Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"What's that idol? Is it some human god?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: "What's that idol? Is it some human god?" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a damn good question, Dupa, I don't know.

Not sure if this belongs here or in Backstory/Plot, but I'm going to assume it can be considered a "culture" issue.

In Suikoden III, late in the game, when Dupa and Lucia are both just standing around in the main meeting room of Budehuc Castle, talking to Dupa yields the question in the title of this thread. I was very confused, when suddenly I noticed a small shrine in the back of the room. I can't make out what it is at the center at all, but it looks vaguely humanoid. There're five candles, one on either side and three in the center, the centermost of those taller than the rest. I have no clue what that's suppose to be. I'm guessing not Saint Loa, since isn't Loa supposed to be horned? Hell, this thing almost looks like the Gingerbread Man, more than a "god." :) Are there any clues anywhere as to who or what this thing is?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to pick up Suikoden III now and try this out? Does it have to be done before a particular section of the game?

As Lizards generally don't understand humans very much, especially non-Grasslands humans, it could be a previous owner of the castle who loved himself a little too much and built a little place of worship for himself.

It's possible.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could well be, you're right. I just don't know if Thomas would continue to light candles in the fellow's honor, especially given how all the previous governors were kind of crap.

As for when you'll see it, not for a good long while if you just begin playing now [although, considering Suikoden III is clearly the best in the series, playing again is its own reward ;)], because I saw this in chapter 5. Dupa might say it as early as late chapter 4, though.

*smacks his forehead* Duh, though, as soon as you play Thomas I you should be able to see the thing, I think. Go to the first floor meeing hall, and look at whatever that is behind the desk. You should recognize the candle layout I described above, with the little gingerbread man looking thing in the center.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it's just there as some inanimate decoration, someone in the development team though would look cool.

But I guess that's the logical thing to be going on, and we don't care about that.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loaded up my game and its in chapter 4 before Wyatt gives the true water to chris/hugo. I see the "shrine" you speak of but I do not think it is a shrine at all, but merely a decoration. The 'idol' in question is just a small gold statuette of nothing in particular. I think to the left and right are parchments that may be of some importance, thus the lit candles.

A better question is why is there the same painting on the walls in that room 3 times? They must really like that painting!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, laziness. And are they unchangeable?
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes.

And to return to the original question: I actually think that the figure might be horned, and thus Loa. But perhaps I'm looking at it the wrong way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: