Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SUIKODEN 3 LVL 99 trick....who actually did it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got to lvl 52 and decided i wanna play through the game again, so i kept a file there and ill continue it later.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont really like using bugs in the games system to cheat like this to gain levels and such. It takes away from the feeling of accomplishment when you get a character to a high level and know you did it the old fashioned way. thats just my opinion anyway and I suppose at some point I may try it out as i have already beaten Suikoden 3 at least once.

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beaten Suikoden 3 twice before i did this trick soo don't even say that! i just wanted to know what would happen and all the battles i could actually win.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have done this myself and made up a guide for it. I will put it in quote tags because I already posted this for soldiers elsewhere.

Quote:

First, save your game before entering the ambush army battle on the Amur plains. Then, enter the battle and win. Fortunately, you only have to beat the three head lizards (Shiba, Bazba, and Dupa) and Lucia. Then, retreat. The game will recognize your efforts and award you with two level ups for the characters listed above. (Not in exp, but just two plane old levels) Then, when you are on the Amur Plains, take off all equipment and let a group of enemies kill you. I suggest the two boars enemy group or the area boss, troll dragon. You will be given two options: Now Way -or- I give up. Say "No Way" and you will be brought back to your save point. But, you will have the two level ups. Save your game with the level ups. Then, repeat these steps over again and get two more level ups. Continue until you reach level 99. I have leveled up my characters to Level 99. I know this works.

Here is how to prepare for the army battle so you can actually win it. (It will take 2-3 hours.)

When you first arrive at Brass Castle you need to do all the story scenes, but don't go to sleep. Talk to Salome and put Roland and Borus in the party. Go to the Zexen Forest and train your characters until Chris reaches level. 27. You will have a TON of skill points. You should have enough to get all your characters to the max on all abilities. Trust me, you'll need it. Then, go to Vinay Del Zexay and go into the guildhall. Buy all the equipment that will improve your defense. (Be sure to check rarities in the potion shop for flame amulets. Besides winged boots, they're the best defense item available at this point.) Next you need to remove Borus' Sword of Rage Rune. It is terrible anyway. Then, level up all characters' weapons to level 8 at Brass Castle.
Now, to prepare for the fights. Make sure you don't have any medicine equipped. It won't help. Make sure that Borus is runeless. You should be ready now.

First, here are some tips on the battle:

NEVER attack an opponent. (By this I mean do not attack an opponent to start a battle. You HAVE to attack once in a battle) They will attack you. Besides, Chris' unit heals turnly. You should try to take as little damage as possible between turns. Always receive attacks with Chris' unit unless Dupa is attacking you because Borus is also in the unit. Dupa is the strongest opposing unit. You will need to weaken him with your other units first.

Here's a walkthrough of how I beat this battle:

When you enter the battle, you need to move all units to the lower-right open space. Next turn, Beecham, Lucia, and a Karaya unit will show up. Move all units upwards to the open space that is up and to the left of your position. This is where you will make your stand. Beat all units who come to attack you. Dupa is the strongest opponent. If he tries to attack you, receive the attack with a Zexen Knight unit. Do this again if he attacks again with your other Zexen Knight unit. When he attacks a third time, defend with Roland's unit. After you lose these three units Dupa will be weak. Pounce on him. That's right, attack him. You should be able to win easily. Oh yeah, if ever you are weak and need an extra healing turn, move one space to the right. This will give you an extra healing turn. Then you HAVE to stand your ground because if you move right again, you will run away. Also, Lucia is somewhat difficult. Be sure to fight her when you have at least 67 percent of your health. She might kill on a critical hit. Bazba is somewhat of a threat. He has a cyclone rune and might cast funeral wind. This could take out Chris and lose you the battle. Just hope he doesn't use it. The other units don't pose much of a threat if they don't get critical hits. With these steps you should be able to win. You will need some luck though. It took me two tries to win. It shouldn't take more than three.

Note:

Every time you win this battle, it will get easier. Chris, Borus, and Roland will do more damage, receive less damage, and have more HP. Also, their skills will get better. Once you reach level 37 or 39 (I don't remember which), you will attack twice with Chris making this battle easier. If you leveled up Borus and Roland's swing skill, they will also eventually get two attacks. You will probably only have trouble with this battle until you reach level 33.

I suggest the following strategy for a faster time through this segment. (You should be at level 60 for this strategy)

It will get you through the battle a LOT faster. On the first turn, you should send Chris down to the lower left open space. You should send your weaklings to the upper open space. And finally, attack Bazba with Roland and your turn will be over. Your opponents will probably attack you next turn, so stand your ground. Lucia, Beecham, and their other unit will show up. You should send your ZXNKN unit to attack the Karaya fighter unit. If they win, send your ZXNINF unit one space to the right, if not, and then just attack the Karaya fighter unit with the ZXNINF. Then have your Chris unit take out Shiba and Dupa, if they are still alive and have Roland take out Lucia and Bazba if you didn't beat him last turn. Proceed through the next turn and if Chris or Roland finished their job listed above already, you don't need to fight the lizard units or Beecham, so retreat if they attack you. Open the hole to the retreat spot if you didn't finish that last turn. Then, retreat if Dupa, Shiba, Bazba, and Lucia are down. You should be able to finish this a lot faster.

Here are the rewards:

1. Without doing this and getting Chris and Borus over level 90, you will never get to use a level four spell with them. With this trick even Chris and Borus (really terrible magic users) can cast level four spells. (Yes, that means Chris can use heavenly drops)

2. If you give Roland the swing skill, he will eventually attack twice in one turn. Without getting him to a really high level, this feat would be impossible.

3. At a really high level (80 or higher), Salome will get a second 4th level spell. That makes him one of the best magic users in the game. He will also get three rune slots at a much lower level. He is one of the best healers in the game if you give him a water/flowing rune, and a shield rune.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only thing I found amusing with the Level 99 trick is to see Estella do two swings (she gets her second swing at around 175 SPD, I think). :lol:
Jetlogs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've done it, but it can be quite frustrating whenever Bazba's Funeral Wind succeeeds in instant death or when Dupa does that unexpected x3 damage which causes you to do the whole cycle all over again... not to mention the lengthy dialogue you have to go through =/
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jetlogs wrote:
I've done it, but it can be quite frustrating whenever Bazba's Funeral Wind succeeeds in instant death or when Dupa does that unexpected x3 damage which causes you to do the whole cycle all over again... not to mention the lengthy dialogue you have to go through =/

Yes, Bazba was a threat throughout the leveling. I found the time it takes to get killed in the higher levels far more annoying than the dialogue or the actual battle. You had to hope to find two boars or a troll dragon.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i tried doing this on my last playthru. Thing is i just couldent find that much experence in the forrest after a certain level. so if i were to build up it would take a long ass time to get to 27.

Im definitly doing this next playthru.

So if you get chris to 99 everyone she recuits will be around her level? ala ff6?

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Ced posted the recriuts that would. Not everyone does, but many do.

As for the 27 thing, I brought Chris out alone after I got Roland and Borus done just to give her a bit of an edge. The Flame Amulets from the Guild Hall in Vinay Del Zexay are key. You need those things. Remember, you ONLY have to beat Lucia, Shibe, Dupa, and Bazba. Once they are gone, you can leave. If you have the patience to read my whole thing, it will help a lot. No joke. Most likely you will have to fight everyone because Dupa likes to stay behind, but if you can leave early, then you should. It's a tough thing to do (this trick that is), but once you get Chris attacking twice, it becomes a whole lot easier.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh wow, i never knew you could leave early. it woulda definitely saved some time.

someone had suggested Sacrificial Jizos once and i in turn recommended it to others, but after trying it out, i realized they only heal for a total of like 100 HP, and the overkill amt (let's say you have 1 hp left and you're hit for 100, then you had 99 pts of overkill) reduces the amt of HP it gives you.
Tobias Amherst

Tuxteth O'Grady, USA

1584 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never once used the trick. It takes all the challenge out of the game and the RPGs I play should always be of good hearted difficulty for my continued attention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: