Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heroes of Might and Magic

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Heroes of Might and Magic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone else on the borad play these strategy RPG?
If so,
Which game is your favorite?
What town do you prefer?
Who is your favorite hero?
What is your favorite spell?
If you play the campaign, which is your favorite?
What skills do you like?
Etc..
I like Heroes of Might and Magic 3 best, but I like things they tried to do in 4, like charm.
I like to play Necropolis. I love Necromancers, they raise their army as the defeat other armies.
I don't have a favorite hereo.
I like the fly spell, and in batlle I love chain lightning.
No favorite campaign.
Skills, in three I try to get wisdom, and all 4 elemental magic types. In 4 I love the Law Magic skills, and I also like Nobility.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i played many variations of hmm III; it was a fun game for me, as well as a time eater before i started school and work...i've never played any of the newer versions. are they worth it, or should i just stick with the trusty III?

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heroes of the Might and Magic is one of my favorite series, right up there with Suikoden and Metal Gear. I've played all of the games, besides the last installment of 4, and I wasn't able to get the patch to play online, plus now with 3DO out of buisness I doubt there is a server to play it on anyway. My favorite was 3 but only when it was complete. Though the campaigns went down significantly in quality after 2 and especially after three, the games were still quality.

In 4 the ruined a lot of what made the series fun but also added the Hero system which added so much to the game, and could have been great had they perfected it. It's a great turn based strategy game, which is still an accomplishment. On average I like RTS (real time strategy) games better than turn based, but this game is the exception to the rule. Though I never got too into Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of Empires and Star Wars: Galatic Battlegrounds. (Yeah, I've played almost every Star Wars game ever made)

I don't know who picked up the rights to the Heroes of the Might and Magic series after the bankruptcy, but I hope whoever picked it up will continue the legacy of great computer gaming for all time.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

3DO went bankrupt? that is news to me; it sounds like a great deal of the companies that produce decent games are going under *black isle ref.* makes me worry, since there are so many crap games on the market; it gets harder to find something worth spending my hard earned cash on. :cry:

funny that you mention the changes in the system for hmm IV, brecht; makes me think of the changes that were put into suikoden III, good and bad.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Hero skills were really cool. But with towns you had to choose between 1 type of creature or another. You could have multiple hereos in your party, which I liked. And the animations for the heroes we good. Witches for example would pull their wig off and scratch their head. :D
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whoops *moved ya over a forum*

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
3DO went bankrupt? that is news to me; it sounds like a great deal of the companies that produce decent games are going under *black isle ref.* makes me worry, since there are so many crap games on the market; it gets harder to find something worth spending my hard earned cash on. :cry:

funny that you mention the changes in the system for hmm IV, brecht; makes me think of the changes that were put into suikoden III, good and bad.

3DO went under, yeah, but other than the Heroes of the Might and Magic series and a few more scattered games, they weren't that great a company. Mostly they only had the Army Men games keeping them alive in terms of sales, since they could produce so many of them so easily, since they're using the same environment over and over. And I didn't really like the Army Men series (critics heavily agree with me on this one) besides Army Men: Air Attack.

As for Suikoden, well, I wasn't a big fan of Suikoden III, period. Maybe I should end it there before I get into a completely off-topic discussion.

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UberYuber wrote:
whoops *moved ya over a forum*

Sorry I keep forgetting there is a forum for video games. I don't go into it very much.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:

Sorry I keep forgetting there is a forum for video games. I don't go into it very much.

Not a problem. :mrgreen: It gives me something to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: