Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The best developed character on Suikox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor and Leb, mind if I reference your characters in some fashion at some point in my stories, should the need arise? And Leb, is Julius the Duke of Gaien, or is your character someone other than your own position here on the forum?

Fliktor, I'm actually curious about yours right now. In a Suikoden setting, do you think the Abhorsen would be a figure much in the vein of someone like Kahn? *resists the urge to shout Kahn as everyone is sleeping here* A necromancer who puts the walking dead back to rest? Sounds not -that- far off from the Marley Clan. They're more specifically Vampire hunters, but some of the same ideas apply.

Damnit, I need to kick this block now because there're so many stories I want to write.

Oh, and MF: I don't know if you answered or not, can I reference you as well at some point?
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I guess there are two ways to look at this. You can try to identify the most developed character, in which case someone like Scarlet assassin or Harukaze would win. (Of course, I've seen authors who don't develop any characters in 300 pages *cough* Michael Crichton *cough*). That doesn't neccesarily make them the best characters though.

I doubt any of us here are going to create truly original characters; everything's been done by now. But there are those that are more complex and interesting than others. The problem is that "best" characters are rather subjective, so we'd never come to any conclusion.

It's all moot anyway, since the Vaguelord Shrew is obviously the most developed character ever created.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*grins at the Vaguelord* Yes, and that's why a paradox storm is heading our way as we speak, because someone tried to develop the lord of the Vague.

Anyway, I think the thread has sort of deviated away from its original purpose - and did so pretty quickly; might have been my own fault, at least partially - from asking who the best developed character is, to "talk about your character." So the title isn't really accurate anymore, even though the thread's been consistent thus far.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lord Shrew.

See Harukaze, us tri-state folks rock. It would be cool to have like a major event with all of the SUikox character (or at least IMPORTANT ones)

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a very nice person. I just wanna play in my ranch. I love little children, they are so innocent.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninjar, I'm anxiously awaiting July 5th!

Harukaze, thanks for the input on Fliktor. I tried to stear clear of mentioning the Charter as much as I could in my character description (though my regiment and weapon descriptions may contain a multitude of them). The thought of being conected to the Marley family is intriguing. Feel free to use it anyway you feel, as is it from my Mothers side that the necormancer comes from, she could be related somehow to the Marley's, in one form or another.

Let me know if you do decide to use me.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I hadn't specifically meant making you a member of the Marley family, though that could work. I simply meant that you could have a power and history similar to that of the Marleys. I'm not even sure if their clan will exist in my world, since I've thrown out all the existing characters. To keep the Marleys as a family while having no familiar members of said clan - Kahn and whoever else may have been mentioned in the novels and publications and such - is a possibility I suppose, but without a Neclord - at least, without the Neclord from the games; Grasslands' Neclord has a very different history - I don't know how they would have gotten into the "business," as it were.

I will definitely think more on this. Whatever I think up, in the end it will be your decision if you want to run with it. I think I've finally made progress on the one story I'm working on [the ending wasn't working well at -all,- and I realized, when both your main POVs are unconscious, it might be best not to describe what goes on... fast forward a bit and explain what happened from a later standpoint, giving the audience as much information as the main POVs would have gotten when they woke up... this has helped immensely] so I'll be capable of moving on more. I still have to kill off the Lizard Clan Chief to make room for Abyscal to ascend to the position, but then I'd like to deal with some other nations. Which one yet, I don't know.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Connected to" and "Related to" don't necessarily mean blood related. She could've been related to them in a darker sense; well, at least that's how I meant it to mean.

But yes, enough drivel about me.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats a good idea Black Pesmerga, what is the possibility of implementing it?

Quote:
So personally speaking, I don't really mind which star I'm assigned to if I deserve to be put in the Tablet of Stars.

I agree. And i think other members should not mind either, just making it onto the Tablet of Stars should be rewarding enough.

EDIT: Do not mind this post, it should be in the newly made Suikox Tablet of Stars thread split from this one by Fliktor.

Last edited by Goldy on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I can't merge posts, but there's a thread about this now open in Budehuc if you want to move the discussion there.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Fliktor and Leb, mind if I reference your characters in some fashion at some point in my stories, should the need arise? And Leb, is Julius the Duke of Gaien, or is your character someone other than your own position here on the forum?

It's fine with me. And Julius is the Duke, self-appointed after Gaien's war against Kooluk and the Island Nations.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, cool I got a mention despite not being here, thank you very much Acheron. I dunno about development so far I've got a lot in store for Exile (my character's name for those of you who don't know, it was mentioned in the duel) so he's really in no way done being fleshed out. He's so far a swordsman, the typical no parents kind and his childhood was spent wandering around various places trying to make endsmeet. I don't really care to go into it too much here but he's pretty much an ordinary man with an abnormal weapon with a dodgy past. Draw from that what you will, heh.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: