Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Soul Calibur 2 (Different from the other SC topic)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Soul Calibur 2 (Different from the other SC topic) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was recently looking for another multiplayer game on the GameCube to play, and I picked Soul Calibur 2. After palying for around 15 minutes I started to get back into the charatcers and remmeber their moves and such. My question to you guys is what characters do you like/like to use? What chraracters do you hate/hate to fight? Any particular strategies you like to use?

Personally my favourite characters are Xianguha (Spelled wrong) and Talim, I really like fast characters. They also have two of my favourite weapons, Twin Blades and that long thin sword.

I was also looking through some other characters I thought I might like, and I came across Maxi (Now named the Spaz). He's so fast, and his combos go one forever. I hate fighting Ivy because of her long range moves and having to stay relaly close to her (and be in a spot forn her to do a grab move on you).

Anyways, after my talk about SC2, I ask you the questions above.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My question to you guys is what characters do you like/like to use?

The characters I use the most tend to one of the following three: Nightmare, Seung Mina or Mitsurugi.

What chraracters do you hate/hate to fight?

Ivy, for the reasons mentioned above. Annoying weapon, and neither Nightmare or Seung Mina are that great for me close range.

Also, Voldo, because he's so random, I'll either get a Perfect or he'll get a Perfect on me.

Any particular strategies you like to use?

Nope. :D I very much think on the go in my matches. Which is why if my brain stalls, I lose and bad.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What characters do you like/like to use?

Nightmare I am Unstopable with Nightmare. Go figure what with him being in the Order of the Blackwind. I'm also prety good with Talim and am atempting to master Cassandra.

What chraracters do you hate/hate to fight?
Voldo. I fricken hate Voldo and all the crap he pulls. I also think Taki blocks way to much. I used to have problems with Ivy as well but I just stoped giving her a chance to fight back.

Any particular strategies you like to use?
It all depends on what weapon I'm using and who I fighting. If I'm unsure I just let loose with the most brutal attack I have then play conservatily in the next round to throw them off.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like to use Yoshimitsu just because he's...different. However, my skills mostly reside with Cassandra and that other one whose name escapes me again. I don't know why though.

I don't like Voldo. He's different, but in a bad way. I hate fighting Ivy.

I employ strategy only when playing my friends and that strategy tends to focus on how to bug the heck out of them. When I play against the AI, I fly by the seat of my pants.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who do I use?
Talim, Xianghua, Cassandra, SUENG MINA! Talim uses blade tonfar! Also very fast and has pretty combos - Xianghua is well balanced and her tantrum attack is just the best! - Cassandra the Valkyrie outfit! Oh oh I love it ( personal heritage ahoy ) plus she has the Brad Pitt in Troy stab into the shoulder - Sueng Mina... my super cheap girl. If you do the weapon master mode, her Soul Blade weapon has crazy stats, its something like +30% damage and absorbs HP!

Who do I hate fighting?
Cervantes and Voldo. Both are unpredictable as all hell and cut me up a lot. I need to use Sueng Mina's massive range and power to beat them on cheapness! ^^

Sueng Mina strategy!
Unending onslaught! The attack where she spins her naginata around and around does crazy damage if not blocked and can be comboed with a lot of other attacks. With the Soul Blade equipped she's near unstoppable!

Talim strategy!
Get in close and go for gold. If they're defensive stay back a bit and use charging in moves. Best weapons are the crescent moon looking blades with a big ++ to attack.

Xianghua strategy!
Umm ... get knocked over and throw tantrums watching the opponent take damage XD - More seriously she is so well balanced I can vary my moves and thing about what I'm doing.

Lastly
Cassandra strategy!
Spam that Troy move!!! Its fast has good priority and knocks BIG chunks off the enemies health. It's the cheapest of cheap moves across my used characters ^^ Norse for the win!

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the series. I use Nightmare and Yunsung mostly. I'm pretty good, I can beat all my friends, which is really all that counts. I also liked Necrid, the king of all cheapness. The hodgepodge of moves.

I hated fighting Lizardman. Just something about him that irked me.

There was one day where I let my opponent (a friend from Youth) put on infinite health and I won three times by ring out. Thats always a good strategy if your friends want a handicap. All ring out matches are cool too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Varias Taelas

The SkullSplitters

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like to play Spawn, Nightmare, and necrid. Spawn is overpowered with his ultimate weapon though being able to kill in two sometimes 3 hits is not to much fun most of the time.

I hate fighting Kilik cuz if you far away he can make it hard to get close sometimes with that damn 3 hit jab he has.

I have no set strategy really i just play by ear according to the person im playing's
style like at the start if im spawn and the person is a cautious one and stays back instead of charge i usually send a fireball or whatever it is. or do a flip kick or the flying upper cut if they charge at me but after that i have no strat heh.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like using Nightmare & Maxi, Nightmare because of his Range & power, Maxi because of some insane combos I can pull off with him.

I hate fight Link, for some reason he always gets ring outs on me.

Strategy besides try ti get high combos nothing.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which Character do i like?

First of all, i like Xianghua. I shouldn't be surprised that htere are so many people who like using her. But she moves are all over the place, which can frustrate my opponents. :mrgreen:
I like using Nightmare. The main reason is because i like big swords. He may be a bit slow, but he sure has style!
Cassandra is becoming one of my favorite characters. Once i realized how annoying she was to fight against, i decided to try her. And yes, she annoyed my opponents! :twisted:
And then there is Heihachi. He's got comboes coming out the wazoo. I think that says it all.
I also like Yunsung. Scimitars are cool too. And he has a bit of Hwoarang in him.

Which Character do i hate?
First of all, Voldo. Sick, sado-maso freak! And his attacks don't work for me when i play as him.
As i had said beforeCassandra was so hard to fight against.

Any strategties i like to use?

Actually, not really. But i do have some.

Xianghua
She is definitely not a strength person. So i tend to have her give quick, simplitic attack at the beginning, and then strike middle and low. I may occasionally let her pull out wide arcs, but usually when the enemy is rushing at me. I try to evade/defend half of the time.

Nightmare
The opposite of Xianghua. He is strong, but slow. I tend to pick off the enemy at a distance, since he has the range. If i am in a good position, i fool around with the move in which Nightmare swings his sword all around his body.

Cassandra
The idea i have when using her is to frustrate the enemy. i block about half of the time, and after they attack, i go Kapow! When the enemy is far away and rushing at me, i pull out the big sword lunge, which i love to do. :)

Heihachi
I feel that offesnse is the best defense in his case. So i have his charge that the enemy and stay close to them. This pretty much gets rid of the range disadvantage. And then i pull off quick punches and then into comboes.

Yusung
There really isn't much strategy i have with him. I just tend to give large swings from far and kicks when close. The coolest thing about him is his final weapon, the invisible blade that has absrud range!

But i use them seldomly. I tend to develop a bad habit of button mashing. :P

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use Kilik, almost solely. Mostly because he's exactly at my skill level. He requires a bit of actual knowledge to use him to his full potential, but he's still doable with the button mashing. That's my kind of character. Plus, he's really, really hot

Characters I hate? Pretty much just Ivy, for the reasons mentioned above. I have a friend that can pull off all of Ivy's moves flawlessly. It's impressive and terrifying at the same time. :D

There's really no particular strategy I use when playing, which is why I suck so bad at fighting games. :D

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which Character do I like?
Mitsurugi, he is the only one for me he was from the original game on the Dreamcast I can't play properly with anyone else, but I also like Ivy she is h... Eh I mean she is a hard to master character but once you do you are flying away.

And I liked Link, main reason I got the game on the GameCube while I could have gotten it in any other console.

Which Character do I hate?
No one, remember I don't hate at all, but I dislike Voldo, his style is shameful I would never use such a dishonorable thing in battle.

To face off in battle I don't dislike anyone I take them as they come bring it on &%&$#@$&@'s.

Any strategies I like to use?
Yes is called I just kicked your a** with my Katana and I looked good doing so.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a Kilik/Nightmare/Talim user, I've always liked Kilik - good range attack and some easy basic moves fit my style of keeping my enemies at a distance on these games. Nightmare is who I used in general on the game though because I could basically hammer any of the AI controlled enemies with him, I think his forward forward triangle attack (on playstation) was a real winner when I used him. Talim was just fun, had a good weapon and some interesting moves to use - I wasn't particularly good with her just enjoyed playing as her. Oh, Cervantes is pretty damn powerful too, that move where he stabs his enemy in the gut and throws them up into the air works like a charm.

I abhored Voldo and Taki, Voldo for the reasons others have stated he's so random, I hated trying to play as him too. Taki because there was one level where you had a really low time limit to get through 8 people and she just kept blocking. It was infuriating, I eventually did that level by knocking her off the edge I think.

No strategies from me against actual people since I've barely played it two player, I just tend to hit the computer hard and not let up against them to give them a chance.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which characters do I use?

I use Raphael (I think I'm the only one), Maxi, and Taki is my best.

Rapheal- at first I thought he was the dumbest character ever, but his dancing method works. And I like raspiers.
Maxi- He was so hard to fight I had try him. i don't use ridiculously large combos though.
Taki- She's really fast and has a good moveset. I can beat all my friends teams with just her.

Characters I hate fighting

Necrid. I hate you. Go away. He is super fast and has no moves of his own. personally i wouldn't mind the series never mentions him again.

I don't raelly have stategies, I just go with it.

P.S to the above post, if you guard impact that Taki it does like, more than half her health.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I do think I tried that, either that weapon of Nightmare's has health drain or some ability I didn't desire on it as well as guard damage and it caused me to balk at the idea or possibly it still didn't do away with people fast enough or something. I'm almost certain I thought about that tactic because when I made my last post I remember considering the idea of it then.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooo soul calbur, i haven't played that game for ages....i really need to play it...

Characters i use...

I use one character (mostly) and it's kilik. I admit the first time i saw him i was like any fangirl "OMG! Its kilik! He's so cute!" But once *that* was out of the way, Kilik turned out to be a fairly decent fighter. Not fast, but not slow either (executing some of his moves however...) and i use him almost at every chance. Plus i liked his weapon, voice, and just about everything about him (Then i saw his character profile, what a shock that was)

Characters i hate/Dislike

Voldo. I *hate* Voldo with all my heart. I hate watching him preform moves, and being as cheap as possible while doing it! Just how he twists and turns and....auuugh i dont wanna remember that---the bad thing is my friend uses him when he cant use spawn so i dont really try at that point. Oother characters i hate....Spawn. I dunno, Spawn can be cheap when he wants to be and he has such a wide range of attacks its hard to predict him.

I dont despise Raphael but he can be on of the *cheapest* charater in a fight. I adore him but no...

Strategies ahoy..

Pull of as many combos and kill anything that is moving. :3 mmmhmmm.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: