Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

some kind of slowness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: some kind of slowness Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm having problems posting, I type and hit send, but it takes forever to "send my message" yet my post does make it though, others read it, but while the're reading my post, I am waiting for the "potch message" to show up.

so whats going on? I mean, why is it slow on my end? and how do I know what I got? or that I did send, this will create doubble posting and I don't like that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sometimes the server gets slow. Nothing I can do about.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeh its just odd, "hey i posted, but its not posting" and then i'm told it sent.
its just this could create angry "dubble posting". you hit send and send and send and hit it again, its not a good thing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is why I always hit the "preview" button if I get a timeout while posting. Chances are, it has gone through and you just don't know about it but it will appear in the preview box if it did.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so you hit preview... and then you have to hit post. What if you don't know if it worked after you hit preview, it previewed, and then you hit post? If it times out then, aren't you back at square one again?
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A simple way to get around all of this. Copy what you write, if it appears to be taking too long go back to the thread and see if the message is posted. If not, VOILA, we have our copied work.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh yeah or If I'm using a chat probram with somone, they can tell me if I posted. which that did happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: