Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Characters Dying and Leaving
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chikei

963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Characters Dying and Leaving Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this Is what i hate bout Suikoden when i played Suikoden 2 the First time
When jowy Runs off I left all the Good Armor On him T_T and when i didint noe bout the Nanami Thing when u could prevent her from Dying All of the Runes and Armor were still on her And i Couldnt get them Back T_T and Suio 3 characters Like Jimba/Wyatt why did they Bother making hime a Star Of Destiny When u cant even use him Same as Yun from the Alma Kinan Why did make her a Star of Destimy also Well one good Reason why Wyattis one cuz he Wileded the True Water Rune but Still
T_T its jess a Waste Of characters Dying When u cant bother even to using them In the game but i guess Wyatt had a Important part being a tru Water Wielder in all But but STILL
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's why you should replay the game and not repeat the same mistake. Playing the game for the first time without any guide whatsoever would most definitely "trick" you when there is a plot twist.

But to be honest, Suikoden 2 isn't all that hard that you really *need* the whatever runes/armors that you left on Nanami.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It didn't matter for me that much since I never gave the powerful armors, runes or anything of that matter to anyone beside the hero, and about the jamb thing you do use him in the game (for a brief moment). Therefore, you shouldn't be sad for his dead because you already got the chance to fight with him in your team. :wink:

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They probably made Jimba(and the others) SoDs just to add flavour to the game...besides, it`d be a bit easy to predict who were going to die if they weren`t normal SoD, wouldn`t it?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I usually give the best runes and armor to Riou, but my first time I did leave some good armor on Joei and it made me pretty mad.
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had a chance to leave anything good on Jowy. I left a Thunder God Garb on Nanami, I think. I didn't really care about that, though. The characters that leave early in the game (such as ted) you don't really need to worry about. The only thing is sharpening the weapons.

47809 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Pahn lost the Duel HE HAD THE FRICKIN' BLINKING MIRROR I LOST IT FOREVER!!!!!!!that stunk pretty bad! :evil:
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's called SAVE and RESET. It makes it a lot easier to retrace your steps if you lose something important.

Oh, and Jimba actually is playable, for like five minutes, right when Lucia and Beecham join you. You can throw him in your party, but he's not that good.
Greenoblivion

Oblivion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea i dont understand why Yun was a SOD because what did she really do? i mean she broke the seal to the true water rune and Died she was in the game for like 10 minutes or not even! thats crazy.... :mrgreen:
The Red King-Alice in wonderland
Budgie-Barbequing Hamlet
Ken-Her Majesty Miss Jones
Mr.Gibbs-Arsenic and Old lace
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actulary i disagree marshmellow Jimba is Good. Well if built up anyway. But there is virtuoly no point in doing so. Thomas on the other hand........

Thats a problem in a lot of games where a charector leaves and you had some good equipment on. Yes reseting the game is a solution but thats not always the best thing to do. Case in Point FF4 Kain leaves and rejoins you Half a dozen times. Each time you have good shit on him but then he suddendly leaves not only did you lose your second best charector, you lost all the crap he had on. Its annoying too because there some nice stuff you could have sold and got some Gil in your pocket. (well maybe ff4 is a bad example sense you can just dupe shit to sell anyway)

One of the few minor things about Dragon Warrior 7 is that on the rare occasion someone left he left his/her equipment to you. This is cool(never mind the fact that the only charector with a semblance of a personality they kill off 10 hours into the game COUGH) .

Personally its just something to make sure you remember when you replay the game. One of those few quirps for replaying the game in the first place.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sesshomaru wrote:
When Pahn lost the Duel HE HAD THE FRICKIN' BLINKING MIRROR I LOST IT FOREVER!!!!!!!that stunk pretty bad! :evil:

What?! Is it actually possible to lose it permanently? Wow, that`s bad game design... :roll:

I`ve read about this before, I think(someone putting it on Gremio), so it seems to be true...how come this wasn`t fixed in testing? Fortunately for me, I`ve always had it on Tir, since it seemed more fitting for the leader to have it.

That reminds me of how much the S1 item system sucks, but I won`t start on that now...

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't complain much about characters dying but I personally would whine at how they'd take there items to oblivion with them..

I've played a game where all a person's equipment were automatically unepuipped right before they left the party for good [[aka and never returned again]].

course...one could argue that it would make the game less unrealistic but hey, I'd say, leave realism to simulations and virtual reality games :lol:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
King Jarrett

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

can someone tell me who the person that met geddoe in the inn in vinay del zexay was(was it the dective he met in caleria?) geddoe is to mysterious for us players to understand ..i didnt like him
King Jarrett

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone there? i really wanna figure out who that mysterious person was in geddoes room at the inn..
King Jarrett

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

guess not lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: