Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Good anime series...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peeps

Zangetsu

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

there are lots of good anime series out there.. so I will recommend some of that I've already watched..

Getbackers
Detective School Q
Samurai 7
Naruto
Bleach
Hajime no ippo
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal panic TSR - not yet finished
Full Metal Alchemist - but not yet finished it
Trigun..
Gundam Wing

there are lots more that I can think of but i'ts too many :D
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are many good anime series out there but I happen to find a few that was quite enjoyable:

Weiss Kreuz (action/adventure, angst ) - This anime is quite old, considered that it was aired around 1997. What captured my biggest interest were the seiyuus like [i]Takehito Koyasu, Shinichiro Miki, Tomokazu Seki, Ryotaro Okiayu,[/i] etc. After watching this anime, I found their names easily recognizable when I go watch other animes. I usually find at least one seiyuu from 'Weiss Kreuz' when I go watch a new anime series. Not only do I constantly run into their works just by watching one new anime to the next, but they sure did a good job in playing their own roles, especially this one. 'Weiss Kreuz' is about a group of four boys who run a flower shop in the daylight, but are assassins who are hired by the police chief to kill murders and other assassins at night. It's quite angsty, but I think it's worth watching. (around 25 episodes )

Initial D (Adventure, sports, drama ) If you really like car racing, I recommend you watch this one. At first, I wasn't interested in the anime because I didn't take the liking of cars. My brother was crazy about them so this was something that I just bummed off from him during my free time and gave it a try. The illustrations aren't as pretty as other animes out there (like CLAMP works, etc. ) but many people watching this anime aren't going for that either. The first thing that got me hooked was the storyline. Absolutely solid and brilliant that it made me go like this: *___* Second, the cars were drawn quite realistic. Lastly: the moves. Since when can you see a car trick like that in real life?? I'm not sure if there's a dubbed version of 'Initial D' but I highly advise to watch the Japanese version with the English subtitles. (continue on series. )

Fruits Basket (drama, comedy ) - These are one of the animes that got myself questioning, "Hmm., the anime is quite short....but why is the manga so darn long???!" >___< Apparently, 'Fruit Basket' is one of those animes with those incomplete or not satisfying endings and if you want to know what happens after the anime, you have to go read the manga. I personally don't mind since I find the manga much more enjoyable than the anime, but that's up to you. Even though the story is full of laughter, it's quite touching and has a bit of angst. There's some fluff too along the way but if you don't mind all that, then go ahead and check it out. (around 26 episodes )

X/1999 (action/adventure, angst, supernatural ) - CLAMP does wonderful artworks and I enjoy most of what they do. I think they discontinued the manga for this one but the anime is complete. >__> I prefer reading their mangas than watching their animes though but overall, they're both good. I find 'X' as one of the animes with a complex storyline. If I miss one part, regardless how big or small, I'll tend to get easily confused. 'X' revolves around the coming apocalypse and a war which can either lead to saving mankind or destruction. Of course, there's much more to it than that. It's quite dark, not to mention depressing, but CLAMP's work have never failed to intrigue me. (24 episodes )

Death Note (Supernatural, Psychological, mystery, drama ) - I know that 'Death Note' is a manga series but I really can't help it! It must be mentioned! >__< Tsugumi Ooba, the person who wrote the story, is absolutely brilliant! I find the story very supernatural, yet very realistic in a sense. There's so many dark twist that really keeps the reader interest going. 'Death Note' is about a young teenager who founded a notebook which can be used as a killing device. Whoever's name is written in that notebook will die in 40 seconds. The story goes way more in depth and in the beginning, I was quite intrigue how the main character used the book to create "justice". I'm up to volume 7 right now and I can't help but to cry that my most favourite character died. =___= That didn't stop me from continuing to read the manga though. Oh, and if you watched
Hikari No Go, I recommend you read this manga because it's the same artist. ^___^ ( ongoing )

Gundam Seed (action/adventure ) - Actually I'm not going to write much on this because I haven't watched it yet. I only watched a couple of the English dubbed. *shame* -___- I heard that it's really good but I wanna ask the people who already have watched it whether or not it's worth giving a shot.

There's many more I can review but I feel like stopping here. <___<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am now a naruto fan. i downloaded season 1-4 this past month and i am now hooked onto this series. i have watched episodes 1-87 so far in the past 3 weeks. i will probably start downloading season 5 after i finish watching the rest of the prince of tennis series(i'm on ep. 115 in this series).

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New anime that I've been meaning to watch:

Angel Sanctuary

Burst Angel

Get Backers

Appleseed

Vandread

Street Fighter II

that be it for now.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, another one gripped by the Naruto craze. I'm almost caught up to the current episodes, now ready to watch ep. 137. I'm also finished Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and am DLing Uninhabited Planet Survive (or Mujin Wakusei Survive in Japanese) along with Naruto. Now I'm just trying to find something else to DL after that. :?

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally finished watching the Berserk series, and wow. I would definitely rank it as one of the best animes ever made. Unfortunately it seems to end after telling only half the story, but I hear the manga is in full swing and has been continuing on and on(it still hasn't ended, and it started years ago). The story is basically about a badass swordsman named Guts, and his journeys(almost the whole anime is a flashback) which eventually lead him on a quest of revenge. The setting is the medieval ages, and it is truly an excellent anime and I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes a lot of action, as well as deep, interesting characters.

Berserk - 8.0/10.0, would have been perfect if the anime continued... :roll:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just watched the dragon half anime and i say it is funny as all get out
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got some new ones :

Vampire Hunter D (old one) / action
Hunter X Hunter / humor
Read Or Die / humor-action
Akira / action
Ghost in the Shell / action
Fuli Culi / confusing but really funny
You're under arrest (the movie) / humor -> don't buy it ppl, it's no good
Venus Wars / humor
Final Fantasy Unlimited / humor-action -> didn't like it, ugly 3D
The Cat Returns / humor
Fist of the North Star (the serie) / action

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: ... gonna get carried away again... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.... Straight to da point...

GunGrave
- my absolute favourite anime, it's got in my opinion everything an anime needs, the graphics, the sounds, the story, the animations... everything that I wanted in an anime was here and now I worship this anime...if anyone wants a copy holla at me and you'll get the complete DVD for free lmao... ok that's goin over the top...
Bleach — a great action filled anime wih a good plot art and characters... everything here is above average and it also has comedy thrown in it...
Naruto — funny, serious, ninjas... a good anime with an extremely huge amount of fan... everything here is also above average though it can get boring at times...
Berserk — serious action, lots of blood and gore... a great anime... focused on the manga but even though it's a bit off and weak compared to its manga its still great...
Full metal Alchemist — great action comedy anime...
Excel Saga — in your face comedy, the last episode can be extremely funny but has strong ecchi contents in it compared to the other episodes... very very funny...
Trigun- a good gun fight and comedy anime with... a not bad storyline 
GTO a.k.a Great Teacher Onizuka — funny... very funny about a ex mafia leader wanting to become a teacher... things get out of hand and chaotic ... a great anime...
Samurai Champloo- a hip hop anime with humour style and action...
Samurai 7- another great samurai series...
Chrno crusade- a great anime containing demons, nuns with guns
Green Green — very ecchi anime with lots of humour, great character development and a good story. Keep in mind the extra episode /original video animation is a hentai episode if ya wanna know what happens after the series ends...
Ranma- spread over 7 seasons 12 ovas and 2 movies, the series is one long funny,action packed ride in the anime...
Wolfs rain — tiny bits of humour found around the anime, action filled and a deep plot that is also rather depressing...
.hack//sign — this series is good but can get boring ... has a lot of fans action filled good music...
hellsing- I shouldn't need ta tell anyone what this is about...
dragon drive — some humour, action etc etc... think... pokemon with dragons and less kiddy and les clich...
fruits basket — a funny romantic series....very funny... boys that turn into animals of the zodiac when hugged by gals...lol
love hina — romantic soft comedy... pretty good
azumanga daioh — comedy... lots of it lol...
dirty pair flash — comedy action etc etc ...ya know...
tenjou tenge- martial arts... comedy, and super powers like... good in some parts but overall an average anime series...
Read or Die- action packed and funny....
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ive whated to many good anime to list or remember :lol:
but dose any one like neon genisis evangalion, demon eyes kyo, or has any one seen any of the ninja cadets episodes?

and i wonder if they will bring a english version of negima over to the states?
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven wrote:
ive whated to many good anime to list or remember :*laugh*:
but dose any one like neon genisis evangalion, demon eyes kyo, or has any one seen any of the ninja cadets episodes?

and i wonder if they will bring a english version of negima over to the states?

of those that you have mentioned i only know of neon genesis evangelian... a great anime, I have the series and the death and rebirth movie... i will soon get the other movie known as 'the death of evangelian'... can't wait for it....

more recommended series :twisted:

fist of the north star - bloody action full of violence and gore... also a popular anime and soon a mmprpg game for the personal computer is to be released...

hunter x hunter tv series and greed island original video animation - think... on the lines of Naruto but without ninja... just powers and such... mix it with .hack//sign where you're in a computer game, mix a bit of pokemon lol where you try ta collect all one hundred and something cards ta finish this game known as greed island... rather interesting anime filled with action comedy a plot and some nice concepts and artwork...

rurouni kenshin - a great and well known samurai anime. if you like this anime also check out the movies it has which are rated to be top animes movies of all time at the moment...

school rumble - a funny and action filled anime... for those that like tenjou tenge this is roughly five times better lol...

the twelve kingdoms - another action and super powers anime... nice artwork and very... traditional in some ways... a good and interesting anime to watch...

The Chaos Order

120743 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well in my case I would say that the next ones are the best for me :

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: Good plot, good Music, good draws, a lot of funnysituation, what else we can ask ? (ok I know that many of you are thinking in fanservice).

RUROUNI KENSHIN: Excellent Samurai action anime I love this one and the plot is just perfect.

PARANOIA AGENT:
A little wierd but very interesting and catchy specialy the first 5 episodes

ELFEN LIED: A very gore anime but very strong in story and music talking

SLAYERS: This one is funny with a lot of action but its more funny sided^^

TSUBASA CHRONICLES: The typical Action-romance anime that you can't lost its track excellent music and Draws

RANNMA 1/2: The first anime I ever watch Ims till in love of Shampoo :p, funny very funny and with some action and fan service.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

List of Recommended:

Mobile Suit Gundam Z
.Hack Sign
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Galaxy Angel
Captain Tsubasa
Meitantei Conan/Case Closed in english
Samurai 7
Voltus V
GTO
Gensomaden Saiyuki
Rorouni Kenshin/Samurai X
Dragon Ball
Fushigi Yuugi
Not sure how to spell it, but... Bobobo-Bobo-Bobobo

[/endlist]
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey Axis, how can you watch Bobobo-Bobo-Bobobo. when i tried to watch it, i started to feel my brain cells start to die and me geting a little dummer. i mean that anime drives insane. almost as much as the teletubies (my 2 year old newphew watches it). as for anime series, i would have to go with S-Cryed (i think that is how you spell the name). at first it was easy going and towards the end it gets really deep. other than that, all the other anime series and movies i like i have already seen posted like naruto, one piece, ruroni kenshin, cowboy bebop, trigun, and a lot more. also i have a question, and i didnt see it answered, could some one put a good appleseed review up please. if i just missed it direct me in the right direction and i will edit my post. thanks in advance. :)

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most of the anime I watch are serious anime with extremely deep plots. You won't get much comedy from me, but it is comedy it'll be quality and not dumb fanservice type of shows.

Monster
Full Metal Alchemist
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu (Hare + Guu over here in the States)
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayel ova (aka Samurai X: Trust and Betrayel over here) aka best anime ever
Sakigake!! Cromartie High
RahXephon
Gankutsuou: Count of the Monte Cristo
FLCL

Just to name a few.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: