Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 1 problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never had any problems like that with any of my Suikoden games. Actually the only glitch that I've ever had was that when I walk into my castle in Suikoden 1 there would be no music. All I had to do was exit then re-enter and it would be fixed but thats nothing to even complain about. You all just have bad luck I guess.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:

Yes, UberYuber, it added Pahn to my party after saving at the Saraday inn.

Well there you have it... the dreaded corrupted save file.

I think if you really want to keep playing in Suikoden I and you're going to save after a long time and then quit... be wise and save the exact same file twice. If you do get this glitch, there is no fix. If you load it four hundred times, it's still there because it saved it corrupted, it's not loading it wrong.
Also, I don't think it's common AT ALL.. it's only happened to me once and it was on my last playthrough. I've beat Suikoden I over ten times, but probably only about 3 times on my Playstation 2.

BTW... I hate Gremio.. having 6 of him in my party was murder.

...oh how cruel you are Suikoden I...

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only giltch i ever came across in Suikoden I was having no music when i entered the headquarters/castle.
But just in case i always have two saves, not just of Suikoden but of every RPG i play. You just never know when something crazy can happen and mess up your game save.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
At this point I've probably had more playthroughs of Suikoden I on the PS2 than I did on the PSX, and never once had a glitch like this happen. Is this really that common?

haha, I only played Suikoden 1 once on my PS1 XD, and I've never had this glitch before. I've played Suikoden 1 for, around 6 times? :P I remember playing it 2 times as soon as I got my Playstation 2 and finished Suikoden 2.

If I experience this glitch, the only way to remove it is by restarting the game? ok.

Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Suikoden 1 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What a classic i might add and also a great game i have fortunataly succesfully beaten it only once. so i cannot tell you any advice on how to beat it because i just went straight through the game and did the things that you needed to do.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

slayerprince, I don't think anyone is asking for advice to beat the game. Thanks for the help offer though.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had that glitch happen to me, too. Many many times. With me it replaces Gremio with Pahn (and once it also replaced Cleo with Ted), but it usually does so after the escape from Gregminster into the first arrival in Lenankamp. It did it to me once at the fortress of Kwaba, but it never has done it after that.

Two other glitches I had have delt with the warehouse. I've had the game freeze for no reason when reting to detach Kamandol (I know he's attached to his Guiard Robe, but seriously...) and another happens when rarranging people's inventories. Sometimes (it's happened with Fuma, Rubi and, again, Kamandol) if you take a piece of equipped armor that is at the top of the character's inventory and hand it over to the same person, the item underneath it in the listings will become grey (locked on). Then if you check the equipment menu, nothing will be equipped. This happens a lot to me actually.
suiko_fan_4538

Mother *%$#ing rune masters

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

some times when i attack my party does not move evena bit and the music skips a lot and somtimes their is no music at all. how do i fix it :evil:
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This glitch finally happened to me. It was really late and I thought I was only imagining things, then I suddenly remembered the glitch I read about here in suikox.com :P. I just restarted the game, since it wasn't really that far from the beggining.

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay, I'm not th only one. Did the same exact glitch happen to you? (Cleo for Pahn)
White Fang

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have had a couple of serious glitches in Suikoden 1

For one of them, Ted appeared in my party in Cleo's place when I loaded the game. I had saved at the forest village inn, just before you get Tai Ho and Camile. The game worked fine until I tried to progress with the storyline, then it messed up.

Another time Pahn was added to my party when I was at village of the elves. He took no-ones place but was put in a space I left empty in my party (I was doing a playthrough where I only used characters you had to use). From memory he disappeared when I used Mathiu to remove him.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the only problem i ever had with suikoden 1 was that i couldn't catch the cat no matter how many times i tried. i would corner it and mash on "X" but i still couldn't pick it up. this happened to me last month and i ended starting the game over because i couldn't get all s.o.d's if i couldn't get the cat. when i started the game over and tried again i caugh the cat on my first try.

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had problems with the music in the Dragon Cave it always stoped or went all funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: