Suikoden United and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

soul caliber 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: soul caliber 3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this game is coming out soon and u get to disign your own charicter. and there is 2-3 new charicters as well.

so what do u all think of this?
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen previews for it in magazines. It didn't show too much but it looked pretty good.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm looking forward to it.
Zazamael looks totally bitchin' and The create a character mode is a welcome addidtion.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soul Calibur should be very hard to disappoint. Especially Soul Calibur 3. It looks just so awesome.

Out of the three new characters, i would love to try out Setsuka. Sword-in-umbrella wielding characters tend to be very dynamic. but Tira and Zalzamel both look very cool. Hopefully, Zally will be more different from Astaroth. Not saying that Astaroth is a bad cahracter, but i don't want a copy of a large axe wielder.

Having a custom-made character sounds like a lot of fun too.

I am really interested in wanting to know what the plot is all about. Granted, the storylines of fighting games aren't usually great, but i'm intruigued nonetheless.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well considering that Soul Calibur 3 is the only fighting game I'm looking forward to then I expect to get it probably some time after its release when the price drops, not because it's not good but because I'm too cheap.

Anyway I'm not sure about the new characters and I don't really care they will prove or disprove themselves in battle, as long as Ivy and Misturugi are returning I'm content, but this custom character deal though it could be good I have a feeling it will not work as well in Soul Calibur but then again what do I know.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are alot of sellers on ebay and amazon that would sell Soul Calibur 3 for a fraction of the price if you want to check them out Arenegeth . I saw the game in the playstation 2 magazine and it looks pretty good . I hope that there is a playable demo of Soul Calibur 3 in the next issue . It might even be a better fighting game than the new Mortal Kombat game .
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I heard and saw, each character will have thier own story path through the game, and the paths have forks in different story events. That alone makes the game cool.

Plus Seigfreid will be a playable character along with Knightmare! That there is Sweetness ladies and gentlemen!

Hugo wrote:
It might even be a better fighting game than the new Mortal Kombat game .

ANY fighting game is better then Mortal Kombat. ~_~

Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I wouldn't go that far . I wont be buying Mortal Kombat but it is far from being crap . I think that Soul Calbur 3 will be the best game of its Genre to date.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you ever played a game called Guilty Gear XX?

It's a 2-d game, but it's detail, and controller response, aswell as the character balance and tiers make it the best fighting game ever crafted.

Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

the best fighting game ever crafted.

Now, now you can't go around saying things like that, there is no such thing as "the best fighting game ever crafted" it may be to you but other people will think otherwise.

As for the new Mortal Kombat if you are referring to Shaolin Monks don't except much from it, judging from Sub-Zero Mythologies and Special Forces, and its not an ordinary fighting game.

For example from my experience I have to say that Virtua Fighter 4 has the best fighting system in any fighting games I played, according to me but Rival Schools for the PS1 (from Capcom too) is my favorite fighting game since with all the minigames and stuff I enjoyed it more than going on flamenco stance on Kumite mode 100 times over for that High King or whatever rank.

Ahem to kind of bring this back on topic let me say that I have A LOT of games to do something on 50+ actually, I always have something to do and that is why I don't rush to buy as soon as they come out unless I really like them... Wait...

The last game I bought as soon as it came out was Suikoden IV, I have ordered OZ which is soon to its release and Pre-ordered Rhapsodia so I don't mind waiting for price drops, but in Amazon in specific games are more expensive at least they were last time I checked, wait, instead of bringing it back on topic I derailed it even more so let me try again.

Ahem to kind of bring this back on topic let me say that Soul Calibur 3 is like the one fighting game I'm waiting for, and the only other is Dead or Alive 4 on X-Box 360.

The genre is suffering and the fact that it has remained stagnant all this years is to blame, the fighting genre needs an evolution that.... shoot off topic again ok another go...

Ahem to kind of bring this back on topic let me say that I hope we don't get that Inferno thing as a last boss again, I want someone unique that you actually get to unlock as a secret character than someone with simply mixed styles from all characters, I got it right this time...
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a possibility that each character will have a seperate ending boss. Seigfried will most likely have a Knightmare/Inferno combo. But, from I've seen with Ivy, she may fight a demented "Soul Edge" created version of herself. That cutscene they showed in one of the trailers when Ivy was being forced to take the Soul Edge was freaky, with that weird doppleganger of herself making her reach for it. <_<

And, I retract what I said, To be fair, it's one of the Best 2-D fighters, edging Street Fighter III out by a good Margin.

EX/Gold Boss Dizzy >>>>> Gil.

Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yarr! As long as Cervantes be there, I'll be wantin' that thar booty!

*ahem*

Yeah, I'd be looking forward to this if I had money and a Playstation 2... I only have an X-Box at the moment and I don't like the controller for fighting games, the D-Pad is rather uncomfortable to use, kinda like the Dreamcast one only nothing could be as painful as that D-Pad...

Anyway, I digress, but the thought of being able to have my own character in a fighting game has to be the best thing in a LONG time to come to it, I'm just glad it came to a reliably good series of fighting games.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really looking forward to it. It seems that the developers have decided to devote some time to good plot lines and good ways of executing said plotlines. It's confirmed, I believe, that you will be able to make choices about the game and it may take you to different endings for each character. I'm sure that as always there are certain characters doomed to crossover.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the consolidation of characters. Namely, Cassandra and Sophitia. They were like the same stances and moves and strengths and weaknesses, understandably based on the story lines but I didn't like it. I'd rather see that Cassandra took a Viking hiatus and came back with insane new moves that are different from Sophitia's if she's still in the game. Character Creation was one of the first things confirmed and the biggest thing I'm looking forward to in the game. The possibilities are endless, well not relaly. But the thing is I really like to own my characters and have that sense of ownership. This should be fun. It's probably design the outfit and pick a weapon that comes with its own moveset. A cast member weapon or like 4 old weapons and unique weapons. Like the creation things from Dynasty Warriors, but hopefully I'll be pleasently surprised.

Of the new characters I'm looking forward to Tira. Always good to have another skanky character. Haha, I'm just kidding kind of. She looks like shes not a player for amateurs. Like an Ivy style character but with a much shorter and more deadly range. Zamzy looks like maybe a slightly quicker slightly less devastating version of Astaroth. The other one (names are bad now. its a lil late) looks like secrecy and sneaky moves would be her specialty. Maybe not as powerful or even as quick. Balanced in power and speed but neigh unpredictable. Sounds like a good mix of characters.

Overall I'm really anxiously anticipating the release of this game onto Play Station.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jhones wrote:
Have you ever played a game called Guilty Gear XX?

It's a 2-d game, but it's detail, and controller response, aswell as the character balance and tiers make it the best fighting game ever crafted.

I played this game i think its prity good the anime art is nice
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having spent 300+ hours playing Soul Calibur 2, this is my most anticipated game of the moment. I'm the only one who will create a lot of Suikoden look-alike characters?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: