Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The singer thread, continued
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some funny but true facts...

William Hung's album sells out more than clay aiken/ruben's album and it seems that more of my friends know who is William Hung rather than Clay... Weird is not it? :lol: In fact, Simon is more popular than the singers :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
I actually think that these competitions may be unfair especially when one voted more than once. Though the TV stations can detect these... but, I do not think they give a damn in the first place. As long as they get more viewers, they are happy enough to label those ordinary people as talented and genious. Besides, I have heard of this granny who actually send in lots and lots of votes for a singer she fancy of... and even goes to a great extent where she enforces a rule to her family member to at least send in 10 votes for the singer.

On the other hand, these TV programmes had changed people life. From ordinary to hero. But, for winner to emerge as winner, losers are needed. Pity it may be but at least, they were recognized by people from all over the country/ all over the world though maybe only for a split second. Nevertheless... Heroes will be forgotten one day :roll: .
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Firstly I would like to say that I didn't watch American Idol when it was shown in Britain, therefore I have no idea of how their ruling system differs from the current British equivelant in X Factor, however it is rather clear that Kelly Clarkson has made a name for herself, she hasn't died out and has relied on her own determination and natural talent as a singer and song writer (she wrote half of the songs on her Breakaway album herself) to continue to make music, instead of being a few month long fad, she is in fact a talented individual regardless of whether you like her style or not, she is a talented musician.
Secondly I would like to mention that in Britain most of the acts who won competitions such as Popstars, Pop Idol and X Factor haven't survived. Only Girls Aloud (a female pop band) survived Popstars a few years on, the same with singer Will Young from Pop Idol series 1, and in the first series of X Factor the winner Steve Brookstein didn't survive, but the runners-up a opera-ballad group G4 have survived and are currently marketing their second album previous to the one last year.
Therefore through my own judgement there is mixed sucess and it depends on both the person/group as well as how popular their music is in the public eye.
Also another note I must add is that although I'm not sure what the rules of the Australian, American or Canadian competitions are, the judges can only advise on what song to sing, and the participants themselves can use their freewill to choose a song of their choice if they do not wish to listen to the judge who is assigned as their mentor, in fact a fortnight ago a singer called Chico sung a song of his own devision, it was called "It's Chico Time". As a talented singer myself I am aware of his limited vocal talents, however he is a good showman and generally gets the crowd together, but I see him more of a club performer than on a professional scale, I'm sure he'd be great at a concert, but on an audio track I doubt he would be as effective.
But the chance to write their own songs and each have their own style is what seperates X Factor from the previous types of singing competition, as it is the participants who define their own X Factor, they are able to sing what they want and can choose whether to act on advise or not, for example I would probably sing a mixture of my own songs, some Justin Timberlake songs, some Elton John songs and some Robbie Williams songs throughout the competition because of my personal preference, and I would be perfectly allowed to do so, and as from next year I shall be within the age range to enter the competition I shall see how I fare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: