikoden I and III available.

But back on topic, although I believe Suikoden II is the best game I have ever played, the price on this one is outrageous. Even if I had never played Suikoden II before but Suikoden was still my favorite series, I would never invest that kind of money in game I had never played before. Heh, 300$, no thank you.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WHAAAT 300$$ :shock: :shock: !!!!!!!! the hell with that, unless i'm asome serious richman who like to throw money out the window i'ne never gonna pay that much for a game at cool and entertaning as it may be 100 $$ Maximum but it'd still make me think third time over before buying it. no game are worth that much unless it's the last copy on all the world and what's the point of having a game you won't play, not can't play, WON'T PLAY, it 'd be just some serious waste of hardly earned income.

as for my game, i jus ask my cousin to lend me his game and here i am for hours and hours of fun!! WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :lol: :D
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My opinion is that people who spend that much money on something and get no pleasure from it other than looking at it, need some serious shock therapy. It's like a nice car. Why spend thousands of money on one and just let it sit on a trailer to be hauled around? Augh!

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's another eBay auction with a rather bloated price tag, but this time it's for a sealed copy of the original Suikoden.

It has a starting bid of US $175 and a Buy It Now price of US $225. Just when you began to have faith in the common sense of some people, somebody lets you down again, particularly when another auction sells a complete but unsealed copy for a Buy It Now price of US $60. It's ridiculous to spend US $165 just for some cellophane wrapping and a sticker holding the case closed.

Unlike the seller of the Suikoden II auction, this person has sold numerous items before, and has a feedback rating of 888. Simply put, this person is scalping.

Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

300$ thats alot a dough for a a sealed game Suikoden II is very rare and just this year I bought it off ebay for 80 Canadian it wasn't bad but i was so impateient i probably could of got it way cheaper...You can get Suikoden I for like 20$ and in pawn shops you can get Suikoden III for like 20$ too the only hard one to get is Suikoden II
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd never pay that much for a game, particularly when used games with everything included is just as good. Suikoden II is the only game in the series which I didn't buy brand new, though it nearly cost as much as a new copy, at approx. $50 Canadian (may have been in the $40 range, but I bought it several years ago so I can't quite remember.)

Regarding Suikoden III, are there two variations to the package art? I've seen grapchics of it with a greenish background and the Suikoden III logo at the top, whereas all the copies I've seen in the stores have the regular white background with the logo at the bottom. I think I paid roughly $75 Canadian (US $5 :lol: ) for Suikoden III just after it came out.

Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may be crazy over Suikoden, but I'm not THAT crazy as to spend $300 on a sealed game that I'm not even going to be playing. I could see maybe if you had more money than you knew what to do with, and you were a real hardcore collector, then I guess I could see someone buying it for that much. But there's no way I would spend that much money on a game, even if it is Suikoden II.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, and it's strange how in the retail market, older games decrease in value over time, whereas it seems to be the complete opposite in the secondary market. Years ago, I remember going into a music/video store and seeing a small shelf of the Intellivision Poker & Blackjack game with a $2 price tag, and the system had been obsolete for many years at that point.

One auction for an Intellivision game is already up to US $52, which just goes to show that even though it may be an obsolete system, there are people who are willing to pay a lot of money for one of the games.

I believe all auctions should start low, with reserve prices if the seller feels they should get a certain amount, but the buyer shouldn't be "forced" to start with a price of $100 or over. If they are willing to go that high, they will but people will also look for the best deal before they even consider such auctions.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keep looking on eBay. I managed to get it for Euro70.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: