Suikoden United and Informational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Escape from the Crimson Room
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Escape from the Crimson Room Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suffered through it, and escaped, so now I challenge you all to do the same thing! See if you can escape from the Crimson Room.

This is a shareware online puzzle. The game asks for donations when you finish, but you can ignore that, of course. On the other hand, a 200 yen donation really isn't all that much, if you've got money [which, well, I don't >.<]. And if you enjoy it, there's the sequel the Viridian Room. Which, sadly, I couldn't beat on my own; I needed hints. If you beat both, click on the Home link from one of those, there're a few more games I haven't tried out yet, don't know if they're actual sequels or what.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw that game on Cavern's of hope's fourm. I got half way thorugh and then coulnd't find the other key, I and just couldn't find the other key. it wasn't very fun after a bit of frustration.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've cleared this before. This time, though, the numbers from the URL didn't work, so even though I knew how to escape I couldn't due to faulty programming.

It's a pretty straightforward deal though. Only difficulty comes from not knowing where to click, not from any confusion about what you're supposed to do.

Now Not Pron, that is a hardcore riddle game.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik wrote:
I've cleared this before. This time, though, the numbers from the URL didn't work, so even though I knew how to escape I couldn't due to faulty programming.

It's a pretty straightforward deal though. Only difficulty comes from not knowing where to click, not from any confusion about what you're supposed to do.

Now Not Pron, that is a hardcore riddle game.

I think I am having a similar problem. The first computer I tried this on had no sound and gave me one set of numbers and the second one that had sound gave me a different set. I noticed that both sets added up at 18 though. Which might have to do with something.

Having the problem with the clicking too, I have checked everything I have been able to click and am still four items short.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of the "puzzle" is about trying to click really specific and tiny little areas to get to "hidden" areas, including a place at the foot of the bed, behind the bed, and between the mattress and the headboard. This game is crazy hyped, but not all that clever.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've done the crimson room before for sure, not certain if I did the viridian one, I think I did. Krawnik's right the Not Pron one is so ridiculously hardcore for riddling it gets to the point of needing to decipher morse code and speeding up and slowing down the wave sounds in the background, all I can say is that even using a guide (of hints, not solutions) on the internet I found the game stayed super-tough, I eventually stopped when I was being required to download more things than I particularly wanted to and stopped being arsed to look through the code to find information on the puzzles too.

I was getting annoyed with the crimson one when I replayed that today because I knew what to do but I couldn't find the right spot to click on to get to the item I needed, infuriating to say the least.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can you not afford 200 Yen!? It's only going to be worth between $1-$5!

I'm going to download that game right now and give it a shot.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found everything but the #s

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay I give up, how do you get out. I have found 3 keys, a cd case, power cord, the box, a cassette, a ring, and a memo with a url, a metal stick,and a battary. I feel I have clicked everywhere, and can't find anything else.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh, spoilers? I guess. If you want to figure it out for yourself, don't read this stuff.

Put the two rings and the metal stick onto the box in the appropriate slots, open the box, and insert the cassette. Watch the projection and click where the dancing guy points once the video's over. To unlock the safe you need to input the number you learned in the URL, but most people, myself included, are finding that the numbers no longer work.

Ideally, the safe opens and you find a screwdriver, which you use to jimmy the lock and walk out the broken door.

If I remember correctly, that is. Might be one or two fairly obvious steps I've forgotten.

RIP Ninjalicious
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished it cool, smart, but easy if you have played a lot of adventure games before.

I'm going to try the other room later I'm currently debating whether I should donate some money or not, 200 yen in particular don't sound many and the guy deserves at least that much, oh what the heck I will give him 400 what about this for a comment:

"Good job, very intelligent stuff but a bit easy, still you should consider leaving flash games and working for a video game company though there is not much of market for that sort of games these days.

I donated 400 yen to you though you seem talented and you're worthy for more, I'm looking forward to more of your games".

I hope that motivates him to do some more.

And don't bother looking for my real name (someone else's card) since I inputted a fake one, evil I know but that is the way I am.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've escaped the Crimson Room before, I'm gonna try it again to see if I can remember. Right now I'm trying NotPron, which is extremely hard, I'm up to level 10 (I got a bit of help on 6-8). So hard >.<

EDIT: I got the end of the Crimson Room pretty easily, but the code I got from the url didn't work so...

Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I got the "Mystery" box open, and got it started it up, but could figure out the next step. I tried Not Pron, and that was almost impossible. I could only get to level 4, it asked for a password. I kinda gave up after that.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God, not pron's pretty tiring. I gave up at about 16, I think.

As for the Crimson Room, I've done this bunch of times when I was in high school. Nothing difficult, if you know what to do (no, not Googling for solutions, you rat!). Same with Viridian Room. There's still no new "<insert adjective here> Room", huh? I've been waiting for a new one for the longest time now.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beat both Crimson and Veridian a while back. Veridian was MUCH tougher. Getting all the peices of paper and the stuff around the room was a pain in the arse.

I haven't tried not pr0n. I'm far too tired to attempt it now. It's 7 AM and I've been up for too long. When I wake up and if I feel like melting my head, I'll attempt it.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: