Suikoden United and Irrational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The animal topic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: The animal topic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we all have favorite creatures, this is the place where we can talk bout our beloved sea dragons, fossas, lemurs, water bears and what not.

say what they are and share a bit of info, try not to just copypaste stuff, I know its hard. Just try to type out all that comes to your mind, fun facts on Lobsters, and what not.

the only rule is they need to be real-real, don't tell me the differnace between eastren and westren dragons, even if they live in our hearts and culture. Talk about how a Chimp isn't a monkey.

so what is your favroite little critter? what do you find most intresting about them? I collect useless info about animals from the web or animal planet and articals. Like Just recently they discoverd a special kind of tissue fiber that was fossilized in a T-rex bone. This substance is only found in the bones of modren birds, like ones that are emus. AND only in females that are laying eggs.

how is that? wow, the dinosaur-is-bird argument is being filled with more and more findings to show how much like chicken they truly are. Kentucky friend velociraptor anyone?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That hasn't been an argument for years. It's considered fact within the scientific community that birds are indeed the evolved forms of dinosaurs.

I don't have a favourite animal really, or at least not one that still exists that I can honestly say I have an interest in. Possibly chimps, it's really interesting how chimps are far stronger than humans. The world record deadlift for humans is less than 1000 pounds, and the deadlift is with both legs and both arms, while a chimp can pull 1260 pounds with one arm, with much less effort than the human world-record holder used.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite animals are cats. I love the little furry guys, something about them. Now, so many dog people get up in arms over cats, but I don't see why... I, for one, appreciate their curiousity, intelligence, playfulness, and their independence. Dogs get so dependent on you, and constantly beg for attention. Cats rarely do that.

Anyway, I just think they're awesome. Most dogs strike me as loud, annoying, overbearing, and stupid... Well, most of them. Some dogs are VERY smart, and I know that.

So, basically, I love cats. I'm a cat dude. Don't forget, cats know to crap in the litterbox... You don't have to train them. Dogs don't... And it's even MORE difficult to train a dog to crap in one spot of the lawn, so odds are... You'll be dodging "landmines" in your back yard on account of the dog... Just NOT something I'd want to deal with when cutting the grass. :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As fae as pets go I'm a cat person. But when it comes to animals out in the world Ducks and Squrrils make me feel warm and fuzzy cause there cute.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite animals are mollusks. Octopi freaking rock. Squids aren't so bad, but nothing compared to my eight-armed friends. Everytime I see some marine biology documentary on some animal or science channel I mentally squee and hope they show octopi or mollusks.

Octopi don't have tentacles. They have arms. People always say "tentacle" instead of "arm" when referring to octopi. That always annoys me.

^Actual quote!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh don't forget the're pretty smart to, My mom won't eat octopi because of that. They can solve small problems and can really use their arms like...bone less fingers. They can regenerate them too, and....the blue ringed octopus is small and venomus, but thankfully immune to its own, that wouldn't be the best day under the sea, fight with your own kind and get invenomated and die. Kids die a lot because the're pretty.

OH....I like them too, they can change colors and "texture" swiftly, one momment its a rock, the second it goes back to classic orange/pink/red.
but I do feel bad when I eat one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Most dogs strike me as loud, annoying, overbearing, and stupid... Well, most of them. Some dogs are VERY smart, and I know that.

I told someone basically the same thing about people yesterday. But I digress.

I do not care for animals much really. Not to say I dislike them, but to me, they're just there. Y'know, they just exist. I prefer the typical pets (cats, dogs, fish, etc) over wild animals, but I can't say I have a favorite. Although, the ducks at our campus duck pond can be quite entertaining.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have a favorite animal really but I have A LOT of cats and one dog that doesn't mean that I prefer them though.

I like those white tigers and hawks for some reason, I guess I find those tigers exotic, I also like the now extinct Tasmanian Tiger that I hope to genetically bring back to some point along with other species including Dinosaurs, if I don't then I'm sure the scientific community will at some point at least I'm hoping.

I like life and I respect it, I treat animals almost like humans because as part of the most advanced species in the planet I feel responsible for them and their environment, I don't even step on bugs normally I warn them (yes I know they don't understand but I do so anyway) to stay away from me but if they don't I might just try to throw them away and maybe eventually take their life's no matter how foreboding that seems to me, I just wouldn't like anyone to invade my space.

I like sea animals as well and I try to eat as less flesh as I can and I can do horrible things to people that mistreat and torture animals because that is plain wrong stupid and puts my species to shame.

When I finally move to England I will only take two of my cats with me and not my favorites either I always want to be with an animal whatever that may be is just I want to feel that in my duration in this world I made some people or in this case animals a little tiny bit happy that give a reason for my existence you know.

So animals are the original inhabitants of this world before we even came to be I would like and wish for the world to treat them different and stupid things like hunting and mass slaughter to stop, but all in good time, all in good time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: