Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your Religion?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not really anything...I guess I'm just aloof from religion. Whatever happens after death happens, I guess. I'm more worried about right now. Most religions are good things though, they help to spread good moral values. I just find some of them hard to swallow.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*beats face in with a garden hose*

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh! Aberham (sp?) is the man...the one who National Geographic ran an artical on (damnfkargesmunleboot)

The hose knows all, I get lots of spirtual ideals from it

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seiferalmasy1930

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think the world's problems lie with the religions themselves, but with people's inability to adapt and be tolerant in a world that's gotten a lot smaller with the changing technology. There's no way we can change everyone's belief systems and way of life--all we can do is accept people for what they are. Which lies at the core of the problem; people are unwilling to do that.

Very True , the recent surge in technology nowadays and for the past 50 years has contributed to much conflict due to the rapid progession of human contact all over the world .

But it has also united people who have philantropic missions and have wishes of goodwill , it is important not to overlook that fact .

Visit Kika or get your Kika goodies at :

http://www.geocities.com/seiferia/kikaindex.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Augustus

Knights of Ilam

0 Potch
43200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know it sounds strange, but I am a traditional Roman Catholic who believes in the Great Void of Taoism. Having read Taoist poems since 5. My most favorite Taoist masters are Lao Tzu and Huang Ti (the Yellow Emperor).
Tarik

Croc's Fury

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I know it is weird, but I am a traditional Roman Catholic who believes in the Great Void of Taoism.

I understand the Great Void of Taoism, but find it too fantastic and mysterious, sometimes nonsensical, to believe in; since you believe in it, I guess you want to be an immortal or kind of sage, right?

Quote:

Having read Taoist poems since 5, I have a stronger penchant for the Tao than God. Although I am responsible to go to church every sunday with my parents, I am on my way to discover all the secrets of Heavens. My most favorite Taoist masters are Lao Tzu^ and Huang Ti (the Yellow Emperor).

I think I need to improve my weak faith in God.

Well, just only my opinion that you should concentrate in one thing only. You go to church with passive attitude, you cannot get anything from God, and your pretense will be punished. I find it rather ironic that you said you need to improve your faith in God, while actually you are a big BELIEVER of Taoism (I read your post about yin and yang, mostly, in the gay marriage in.... post).

Anyway, I don't think Huang Ti was a Taoist master, or was he? He is the author of the book of change, but did he believe in Tao? I should ask my dad about that :mrgreen:
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm Roman Catholic, but I never go to church and I don't believe half of the stuff they say. Actually, I think 75% of it is total bull.

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As it stands, I have no religion, though I am NOT athiest. <_<;; I have no idea what I believe in. Though I beleive in many aspects of all the religions that I know things about. (Mainly christianity and buddism).

I don't really beleive in "God" but I do beleive that there could be "a god" or ahigher power out there. I beleive in a soul and other suck spiritual things. But I'm also a hardcore skeptic. ^^;

It really tears me up inside. <_< Because it feels like there's a void inside me that needs to be filled. O_<; I dunno how to explain it really. Someday I'll find a relgion to call my own....
And1balla

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a Christian. I believe that God created us all, and that he sent Jesus to die for us all so that we could go to heaven. :) To be more specefic I am a Lutheran christian.
Thanks
And1balla
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not big on religion nor do I believe following a religion would be right for me. I believe there could be a higher being causing the fluctuations in the Universe but I don't necessarily believe he "created us in his image" or watches over us constantly. I do pray, however, because it doesn't FEEL right not to. Maybe it's habit, maybe it's guilt or maybe I'm just confused about my own views on the subject.

I was baptized Catholic though. Ironically enough they just showed on the news yesterday and today that the priest that baptized me has been convicted for child molestation (a 13 or 15 year old in 2000... the year I was baptized >_<) more than once. He supposedly gave one kid "toys and money" to keep him quiet. I don't know, I was disturbed by this news though. :? My question being does this invalidate my baptism or what? Heh, strange. :|

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And1balla wrote:
I am a Christian. I believe that God created us all, and that he sent Jesus to die for us all so that we could go to heaven. :) To be more specefic I am a Lutheran christian.
Thanks
And1balla

"that works of you live in a bubble socioty"

we live now, (most of us) in an intertwined world, one in which you can meet people who've never had a Jesus and who's god is nature and everything, its fun to poke those people who try to convert everyone and say "what about the Austrlian Aborginies?" or "what about the Native Americans"

of course, where are they in the bible? the Pagas being talked about are Romans and other Eurasian peoples with "earth based" faith, its pretty obvious Jeasus knew the Aztec or Maori(sp?)

but what of the peole he dided for? some of the most poor and down people hold god and religion so dear to their heart, but then we see them on "feed the children" a famlily of 12 children. they do as god says, where are their vittles?

when I begin to write my stories and add my own theolgical twists, one of the hardest to make "characters" s the god/godess of "inequality" if in fact somwhere there is one, then I need to know it.

prehaps, some of us are left with nothing so we know what is actually important?

prehaps the bad things happen to remind us how good we need to be

and you need to know pain before we can reconize pleasure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hai there. I'm a Muslim. You'd expect my name to be Muhammad, or Yusuf, or whatever. Actually my name, Imad, is an Arabic word. It means "Pillar" or "Strong Supporter". Yeah I think it's cool, though i was given other nicknames, like "I Mad", "Immy", and for some reason "Austin Powers" at the 9th Grade...... 8) ......

There have been some question as towards the Quran. I'll say one thing. It'll blow your mind...hopefully.

The Quran was sent down piece by piece. It covers seom subjects, mostly with the prophets, mostly Moses and Jesus and Muhammad (Peace be upon him). But it also comes across Nature.

One verse will tell you how the egg is developed into an embryo and becomes the fetus inseide the woman's womb![i] It's in there under the Chapter Sura Ar-Rad (The Thunder). This was hundreds of years before Da Vinci dissected corpses to study the anatomy of the human body!

This is evidence that Islam advocates science and knowledge. I don't know if it's in the Bible, but television showed me that if some people are devout christians, they oppose science (it's in the Simpsons once!)

But keep in mind that a monk, a devout christian, discovered the theory of the dominant and recessive genes in his monastery! So being devoted to your religion also means searching for knowledge!

Let's all be friends, ok? :wink:

NOTE: The prophets had gifts given to each of them, accoring to us monotheists (Jews, Chrisitans and Muslims). Moses was given powers of magic by God (turning his staff into a snake, having his hand illuminate), Jesus Christ was given the powers of healing, and Muhammad (PBUH) was given knowledge by God (even for times of battles).
[/u]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was talking about this with my dad the other day, because he and my stepmom are rather unorthadox in their different choices of religon, and just wanted to know exactly what they believed.
He then asked me what I believed, and I told him I didn't think there was a enough proof to support any idea of belief conclusively.
I thought that was atheism, but he said it was more agnostic.

But as I thought about a set of beliefs that I think the universe is founded on, I realized I did have an actual theory, which I like to take on faith as being true, or could be true.
It's something out of my own imagination of what the universe, and all else thereafter, is conected by.

I figured since the mystery of the universe is unknown, why not explore with your own ideas of what it is all about.
So what I came up with was, that the universe is just a collection of particles, and our planet and all of the others within it, are the base of atoms and such, that make up the building blocks of a world that is structure similar to ours, but just gigantic in porpotions.
In essence, I believe that there are universes built upon universes, in a neverending cycle of structure.

This is hard to make clear to put into words, so I'm going to give an example.

Let's start with our solar system, ok.
If my belief were true, it would mean that our solar system is an atom to the system that it is helping to make up.
The sun would be the necleus, and the planets would be the electrons, and all of the solar systems would cobine to form the milky way.
The milky way then being something more on the lines like a particle or such.
And the more planets and other forms of mass and energy you add onto that, they would keep compiling until you finally get what we would we as humans would consider a finished product. A solid object we could see with our own eyes.
And the cycle would start all over again.

Of course since I base lots of my assumptions on science(and a huge dose of imagination), and since science is the constant search for explanations of how our universe and thus without works.
It means that I still have lots of holes in my theory or belief because of course we don't have all of the answers when dealing with science, and would then mean that I am agnostic at the core.

Maybe I could call my belief, Agnostical Expansionist or something along those lines.

I tried looking for this idea on the net, but was unable to find anything written on it already.
It's kind of hard for me to believe that someone out there hasn't thought of this before, and put it into words.

I don't mind any type of feedback concerning my speculations in this reply, and would not be offended if anyone had anything to discuss on these points I talked about.
I just look at religon/faith of a belief as a more fun thing, since obviously we aren't going to get any clear answers of what it's all about in our lifetime.
Jebus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be a Roman Catholic for one thing. (Not that it has to do with anything, but I've noticed a striking number of people that USED to be Catholic, or go to church, but don't believe it. *shrug*)

Then for awhile I was a complete atheist. Mostly because of some deeply ingrained problems I had with religion. That didn't last long and I became agnostic.

This lasted the longest of anything I've been so far. I think about six years. After which I discovered Buddhism and Taoism.

At first I thought "This is it. I 've got it." However, soon after I read a little book entitled "The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and began looking into probability mechanics and such. I realized then that really anything, and by that I mean ANYthing, is possible. Just very improbable.

After that discovery I tried to rethink my idea of religion, after which I ended up with an amalgamation of various ones. The only things that really make sense to me now are that the universe itself, and the soul are the only constants. I believe in reincarnation, and I believe in Heaven (Nirvana) and Hell, in a sense. I believe that those with extremely good karma are rewarded with Nirvana for a time based on how good they were. Same with Hell. Punishment is temporary just as is Paradice. Those with neutral karma are simply reborn. After their stay in Heaven/Hell people are reborn.

There are a few bugs in this, but I'm still trying to figure it out. It basically comes from looking at religion rationally, and might seem odd, but I don't really care. I guess its just a combination of my natural apathy, and the Buddhist patience. Meh.

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would probably be classified as Pagan...I'm not really 'hardcore', I mostly stick to the Mother-Goddess ideals(nature should be respected...ect.). I used to be sort of borderline atheist/agnostic, but then we started talking about early civilizations in World History and I was hooked on the ideals of the Goddess culture and I'm happy with my choice.

Making up your own religion can be fun too, since it is after all your beliefs. Though it is kind of hard dealing with the backlash of having a 'weird' religion. It is good to see some wiccans here so I'm not in that big of a minority :mrgreen: .
Blaze Silven

Gutbuster Brigade

132168 Potch
294 Soldiers
17500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well considering that i'm christian means i have a religion. what is the one belief that there might be a god out there but unless it's been proven then you don't beleive in any religion?
or until I die
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 10 of 28

Jump to: