Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saddest Suikoden Episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
butters

The Keeping It Real Krew

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was sad when Viktor and Flik stay behind to hold off the scarlet moon soldiers and Flik takes the arrow for Tir, I thought they were dead for sure.

Another sad moment for me was when they trick you into thinking Nanami is dead i was pretty sad but then i found out she lives. ;D

RIP Eddie 1967 - 2005
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found that out before I played the game, lol
Star Dragon Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had of played Suikoden 1 before Suikoden 2 came out and I was a Viktor fan like i am now, i would probably be like NOOOOOO!!!
Komillia

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this before, but I found Helmut and Colton's cut scene in Suikoden IV really sad. There I was running around the ship when my brother (who had already played it once) told me to go to where Colton was. At first I thought that it was just a regular scene between two former comrades with great respect for each other but when Helmut called Colton father I just went :shock: and then felt like crying. Then afterwards I reloaded the game just to see that scene again.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally, someone seems to 'get' that sense as something more than a simple 'reveal' of an interesting side-note. It's much more important than that.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To me, the saddest thing was easily the end of III.

In the first one, the death of death of Odessa, while I liked her and would've wanted her to live, I completely understood it happening and expected something of the like. And, it was a good death, really. Gremio's was put down by the resurrection and by my dislike of the character. Ted and Teo were far better, though. However, once again, it was more of a sense thing and just seemed appropriate and right and without regret. They were both happy and seemed that way, and I wasn't sad. The main thing in the first is the ending, which wasn't so much sad as touching, to me.

The second wasn't very sad, at all, to me. Every death that others considered sad didn't register as such with me. It just reflected a lot stronger on the characters doing the killing, for me, than the first one. I would have liked to have killed Luca myself. And, Gorudo, too, for his actions. Not a sad episode, so much.

The fourth, while darker, most say, was also not the saddest. You can bring up several things, but to me, the main thing is the Rune of Punishment events. These, however, were also not the saddest things, though, to me. Of course, I'd played the third already, so, not even up to that point.

The third, I think, had the most actual star deaths thus far. I didn't mind the Lulu thing, since I hated him. However, it was well done with the mother much later on. Jimba was wonderful with Chris... definitely topping Teo and Tir, in my opinion, in that sort of touching event. And the Alma Kinan events were also very well done, in my opinion. And, that's leaving out the actual war things, such as the burning and massacre of Karaya.

However, all of those things paled to the main story with Luc. The depression of his and his purpose was great. And, as a long-going fan of Luc, I could just almost feel his own sadness and all. But, the penultimate is the sad fate of the relationship with Sarah. It's the best couple of the series, in my opinion, and one of the saddest (THE SADDEST, in my opinion). Both were excellent characters, both went well together, and they both understood each other so well. But, the tragic fate that awaited them... I'm a Romantic, though. But, to me, it was the saddest and most touching moment of the series.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i thought lulu's death was the saddest and the look on hugo's face was unforgetable. i really like how they portrayed that seen in the manga as well.

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The saddest Suikoden game got to be Suikoden I(his father dies, best friend, odessa....i'ts really sad), but to choose the saddest scene is very difficult, but i'll mention few scenes that are saddest to me(HUGE SPOILERS):

Teo's death- That one really hurt.....when first played the game i hoped that teo will join the liberation army, so i was really sad with this scene.....

Gremio's death- Well, he was Tirs best friend, so......( i was so happy when i found out that he can be resurrected)

Nanami's death- Look above...

Troy sinking with his ship- He's my favorite Suikoden IV character so this really sadden me.....

Luca's death- Now you'll think i'm a moron, but i felt sorry for him, i mean we all know that he was a good kid before his mother was raped by ruffians.......

I still got to many of sad scenes, so i'll just mention these above.........
MenaceX

FoE Legion

17500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The saddest thing for me was when Gremio died. Honorable mention goes to Pahn and Kiba.

Gremio is my choice because he was the heroes closest confidant(next to Ted only perhaps). He stuck by the hero for the majority of the game up to that point and for me at least I like his character and grew attached to him. Then when he sacrifices himself and you can hear him talking as hes being eaten by the spores, its absolutely horrible.

Pahn is only if you lose the duel, which only did the first time I played the game. I liked Pahn, felt like he was a more complex character with his initial betrayal then his rejoining the hero's side. But if you let him lose the duel versus Teo its sad because Pahn gives his life to guard the rear. And then Cleo the next morning, thats sad stuff.

Kiba was just a great hero and general. The fact that he knew he was going to die and took his own troops to stall for time was very heroic and he died gloriously. Kiba was probably my favorite unit to use in the big battles in Suikoden 2.

Their are others I'm forgetting, but those are my top three.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got to go with Lulu's death also. In the short time you got to play as Lulu you got to liking him. I think that was the way the story was planned. Then they return from Zexen only to find out that Zexen is burning down their village and killing villagers for some reason. Zexen are portayed as monsers in this scene and you felt that Lulu shouldn't have been the one to die. Lulu was so full of life and you actually felt for Hugo who had lost his best friend. The atmosphere and music add to this affect.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio's was the bravest death of them all. He flat out knew he was dead. I mean, the only people who matched that kind of bravery were Flik and Vik, at the end. I mean, hell, they managed to survive because they were seriously skilled, and lucky, otherwise.....

I think all the deaths are done well, in all the Suikoden games. Hell, even when Troy went down with that ship, all I thought was "Now he's a real warrior." 21 gun salute, and all.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio's death was and is for me the saddest moment I experienced in a video game ever, I must have seen Gremio's death like close to 15 times from all my playtroughs and each time I can't stop my self from crying, and I admit it I cry whenever I see his death scene and I'm not ashamed for it at all in fact I'm proud that a work of fiction managed to have that affect on me...

Now whenever I have to play the game I dread that moment in time and try to promise my self that I won't cry, but alas I never succeed... :cry:
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My saddest Suikoden moment, or at least most emotional Suikoden moment, was when I chose to give everything up at Tinto and walk away. Not because Ridley died or anything like that, just the entire sequence with Marlowe trying to fend off zombies with a book, the people in Tigermouth being killed, getting the help of Georg and then getting the slap from Shu. I tried this on my first time through the game and was hit pretty hard by how emotionally intense the whole thing was.

Usually on my first time through the game I play it the way I would like it to go, whether that means killing people when I get the chance or ending the game early if I felt it was something my character would do.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The saddest Suikoden 1 scene for me was when Teo dies in his sons hands i found that quiet sad as well as Gremio's heroic death when he throws Tir and Co behind that door and gets eaten by spores. Sniff Sniff.

For S2 it had to be when i thought Ridley had been so called killed.

And for S4 it is when you refuse to use the Rune of Punishment when the ablaze fleet is heading for you and everyone perishes.

You can never have a Suikoden game without a bit of tear jerker scenes.
cathy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My saddest scene in Suikoden 1 is when Gremio sacrifise his life to save his young master (Tir) in that Soniere Prison. The other scene was when Odessa died. :(

In Suikoden 2 is when Jowy murdered Annabelle and left. Jess thought it was Riou and Nanami's fault but it really isn't. The second one is when Clive killed Elza in a duel, he realize what he have done after Elza told him the whole truth before she died.

In Suikoden 3 is when Lulu was slashed by Chris. It was so sad. :( And Hugo thought Chris did it on purpose when she really did not know that a child like Lulu wanting to kill her. The last saddest scene is when Hugo (I chose him as the Flame Champion) and the team found Jimba/Wyatt in the Cyndar Ruins. He told Chris the truth about him being her father before he died from his True Water Rune.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: