Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Makai Kingdom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing Makai Kingdom over the last week, and I find it enjoyable in terms of Nippon Ichi games. They certainly improved over Phantom Brave's mistakes, like being able to freely move within the circle instead of painstakingly sending your character in a single line, or eliminating a lot of the more useless item classes like trees, plants, rocks, and so on. I wish that getting Gency Tonics was more easier like it is in Disgaea, in case you're in a serious bind during the free dungeons.

I didn't buy Makai for the story, but for the potential cameos from previous Ichi games and the fights required to get them. Right now I'm working on getting Flonne and Etna, apart from Valvoga in the story mode.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer the Prinny voice in this game a lot more than the one in Disgaea. But, I hope for familiarity's sake that they used the same voice actors for everyone else.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you ask me, I think the Prinnies sound like they inhaled a lot of helium and turned into squeaky toys or something. But I digress. :D

I've only heard Flonne and Etna's voices, and I don't think they're the same ones. At least, definitely not for Flonne. But she sounds much better here than in Disgaea, IMO.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure the voice actor for the healer is the same as Laharl's, so we'll see about him.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering if other Makai Kingdom players could help me out here. Of all the secret characters, I'm only missing Asagi, Yoshitsuna and Pram. I'm having trouble unlocking Pram's fight. I know that I have to kill a large number of allies to unlock this fight, but I've been killing lots of allies and making dummy allies to kill off, and it's still not working. Am I supposed to be at a certain point in the game, or do I have to do some other requirement that I'm not aware of? Any help would be great.

Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I remember correctly you have to kill sixty allies to unlock he fight with Pram(she is something like 1050 or 1150). However the fight isn't unlocked until you beat the final stage of the final chapter. As far as Asagi and Yoshitsuna, Asagi just reuires a high level and a high amount of mana. The battle against her is relatively easy because she is some incrediby weak level in comparison to the level you need to be to unlock her(which I think might be 2000). For Yoshitsuna, I think you unlock the wish at something like level 1000. However the fight itself is really difficult. The Yoshitsuna is level 2000 and has a level 2000 Baal piloting it along with about eight prinnies of slightly lower level riding around with him. Now then the Yoshitsuan has about twice the stats of the Super Robo Suit at an equal level.I guess you sort of get the point of my ramblings by now. Just be prepared for a difficult fight against the Yoshitsuna.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That must be it. I'm just in the first chapter of a third replay. I've killed WELL over 60 allies by now, so I just have to get to the final chapter. Thanks.

BTW, the Yoshitsuna wish is unlocked after the Zetta wish is conquered at level 300 with 200,000 mana, I believe. I have it opened already, now I'm just training like mad. The Asagi wish is gained at level 1000, not 2000... I hope. :shock:

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's at level 1000 with 100000 Mana. Very easy if you know the food dungeon trick and the 3-4 Mana trick. Yoshitsuna, however, will require you to have multiple characters (eight, preferably) that have been reincarnated multiple times at level 5000-9999. That vehicle is absurd.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let me say this much; this game is MUCH simpler than Phantom Brave was. Honestly that game was way too hard for its own good. It was nice but all the new stuff you had to do was mind boggling. At the very least this game was very challenging only because money was very hard to come by.

But then I find out about the Overlord battles and I just about lost it. And I thought Baal was complicated in Disgaea.

Maybe it's because I rushed through the game, but I really don't understand a lot of the terms running around in gamefaqs. It's not New-person friendly. Since you guys make things so much simpler than they do, I figured you all could help me.

My main goal is to someday beat Yoshitsuna and the gang, but in order to do that, there are many complicated steps in order to get there. I'll list what I know and if I get lost, I hope someone could help me. Obviously I'm trying to gain as much mana and EXP as possible.

1st Step:

From reading Gamefaqs, the first priority is to unlock all the classes of some of the people. This is especially true for Carrot Men, Berserkers, those doll things, and some others (there's a list in Gamefaqs) because you want to transfer the highest class' skills. Many of them are stuff like "Mana+ 80%" and others. They say the best place to level up normally to level 100, which unlocks tier 6, is stage 9-9.

As Leb has already told us transmigrating is very important. That list of classes I just gave out earlier are the classes you need. (Again I know I am missing some. I don't have the list with me at the moment) You must turn your desired character into a building and then transmigrating that character into one of those classes in that list I just gave. This process must be repeated for ALL those other classes and reach level 100 to gain their abilities. After that list is complete, then you can transmigrate them into the class that you initially wanted them to be.

O.k. I understand that much. But then things get complicated.

Step 2:

In order to level up a lot, you need a whole lot of Mana. I have a small idea what the trick is, but I only read up on it.

They say to make three leveled up mimics (I'm guessing 6th tier) equipped with the box weapon and send them out along with the character you want to level up. They said you also have to send out three huts, I think. From there, they are supposed to attack Zetta for some odd reason. *assistance please. Why does he need to be attacked anyway?*

Then they do one of their Mana up skills on the buildings and character, it raises the mana% gained at the end of the battle for every object. So if you destroy something that was mana charged you get the percentage at the end of the battle. They say you have to do this a lot and eventually you will have enough. But the cap is +5000%.

Problem: I think I get this, unless I messed something up terribly. Leb you know the trick, so I hope you can explain this in detail. And where exactly are those Box weapons anyway? You can't buy them and I don't think I ever picked it up.

Step 3 and beyond:

After leveling up to 100 *again*, you use that Mana to create free dungeons where the enemies are insanely strong. I've heard two ways to level up. One involves the Dishwasher and food, while the other deals with sending someone out of bounds. I got very frustrated at this point, so I would appreciate an explanation here.

All I know is that the Cook is important and once you get this step done, it's simply a matter of repeating this step and going back to stage 3-4 for mana. (At least, that's what I understand)

Heh, I think I lost myself.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know exactly how to help you here. The problem is, up until you get to level 100, a lot of it is luck and massive levelling in regular free dungeons.

The Mana trick is in netherworld 3, stage 4 ("The Evil Seedle", if you chose Seedle to create the netherworld). There is a level 115 or so castle here that can be taken out at around level 40 with Braveheart cast a few times. Basically, you need to be able to kill it to maximaze your mana gain at early levels. Now.

What you want to do is create Mimics (any tier is fine, so go with the basic), since they have weapon mastery of boxes. Boxes are a rare type of weapon like Beam Swords and Staffs, so they are found at random in free dungeons. Go start looking for 'em. Assuming you have the Mimics and have them equipped with boxes, go to 3-4 and invite them, your attacker, and three facilites you want to kill with the castle. Give the mimics basic boxes and make sure everyone has great defensive equipment on. If any buildings or characters get damaged, just improve their defense.

Now, you need to attack Zetta (the term for this is "spamming"). Anything that hits Zetta will be reflected back onto everything on the map. Allies, enemies, buildings, whatever. The spam attack will reflect the mana boost onto everyone, which is the key. Having it on yourself will also boost your gains-- not just on the thing you kill. Spamming keeps you from having to attack each object individually a number of times, which is why it's emphasized. I forget the whole equation, but here's how it works:

The regular box attack is worth 1.
The first box skill is worth 2.
The second box skill is worth 4.

Once it adds up to 61, you've hit the max for potential mana gain. It's why you want more than one spammer-- it speeds it up greatly. Once that's done, have your attacker kill all the buildings. You'll get some few hundred thousand mana.

Now, the actual leveling. Your confusion is coming from the fact that you think the trick is done in regular free dungeons-- it's not. Once you hit level 100, equip a food item (not pies!) in your weapon slot, and create a free dungeon with that character. These will create "Food Dungeons"; one-floor dungeons with enemies lined up in a 3x3 square at twice your level. The reason for the name is that food greatly influences your experience. Doing this properly, you can easily gain 600-1000 levels (1000 only if you have the experience boost).

For this you'll need an attacker, a few characters with Braveheart, a few chefs, and lots of food. I recommend making three food markets with some chefs, invite them all into 1-1, beat it, and repeat a few times. Now then.

Go into the food dungeon. When you do, throw out three to five of the monsters to level up the ones that remain. You can throw out a few more if you're ballsy, but their defense can greatly exceed your attack if you're not careful. Afterwards, bring in your attacker through an Academy, and also your chefs. Feed the crap out of your attacker and the remaining monsters with them to boost TEC, which is what influences experience. Once you have sufficiently fed them all (be generous!), do a Braveheart chain on your attacker, and use your strongest move. Be aware of elemental defense too. They have poor range and can only attack one person per turn, so just move your attacker out of range if you don't kill them all.

Now that you've done that, go back to 3-4 and get some more mana. Once your character can survive the building-making process, make sure you keep making new buildings to keep up with your level (the higher the level of the building, they more mana they give out).

Also, don't worry about the experience and mana skills. You're going to replace all of your generic guys with the overlords, and just leveling one person to a certain degree will be enough to kill them all. Overlords can reincarnate, but can't change into new classes. As such, it makes the skills other than their own obsolete.

All of this will help until you fight Battleship Yoshitsuna. You'll come crawling back for help with that one, heh.
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leader: Zanzibar

Class: warrior

Level: 18

I'm only on the third or fourth senario, but then again I've only invested about 5 hours into the gameplay. It's a good game I'll admit, however it feels incomplete. My friend who actually purchased it also agree's with this...it's just lacking something that I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps it's just because it feels as if it's not all that different from it's predicessors other than the new movement abilities and the lack of a 'main character' per se.

Julious Cezar
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I can guess why. Here's my little peeve about the game. The story is REALLY short. Throughout the majority of the game you're basically blasting your way through dungeons. At the earlier parts of the game, you don't get much story until the beginning and end of the chapters. While they actually are lengthy scenes, the fact that they only show up in the beginning and end makes you want to rush through it all! That's basically my reasoning for hurrying through the game like that. In fact, until Salome joins the Overlords in Chapter 5 (I think) you will be hard pressed to get some sort of cut scene between chapters. Disgaea had small cut scenes in just about every stage. It gave me a sense of progress and made me enjoy the game much more. With such a great cast in Makai Kingdom, how can the makers deprive us of the story?

And Leb, thanks for the trick. Although it's hard for me to find a good amount of time to play for hours nowadays, so I'll probably revive this topic in about a month if I ever get to Yoshitsuna. I can only imagine how long it will take to level up my characters in Step 1 with all the transmigration and such. I know you said to level up only 1 character since the overlords take everyone's place, but I think I would like to have at least 3 buffed up people. That's just me. Unless of course, you can transmigrate Overlords, so they can have the Carrot and everyone else's abilities?

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Overlords can reincarnate, but only into their own class. Fortunately, they all have damn good skills.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally believe this game was a lot easier than Disgaea. I mean Baal was a piece of cake in this game and so was every other boss compared to Baal and Uber Prinny in Disgaea. I still haven't even been able to beat Uber Prinny to this day.

I've gotten every character and beaten the game 3 times till now and am on my 4th playthrough. I heard somewhere that you get another bad ending if Laharl beats Zetta or if you beat the game with Laharl as your lead character. Can someone tell me how exactly you can do this? Although, I really should forget about how to get more bad endings and at least get the good ending ONCE.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you fought the second Baal fight (when he's in Battleship Yoshitsuna)? That's insanely more difficult than Uber Prinny Baal.

In order to get the Laharl endings, you need to have him be the leader AND wishmaker for the Zetta fight. Winning and losing that fight will both give different-than-usual sequences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: