Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Manga Artist(s)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Best Manga Artist(s) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a topic inspired by zeal's Favourite Artist topic in the Community Board. Very similiar but more focused on manga.

1. Who is your favourite Manga Artist(s)?
2. What is some of his/her/their works? What is your favourite(s)?
3. Favourite characters from their series
4. Give an illustration from your favourite series or two.

Mine:

1. CLAMP and Miki Aihara

2. Miki Aihara: Tokyo Boys and Girls, Hot Gimmick. I really like Hot Gimmick, but I dislike Tokyo Boys and Girls.

CLAMP: Legal Drug, Cardcaptor: Sakura, Chobits, Magic Knight Rayearth, Tsubasa Chronicles, xxxholic, Suki, Wish. To many to mention. I like a lot of CLAMP's work, but my favourties would be: Cardcaptor: Sakura, Chobits, Legal Drug, and X/1999.

3. Chii from Chobits, Sakura from Cardcaptor: Sakura and Tusbasa Chronicles, and Hatsumi from Hot Gimmick

This is Hatsumi from Hot Gimmick

This Kero (left) and Sakura (right) from Cardcaptor: Sakura

This is Chii from Chobits

Now post about your favourite manga artist(s)!

Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Who is your favourite Manga Artist(s)? What is some of his/her/their works? What is your favourite(s)?

* = my favorites that I've seen/read

- Mayumi Azuma (Star Ocean II manga*)
- Tanemura Arina (Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne*, Ion, Full Moon wa Sagashite)
- Nanase Aoi (Angel/Dust, Samurai Spirits doujinshi)
- CLAMP (Rayearth*, Card Captor Sakura, etc)
- Tsukasa Kotobuki (Toshinden*, Virus Buster Serge, Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer anime, various fighting game illustrations)

Quote:
Favourite characters from their series

KKJ: Jeanne/Maron, Chiaki/Sinbad, Miyako, Fin Fish, Access Time
SO2: Opera
Samurai Spirits: Nakoruru, Shiki
Rayearth: Fuu
Toshinden: ELLIS. Everyone knows that about me. :D

Quote:
Give an illustration from your favourite series or two.

http://www.geocities.com/benit149/mangaka.html

I compiled some of my fave illustrations here. As you can see, I'm a sucker for shoujo artists, and although Kotobuki has a sharp, raunchy style, he is a mangaka god.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question, how did you read the Star Ocean 2 manga? Can you read japanese and imported it, or did you read scanlations or something? I'd really like the read the Star Ocean 2 manga, but don't know japanese (Or maybe I'm oblivious and it's actually out in english >_O)
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Satoshi Urushihara.
2. He did the character designs for Growlanser.
3. Every character he drew, was drawn beautifully.
4. Here are a few.

Growlanser 1

Growlanser 2

Growlanser 3
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys, link to images, don't post them.

*Goes to edit posts*

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I have a question, how did you read the Star Ocean 2 manga? Can you read japanese and imported it, or did you read scanlations or something? I'd really like the read the Star Ocean 2 manga, but don't know japanese (Or maybe I'm oblivious and it's actually out in english >_O)

I ordered the manga from Sasuga in 2001, meaning there was no English translation... and I don't think there is today, I may be wrong.

Anyway, I can't read the manga. However, I began playing the game around that time and loved it so much b/c it helped me through some hard times. Thus when I saw the manga illustrations, I couldn't resist. That's precisely why I bought it: the game allowed me to understand what was going on already. So to answer your question, I can't read it, but I look at it here and there.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eh, I like Ayami kojima (the woman that did all the are for the recent Castlevanias)

you can see her work here

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit149 wrote:
Quote:

I ordered the manga from Sasuga in 2001, meaning there was no English translation... and I don't think there is today, I may be wrong.

Anyway, I can't read the manga. However, I began playing the game around that time and loved it so much b/c it helped me through some hard times. Thus when I saw the manga illustrations, I couldn't resist. That's precisely why I bought it: the game allowed me to understand what was going on already. So to answer your question, I can't read it, but I look at it here and there.

I agree, the illustrations are great, if you find any other sites with some good artwork from the SO2 Manga please give me a link :D

Sorry about that Ced the Lad, I'll remember to do that in the future.

Last edited by Keriaku on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best link I can provide you is this one.

http://ironmouse.za.org.nyud.net:8090/dragon/index.html?nf

The CG Shrines is a massive collection of females from various games and anime that the webmaster selected. Look up the Star Ocean II ladies and there'll definitely be some of Mayumi Azuma's stuff. I also found this link which may be more useful.

http://kuruta.net/enchant/

Pure Star Ocean galleries, including Azuma's works from her Treasure artbooks.

VINCENT05

Harmonian Death Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-Kang-Woo Lee
-Rebirth
-Deshwitat
4. Give an illustration from your favourite series or two
-This is Woo's first project and I heard rumors that they were making an anime series.

Nameless_one

Leader of the dead...

6994 Potch
248 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
Who is my favorite Manga Artist you ask?
That's easy...Akira Toryama is my favorite manga artist...his series are good...they are long and his characters are so cool....and the best of him...this incredible fights...then there is Hayao Miyazaki...he is a cool artist too...
there is not as much fighting as in Akira's works but his works can leave you impressed...and my third favorite manga artist is Masashi Kishimoto....
His ninja works...and fightning style he puts in his manga make them legendary...
He has a great battle style in his manga, deep characters and looooong series...
----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
Akira's arts are Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT and Arale...
In his dragonball series there is much fightning....and saving the world...
Dragonball series are long and there is many of them...but Arale is something else.
There is fightning to...but Arale's battles are funny and make you laugh until you piss in your pants...Arale is cool and funny and nobody who watched it will say it sucks...The arts from Hayao Miyazaki are good..Kaze no Tani no Nausica is one of the best for me...it has action, romance and theit characters have a past and there are many adventures...and my 3rd favorite artist, Masashi Kishimoto, is the author of Naruto...Naruto has many characters, funny stories, actions and of course...it has many, many battles...I don't like Naruto as much as Dragonball because I don't watch it...but I swear it's worth watching it...
From Dragonball my favorite characters are Goku..he is strong and it's the ,ain character of Dragonball...he dies many times but he is alwas brought back by the dragon spheres...Chi-Chi, Goku's wife...is cool when she is angy and she is a great fucke in the hentai version of Dragonball...and the Dragon...the immortal dragon who will make yor wish come true...men...he is a legend...
From Kaze no Tani no Nautica is the mysterious warrior and from Naruto...is Naruto
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Who is your favourite Manga Artist(s)? my favorite manga-ka is takeshi konomi.

2. What is some of his/her/their works? What is your favourite(s)? the only work of his that i know is prince of tennis which happens to be my favorite manga. i beleive prince of tennis was actually his first manga and he hasn't created any others yet.

3. Favourite characters from their series. my favorite prince of tennis characters are ryoma, momshiro and tezuka.

4. Give an illustration from your favourite series or two. below is a link to a picture of the main character, Ryoma Echizen.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/apathy2004jp/018.jpg

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

clamp is the best i think xxxholic tubasa and chobits rox
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... hard. It's between Clamp... Eichiro Oda... Hiro Mashima... or Masashi Kishimoto.... but i choose Tokita Kouichi.

He's the guy who from my opinion draws gundam the best. He made the wing gundam mangas, the char's counterattack manga, gundam wing side story g-unit(last outpost in the english translation if im not mistaken), and the gundam seed astray manga. My favorites are the char's counteraatack and the astray manga. I'm pretty sure he also made the seed destiny astray manga. He also made the 4 panels for the last few pages of the manga, like the "Go, Domon"(if i'm not mistaken) and "Don't Give Up, Kisato!". The interesting part about his astray manga is, that after the strike was destroyed by the aegis gundam, he was the one who rescued Kira after both Strike and Aegis was destroyed!

Lowe Guille(Or gear, if i'm not mistaken) from the astray manga, and of course Char Aznable, what's his name? Bright Noa? And Amuro Ray

From Gundam Seed Astray. Seems like Athrun, Yzak, Dearka, and Nicol have almost been busted by Liam . :P
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's see:

Hiromu Arakawa, Clamp, Daisuke Moriyama, Takeshi Obata.

Arakawa: The infamous FMA, of course! :D

Clamp: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxHolic, Legal Drug. Favourite
would be xxxHolic and Tsubasa at the moment, though.

Daisuke Moriyama: Chrno Crusade. The manga is definitely better than the anime. Many, many times.

Takeshi Obata: Death Note. I'm not sure what other things he has drawn, but his art is really fascinating, despite the fact that the storyline is...depressing, at best.

Tsubasa: Fye D. Flowright. And Mokona too, but er- Mokona isn't really a human.

Chrno Crusade: Aion. Yes, I admit that I'm one of those fangirls who swoon at the sight of a guy with silver hair. Or maybe it's just his 'misunderstood' personality.

FMA: *coughRoyMustangcough*

Death Note: Raito, as I admire his intellect. And L, in a grudging sort of way because it's difficult not to admire his ability to keep up with Raito's devious plans.

I don't suppose Kurogane in my avatar would do...? Ah, very well.

A picture of the Tsubasa group- Sakura, Syaoran, Kurogane and Fye.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: