Suikoden Utopian and Informational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Makai Kingdom
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Makai Kingdom Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone played this new NIS S-RPG yet? This is the topic to discuss it. I have a few questions: What character did you use as a leader? Did you like the Random Dungeon system? How do you like the story so far? Also discuss anything you want, NIS or Makai Kingdom related. If anyone needs some help with strategy, this is the topic to bring it to.

Leader
Name: Akuma
Class: Male Infantry
Level: 10

Discuss!

zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I"M PLAYING IT!!

leader
Name: zeal (yeah i'm original)
Class: Warrior
Level: 30 something

love this game.i like how you have to kill your players to get better buildings. i haven't done any random dungeons yet.

i love the story. it's funny as hell. zetta is one of the funniest characters.

is anyone near the end??
is anyone going to get the special characters/planning on it??

when i bought the game the person working there gave me the art book and offical guide for free. it made my day.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zeal wrote:
I"M PLAYING IT!!

leader
Name: zeal (yeah i'm original)
Class: Warrior
Level: 30 something

love this game.i like how you have to kill your players to get better buildings. i haven't done any random dungeons yet.

i love the story. it's funny as hell. zetta is one of the funniest characters.

is anyone near the end??

when i bought the game the person working there gave me the art book and offical guide for free. it made my day.

You got the official guide for free? :shock: Mine hasn't even come in yet. About killing your guys to get buildigns, first of all, why would you like that? Second of all, when can you get building and how does it work? Right now I'm on Episode 3, and when I go to 'Make a wish' the only option is the create a dungeon. I personally think this is the wrost NIS Game so far, atleast story/character wise. I find Zetta annoying, and dislike the other Overlords. The only one I've actually found interesting so far is Pram. The story seems very weak so far, as the only thing that's happened is different Overlords make different dungeons for Zetta, not much.

P.S. They should have used Etna (From Disgaea)'s voice for Pram, it would have been awesome.

Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leader
Name: Tiny(was originally Tinny, but that was a typo)
Class: Pickpocket(I think)
Level: I've been messing around with the debug menu, so that doesn't count.

I started with a thief because I wasn't sure how the game would handle the leader, so I wanted a thief in case the leader was required in every battle so I could always steal stuff.

I haven't really done too much with the random dungeons yet, so I can't comment on them. The story is one of the weaker ones so far in a NIS game. I am enjoying the game, but it isn't because of the story.

I personally don't care for the fact that your characters die in order for you to make a building. However that is the only way to kill someone off who wasn't made with a rare item, so I suppose it is neccesary.

Quote:

is anyone near the end??

I'm currently in chapter 8 which I believe is the second to last chapter. I have gotten the prinny, King Drake, the cameo from Phantom Brave(forgot her name), Laharl, Etna, and Flonne. I haven't used them too much though. I plan to get all of the secret characters eventually, although I can just imagine how strong I'll have to be to get Zetta's body back(you have to fight him at Level 2000). At the moment I'm working on getting Salome, and I'm hoping I can unlock the Babylon and Valvogia fights once I have Salome.

Quote:

Second of all, when can you get building and how does it work? Right now I'm on Episode 3, and when I go to 'Make a wish' the only option is the create a dungeon.

Who are you making your wish with? I'm betting you are making it with your leader who you cannot kill. If you make a wish with anyone besides your leader, you should always have three options(a fourth if they were made with a rare item). These options are to make that char leader, make a dungeon, make a facility, and if they were made by a rare item star reincarnate. I hope this helps.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you choose what building you get when you sacrifice a character? Doers it amtter what level the sacrificed character is? (Why wouldn't I just make a new charaatcer to sacrifice instead of using my own). Also, how do you get the special characters? If it's a spoiler, just black it out.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whenever you sacrifice a character for a building you have the option of a warehouse, acadamy, hut, raider hut, and outpost tent(at least I think al of them have options). Some classes such as healer and merchent have a sixth option. The level of the sacrificed character is the level of the building meaning that it will last longer when summoned into battle. As for why you wouldn't just create a new character for the building, there is the level thing and also it takes mana to create a building which a new character will likely not have. Also it is one of the only two ways to "permentalty" kill off a character. This is very important because you have to kill them before you can transmigrate(or as this game calls it reincarnate) into another class. The other way is if they were made using an item that has stars on it(or I believe were ever made using such an item in the past) you have an additional wish called star reincarnate which kills them.

You get the secret characters by making wishes. These wishes require for you to be a certain level and can cost a lot of mana. I believe you can get Prinnies during chapter 1(although you have to have a level 100 wishmaker). King Drake can be gotten during the chapter in which he tries to write in Zetta at the begining. Salome can be gotten once you have met her. I forgot when you can get the wish for Catile. To get Laharl, Etna, and Flonne you have to make three wishes in order to get all three of them at once. Once you make the wish(except for prinnies) you go the Makai Gate and you can now go to event dungeons where you have to beat your strong opponents and a few minions they bring along.

Out of curiosity has anyone gotten any good vehicles yet? At the moment I have the Gear Metal LEX, Driller G, Dark Runner Z2, and two WarCry01s.

zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah i think that the story is very funny. but i'll admit that it is pretty weak compared to all the others. but it is good compared to other games. i try and take them for what they are without comparing them to others. that's why i enjoyed suikoden 4 YES I SAID IT I ENJOYED SUIKODEN 4.
but anyways i do like the battle system and in my opinion they've fixed all problems from Phantom Brave. like how you can move after you attack.

yes and i like when you have to kill your people cause you get a building AND get to reincarnate them to higher stats.
i don't think that the stars kill them? if that's what you're saying. they give you additional points when choosing stats. and additional options when making wishes.

i'm going to play through once then get all the extras on the second time around. but the book suggest you should play through 5 times before you can get all of the extras or so that's what the guide tells me......yes i looked at the spoiler section.

and no i haven't really been doing anything with vehicles.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really haven't found this game as funny as I found Disgaea. I don't know if it is that my sense of humor has just changed or if it just isn't as funny. However I am enjoying it regardless.

I don't get why you guys enjoy killing your characters for buildings. It does increase your character's power, but I just always hate killing them.

What I was saying was that if you make a character with a star item you get another option when making a wish that is called star reincarnate. If you make that wish then the character is killed as if you had made a building. The advantage to this is that it is a lot cheaper mana wise I beleive.

I tried to get Salome yesterday, but after I beat her I got a bad ending. It allowed me to go to New Game+, but I really did not want to go through the entire game again so I decided to skip her for now. The only bonus I have gotten since I lasted posted in here is the Super Robo Suit. I got the wish to fight Valvogia, but he was too strong for me at the moment, so in the meantime I am going to work on getting Alex, Pram, and Salome.

Oh I got some more vehicles, but I haven't bothered to mess around with them yet.

Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know if you can get Laharl, Flonne, Etna, Marona, and Castile in your first play through? Those (excluding Pram) are the only characters I care about getting.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that you can, but if you overuse them you will get the worst ending possible. (so I'm told)

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Technically you can get Laharl, Etna, Flonne, and Castile in your first playthrough. However you have to be extremely high level in order to get them because the battles to get them are more difficult then the final battle of the game. As far as I know you cannot get Marona.

The only way that using secret characters can get you a bad ending(from what I read) is if you use Laharl as the leader when you fight Zetta's body. However I just personally avoid using him as my leader to be on the safe side.

Oh I just thought of something, I got the artbook with my order and there is something that I have never seen in the game. On page 20 there is an entry for a species called the ruskas who seem like they should be this game's prinny/putty, but I haven't seen one at all in the game. Has anyone seen them in game?

Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About what level should you be before fighting them, in the thousands or hundreds?
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm I really can't remember what level they were at when I fought them. My best guess from what I can remember is that the fight against Flonne has an average level around 400. I think Etna was around 500. Then I can't remember the levels in the match against all three of them. I can't remember the fight against Marona except that it is easier because it is just her in a vehicle and you have three allies. I'm sorry that I can only give you vague info on this.

rserocki

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played it. I bought a copy and was given an art book -- the art book, strategy guide, and games were all in the same shipment box at the store, which was opened after I arrived. I like it okay and I like the use of vehicles and the full-screen illustrations that're occasional, although as I think most people familiar with this game and Disgaea would agree, Disgaea seems more 'classic'. Although, I've read Makai Kingdom's production was rushed because another game the company was working on was cancelled. This game doesn't make me want to keep on going through random dungeons so much as Disgaea did. I've fought three secret characters and have one of them on my team so far in the second play-through.

I named my 'Red Idol' monster 'Habanero-tan' because the monster reminded me of that character.

Speaking of Idols, if you have that monster summoned to your base, you can use it to change the colors of any vehicle of yours that is also in your base. Just talk with her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I plan on getting it. I was a big fan of DIsgaea and Phantom Brave so I'm expecting a lot from this game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: