Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why Rina is so good... according to SARS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I didn't use Tir because.. I didn't load Suikoden from my memory card. I used Viktor because after I lost Nanami, I needed a character with good stats to fill in, I used Sierra cause she is attractive and cool, Pesmerga, badass with good attacks, Riou because he is the main character, Clive with his badass gun and Luc because, fatest mage beats the best pure mage.
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hakkane wrote:
I agree with SARS about what he says about Rina, but I only use her as a magic user.

Masamune wrote:
Wow, i didnt know that about Rina was so great..........i always used Elie! Big mistake.

I wouldn't say it was a big mistake, Masamune. Eilie is also a great character to have in your party, I always have her in mine.

I used Eilie too, after Nanami died, because i needed another L-range character and she proved to be OK, but i didnt think Rina could be so strong :p
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget, Rina is one of the best characters to use the hunter rune aswell!
Is there anything shes not good at???
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masamune wrote:
Hakkane wrote:
I agree with SARS about what he says about Rina, but I only use her as a magic user.

Masamune wrote:
Wow, i didnt know that about Rina was so great..........i always used Elie! Big mistake.

I wouldn't say it was a big mistake, Masamune. Eilie is also a great character to have in your party, I always have her in mine.

I used Eilie too, after Nanami died, because i needed another L-range character and she proved to be OK, buti didnt think Rina could be so strong :p

I know what you mean !! I was using Elile more often because she had a thing for Riou and i didn't the heart to break them apart!!! :lol: But now i'm going to stick with Rina!!!
Fragola

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maan... I always hated Rina because the first time I played the game I had a stupidly hard time beating Neclord the first time and I remember being so excited cause I thought Flik was going to be in my party and then Rina made him stay and I wanted to kill her. :x

But after this post, I am willing to look past her dastardly sins and give her a chance! I just hope I customize her right... But does one have to wait until almost the end of the game to customize her like this?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, if you just have a Kite Rune and a kindness rune, she can still dish out 4-500 damage. You can get these pretty early in the game.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can someone please tell me how to pump Sheena up to doing major damage?
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you couldn't really use the Kite Rune with all the other runes you mentioned. But I would say that she would still be really powerful if the Warrior Rune was the one you replaced. And I'm sure could kill any random enemy still.

Edit: I didn't see the Sheena comment before while I was typing this the first time, so here goes...

For the runes, give Sheena(or Killey....it works a little better on Killey) a Double-Strike, Warrior, and Violence Runes, and Exertion Rune on the weapon. Give him Master Garb and Power Rings. Wait until the Exertion Rune kicks in fully(5 turns), and get him hit so he's sent into the Violence mode(easiest to do if you enter the battle with reduced hp). Put the enemy to sleep. If he criticals, he should be able to do 42,000+ damage in one hit. Obviously, this isn't something that is going to happen in many battles. It's mostly theoretical. However, something just came to mind. I haven't tested it yet, and may not ever. But it occurred to me that it's possible that a poison or other auto hp reduction could send him into Violence mode if he started the battle with greatly reduced hp. So put Blood Armor on him instead of Master Garb, and only refill his hp to just over a half (or is it a third?) full after each battle. Theoretically, he could enter Violence Fury on the first round, so you would just have to have someone cast Wind of Sleep, and have him start attacking. That would make this method of mega-damage much more plausible for regular gameplay, as you don't have to worry about both putting an enemy to sleep AND having it hit him into Violence Fury, which is tough to do seeing as they kind of contradict each other.
Shiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikoguild wrote:
Masamune wrote:
Hakkane wrote:

Masamune wrote:

I used Eilie too, after Nanami died, because i needed another L-range character and she proved to be OK, buti didnt think Rina could be so strong :p

I know what you mean !! I was using Elile more often because she had a thing for Riou and i didn't the heart to break them apart!!! :lol: But now i'm going to stick with Rina!!!

Bleh. No offense but I never used Eilie because of this reason. (Can't stand the girl. ^^; ) At first after losing Nanami I mostly used Tengaar for L-range attacks and magic support, but I started using Rina more when I just decided to level her up one day and realized she was much better for that role. She's good to have on your team when fighting Luca Blight, but I haven't taken her to fight the Beast Rune yet.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikoguild wrote:
Masamune wrote:
Hakkane wrote:

Masamune wrote:

Me neither, so use both of them! I always use both Eilie and Rina... I like seeing Eilie with Riou, and i didn't want to remove the sisters either. As for Bolgan, who cares... :P Rina's a great character. But Eilie isn't too bad either...
Smirn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just getting back at the entire Sheena/Killey thing.

It's fact that they're the most powerful fighters if customized coorectly. But who of the two actually takes the first price? I guess it might depend on stat growth, seeing that it may differ each play, but I still think that Killey is a bit superior to Sheena because of Sheena's unremovable Star Earrings.

Or does Sheena really get a mass increasing in the defense and attack departments when reaching high levels? I've never bothered beefing Sheena up myself.
Assistant to Milich

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KoRnholio's guide as to how they compare can be found here: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/indepth/clash.php

It's rather hard to decide who's equal since the stats differ from game to game. If you wanted to find who's theoretically better, you could use the range of stats found here: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/statgrowth.php which show that in terms of stats they are equal. Killey's weapon is stronger, so he earns points there. Plus, he has one more accessory that he is able to equip. If I'm not forgetting anything, that should suggest that Killey wins the battle. However, at these huge power levels, the difference is negligible.
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
suikoguild wrote:
Masamune wrote:
Hakkane wrote:

Masamune wrote:

Me neither, so use both of them! I always use both Eilie and Rina... I like seeing Eilie with Riou, and i didn't want to remove the sisters either. As for Bolgan, who cares... :P Rina's a great character. But Eilie isn't too bad either...

Yeah, in the beggining i used both Rina and Eilie :p Since they were sisters ( Bah, i never used Bolgan ) but when i had to choose one of them i tough Eilie was better :p also because she had a thing for Riou, but i really like Rina more, and since now i know Rina is so strong ill use her next time i play Suikoden 2 ^^
2nd Company Coffers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

where is the best place to level up to reach lvl 99?
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can always do the L'Renouille trick in Suikoden 2. But that place is good for leveling anyways.

Suikoden 1....I would say milk Shaz. and such. You can only go there once, and it IS good experience.

Suikoden 3? Not too sure. Didn't really level my guys all that much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: