Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Only in America?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Imagine it, we're the future of America.
It's true an it makes me want to cry. A freind of mine is in the Navy, and he said if you knew who defended our country, you'ld probably shoot yourself if a war came on American soil. He said half these idiots didn't even make it out of grade school.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
Quote:
Imagine it, we're the future of America.
It's true an it makes me want to cry. A freind of mine is in the Navy, and he said if you knew who defended our country, you'ld probably shoot yourself if a war came on American soil. He said half these idiots didn't even make it out of grade school.

Seen Farenheit 911? They made that point on recruiting kids from the less poverished said of town. But i felt that the documentary was still a bit biased; that it was more on advocating one point, one side of an arguement, instead of the whole picture. But that was my feeling.

Before, i was thinking of moving and living in the US, where most of my friends would have gone to. And some of my friends have already gone there. But i'm happy here in Australia. ^_^

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that with the United States things are a little different because not all people look down upon the stupid actions of other people. In fact, a lot of shows like Maury Povich and Jerry Springer make light of this stupidity. I mean the Jerry Springer show is the second most watched talk show in the world, much less America. The only one that has more viewers is the Oprah show and not by all that much no less. You could say it's a talk show secret that while Oprah is number one, they dont let on just how popular the Jerry Springer show really is. There's a reason it's been on the air for 15 seasons dont you think so?

It's shows like these with the exception of Oprah who caters to Hollywood, that take these stupid actions and show it off. I am not saying dumb crap like that doesnt happen constantly but to an extent it's exaggerated by these talk shows. It doesnt help that the Jerry Springer show is broadcast in a bunch of other countries too. It fuels the international thought that most Americans are "stupid", or low class.

It's unfortunate but thats what America's own media has created for itself.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no, shows like that have little to do with our image; media, to a degree, yes, but not crap shows. our actions have also put us on the 'stupid' map in the world's eye; our political actions at the forefront of this issue, thanks to our current administration.

also, take another look at what 'graduates' from school these days; kids who can't write a basic sentence, much less a coherent paper, and these kids think they should be able to walk into any college, get a degree and take over-right junior, keep thinking that.

too many are caught up in materialistic crap and image, rather than build skills that will help them reach the 'goals' they've set for themselves; they've been taught that everything comes to them without effort, so they believe this is true in all situations-most are shocked to learn that this isn't true.

they lack the concept of priority; spending tuition money on stereo and other car 'equipment,' cell phones and the like, instead of using money wisely. they laugh and think this is funny; 'oh, this stereo? yah, i used some of my tuition, yo? but don't worry, mom and dad will pay me more...'

some adapt and start working on personal development, while others stagnate and continue to rely on mom and dad for everything. after all, nothing is cooler than a 30 something who still lives with mom and dad and collects an allowance.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: