Suikoden United and Illusional Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Battle System in suiko 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chikei

963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Battle System in suiko 3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mann i jess hated the ABttle System in suiko 3 i mean Pairs Sucked
like if a Character used a Rune and the other character is paired off wid
that Person using the Rune U have noe Choice But to Attack and u cant even Pick the Target Wth is that :x and Strategic battles Suck to i mean
u still cant pick the target U cant even Control wich Person will attack who and u cant Choose to use the Runes or not and the characters always Elminate the Leaders Party they would always Hit the closest Enemy
ahh kinda pissed meeh off And they would always kill the leader last most ofthe times which i hated it jess Gahh ....... :evil:
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pardon?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh..I don`t think it`s nearly THAT bad. Personally, I thought the S3 system was the best overall, even if I`d have liked to be able to control all my characters individually. But the 3-D battlefield with moving characters just makes it look so much cooler, and I liked the idea of Rune spells taking 2 or more rounds to cast. It`s not hard to get used to the pair system either....

And if you could manually control your fighters in major battles, you could just send everyone at the enemy leader and/or just blast him with Lightning spells. Then again, you can just include Emily and Juan in a group...XD

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The free range 3-d thing kicked tail, but the not being able to give every character a command truly stunk.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please Please PLEASE don't type like a 13 year old on AIM. It's annoying.

And I guess I'm in the minority that enjoyed the Suikoden III battle system.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The buddy system was the only aspect of the Suikoden 3 battles I did not like. I loved having your characters actually move around on the battlefield, and thought that the whole charge time for spells thing was a great idea. I think it is a real shame that they seem to not be using these aspects in Suikoden 4.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 3 battle system really sucked.The only thing that made it worth it was the graphics and the movement.The whole pair things really made it difficult and aggrivating.I think it's a blessing they're not using the same battle system as Suikoden 3
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I agree with mostly everbody saying pairs sucked. It didn't make battles go qiucker, it only limited your options.

I also didn't like the fact that a lot of spells damaged your party as well as the enemy.
I mean the only way not to damage your allies was to have someone super compatible with their rune, so it would cast quick.
If it took too long to cast a spell that damaged allies/foes then you would almost always have poeple attacking the enemy, so they would get damaged. Even if you made everyone defend, then the person paired with the spellcaster will probably attack.
That is unless you put a gaurdian type character(battle personality) in front of the spellcaster, then they will most likely stay, but that means they will stay when you fight on auto too.

For these reasons I usually just avoid using runes that cause damage to all parties, like the fire rune.
I know it was supposed to add more strategy to the battle system, but it also really limits its use.

Besides all those gripes that I just laid out, everything else was a step above previous battle systems in Suikodens.
The 3-D characters and environments(looked good!), movement on the field(more realilistic), and the skills system(an awsome addition! parry, counterattack, heavy damage.. the choices!) all were welcome additions to the battle system.

Although I have complaints with the BS in Suikoden 3, there is still enough variety to keep the battles engaging and fresh(as fresh as fighting a gajillion battles can be).
Fayt

Blades at Dawn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it makes you feel you don't have total control over your caracters... well, you don't have total control over your characters XD, but the thing is.. you can't do exactly what you'd like to do.. unless you rely on physical attacks heavily, like using Juan and Emily bumped with the Jongleur Rune.. but otherwise, you can't really fight very well using runes... you can damage your own party.. you need to wait for the chanting time...

In fact I needed to steal five Fire Sealing runes in order to use my TFR efectively... and it was a pretty good rune.. but the battle system (along with the low affinity of the three main characters with fire) made it worse...

Anyway.. I got myself carried away.. the point is the battle system added some nice touches... but some important points were quite annoying... I enjoyed fighting though....
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fayt wrote:
in fact I needed to steal five Fire Sealing runes in order to use my TFR efectively... and it was a pretty good rune.. but the battle system (along with the low affinity of the three main characters with fire) made it worse....

Both Geddoe and Hugo and get up to at least an A in Fire Magic if you use the Fire Magic ring, which you can get pretty easily.

Anyway, I think people are complaining a bit too much about the pairs...sure, it was annoying and I`m glad they`ve scrapped that aspect, but it wasn`t THAT bad.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The suikoden 3 battle system was a little pain but tolerable . But i'd certainly flare up if I see it on the 4th installment .

Visit Kika or get your Kika goodies at :

http://www.geocities.com/seiferia/kikaindex.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fayt

Blades at Dawn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
Both Geddoe and Hugo and get up to at least an A in Fire Magic if you use the Fire Magic ring, which you can get pretty easily.

Only Geddoe gets A with just a FM ring, Hugo's highest level in FM without anything equipped is B so he would get only B+.

So the only really good character with the TFR is Geddoe... also Chris and Hugo are not too good at magic.. Chris is horrible and Hugo is not too brilliant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: