Suikoden Unique and Informational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Trinity Sight System

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Trinity Sight System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*****Possible Spoilers****

I wanted to start a pros and cons thread about the trinity sight system, just to see what other poeple around here thought about it.

As for me, I mostly liked it, but there are a few things I could've lived without.

Pros - That there is more than one main character to play as, because playing as the same hero throughout a whole game can get a bit boring.

- The heroes have real opinions and emotions, instead of a hero that rarely has anything to say. For me McDohl was always a kid who never wanted to respond to anything or had something stupid to say, and it made me wonder why anybody wanted him as their hero.

- It allows you to replay the chapters in a different order each time, and since the hero's stories interact with each other it(recuiting, paintings left in castle..etc.) can lead to some varied and interesting gameplay.

- Multiple viewpoints allow for a more complete overview of what everybody's motives are in the story.

- Bonus gameplay: Like playing as Koroku, Thomas, and Luc.

Cons - Having to watch the same scenes over again in other peoples chapters can get a bit repetitive.

- Not being able to share money and items between main characters.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pros:
-------
- Both sides of a particular conflict. Like the Karaya incident and the defense of Chisha. When the apparitions come to fight the Lizard clan and you see why the peace talks didn't work. I felt chapter 1 for all three characters was well written and linked together nicely. As well, chapter 3 for Chris and Hugo. Those chapters really took advantage of the Trinity Sight System.

- Luc and Thomas' point of view was a great addition and I thoroughly enjoy playing through it.

- Ability to spend a lot of time with more characters. Previous Suikodens were plagued by the large cast and no character development. But with the trinity sight system, we got to see far more characters closer than before.

Cons:
-------
- Geddoe's chapter 2 and 3. Sure they were good, but they didn't take advantage of the Trinity Site System. We were all by ourself for the most part except for a breif cameo by a few zexen knights. Too bad we couldn't stop in at Chisha during the attack and do some guerilla fighting to protect the grasslands....

- Hiking through the same place multiple times in each chapter gets a bit redundant. Even with the camera swinging around wildly (North Amur Plains), it's still all the same and never gets any better.

- Dramatic scenes lack drama on the second time you see it.

- Beating the Destroyers in all chapters kind of makes you laugh at the enemy. The only group that should beat the destroyers is Geddoe with his True Rune. But we beat them with Chris and Hugo... really shouldn't have been possible in there stories.

-------

All in all, I liked the T.S.S, but I really wish the story was written to take advantage of it far more. I'm looking for more crossover like Geddoe meeting Salome or Hugo meeting Chris.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would have liked a sasari chapter as was originally intended. or anything aside from that stupid dog.

The whole system was cool and effectivly added hours on the the total play time and certainly replay value. But there are sometimes when i just wanted to scream at the screen because the charectors were close minded; granted it wasent as bad in twilight of the spirits but it can be rather exsaperating at times.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally thought the Trinity Sight System was a brilliant idea. It allowed you to experience the same time frame from multiple points, which let you get an understanding of all of the major characters.

I always found the argument of "you had to watch the same scenes over and over" to be a bit weak. When you really think of it, how many scenes were shown EXACTLY the same in multiple chapters? Well, there is Lulu getting killed, and that whole thing with Hugo's party running into Chris' group in Brass Castle, but not a whole lot else. Any other overlapping scene, the events are shown in a different way, which is what the whole point of the system was about. For example, the attack on Chisha Village in Chapter 3. While both Chris and Hugo participate in the battle, the way in which it is shown is entirely different.

Also, just as a side note, I'm pretty glad they did not let you share money and items between characters, myself. Games like, say, Wild Arms DID let you, even before the characters meet, and I found that to be a bit strange. I found it a pretty nice touch that Konami did NOT let you do it, to keep with realism.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Couldn't agree more. I found the Trinity Site System a great addition to the game.

In Suikoden I and II, all the states you had to combine where mostly of the same culture. The discrepancies being the Wingers/Kobolds/Humans in Suikoden II and the Kobolds/Elves/Dwarf/Humans in Suikoden I. There conflicts were very internal and localised - and simply resolved.

However Suikoden III had a much broader sense of cultures and lifestyles. There was already deep seethed hatred and anger between Zexen, Grasslands and Harmonia. If you were to play the game from one point of view; there would be many more complaints as to why did the Knights join, they're obviously evil people who burn villages and massacre the Grasslanders for no reason. It was a very nice touch to watch the plot unfold from each sides perspective.

Oh and btw, the Sasarai chapter was never confirmed. Only speculated. People thought that as Luc has a chapter, they felt Sasarai should have; and it was only replaced because Murayam left. - Speculation.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: