Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games you are looking forward to the most from E3 '05...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Devil May Cry IV, and Tekken VI cant wait for them I not sure if they showed Dragon Force but if they did then that as well.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spore. Hands down. If you haven't heard of this game, it looks awesome. You start the game(its online) as a single cell organism and you eat and progress until your multi-cellular. Than you keep on growing and growing until your species becomes a community, and you have to learn to adapt to your habitat and such. Finally you learn the wonders of technology and you get to fly across the universe in your space ship and either attack or befriend other planets. It's glorious. Sadly, not slated for release until fall of 2006, I think. It should be the biggest thing to hit PC Gaming since the Sims Saga(way back with Sim City).

Another game I liked seeing were Soul Calibur(I always mispell that) III. It looks really really good. I can't wait. They're bringing back the majority of the older characters and 3 brand newbies. They don't look too great, besides the guy with Scythe(Zanathos or something... I know thats wrong). The two women don't look too bad but the green chick(Tira?) looks like she will be alot like a mix of Talim and Ivy. Close combat with really hard-to-put-together super combos and sluttiness. The other one, the parasol chick doesn't really look that great to me right now. Perhaps she'll have something to do with Mitsurugi though. They seem like they would be allied or have some relationship of some nature. Also the make your own character feature that I've been hearing about. Obviously they will have pre-set moves corresponding to a particular weapon but the look will be pretty customizable I hear. I would really like to see the Trident, a weapon I saw used once(ever!) by Edgemaster on the arcade version of Soul Calibur I. That would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Legend of Zelda looked like it was finally moving in a new direction, a darker one thats more suited for mainstream world. I think it will be the best since The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. What I would really like to see is some use of the princess as the archer she is. She is one of the best archers in the land or Hyrule, according to the Nintendo Power comics I have(I have some of the first ones, like #3 I think, but they were used alot and therefore probably have no value) and she used her bow all the time.

Okay I've talked too long. Peace
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traz wrote:
I love all the Tales games, and damnwell hope if that Tales of Legendia does well and is successful in sales and popularity they release Tales of Rebirth (or even Tales of Symphonia) in the US.

Uhm...? ToS was released in the US. It's on GameCube. If you mean PS2, forget it. That will more than likely never happen.

And, apparently, Rebirth will never come over here, either. ;_;
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was at E3, it was awesome. The games I am really looking forward to from it are Soul Calibur 3, Zelda, Prince of Persia 3, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and Castlevania DS.

*Spoilerful*

Zelda was flat out incredible, seeing the videos was amazing and getting to play it was freaking sweet. The graphics were amazing second only to Resident Evil 4 for the GC. I am really looking forward to it's graphical style, especially when Link turns into a werewolf, because it will mix cel shading and normal 3D graphics, which is an incredible idea. Plus, I just have to say werewolves are sweet, and having Link be one has to be one of the coolest ideas in a long time.

Soul Clibur 3 was sweet, but I was disappointed in their lack of playable characters. Tira and Mitsurugi were the only ones for vs and Kilik was all they had for single player. Tira was a really strange character and I couldn't get used to her playing style. She isn't that strong and her range is medium to short, kind of like Voldo. But, her juggling abilities look to be really good if you can get it down.

POP 3 looked really sweet, but I was a little disappointed in it. The additions they are making to the game are adding stealth kills and the ability to have two playable characters. The second character is the prince's "dark half" and uses chains for weapons. This sounds cool, but I think it's a little too much of a rip off of God of War, the combat looked really similar when playing as the Dark prince. I'd hate to see POP just stealing from God of War and Tenchu, the series deserves beter than that.

Both of the Castlevanias were amazing. I've been a Castlevania fan ever since the Nintendo and I have to say that Curse of Darkness is freaking sweet. The devil system is done really well and allows you to easily flip up their attack styles with the press of a button, the exploration seems reminiscent of Symphony of the Night and the combat of Lament of Innocence. Castlevania DS honestly felt just like Symphony fo the Night, which is one of the best compliments ever.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who isn't looking forward to The Twilight Princess? Honestly.

Aside from that future blockbuster, I'm looking forward to Lunar: Dragon Song and Mario and Luigi 2. Lunar because it's the first new Lunar game since Lunar: Walking School on the Game Gear. Mario and Luigi 2 because the original was a comedic and nostalgic walk down Nintendo memory lane. My DS needs love.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hands down, Spore. ^^ That game looks really amazing. Will Wright's newest monstrosity of a game, seriously, the possibilities are endless, you evolve your species from a single celled organism into pretty much anything you want. Every little thing you change effects the way your species interacts with the environment. And as Acheron said, as you progress far enough into the game you'll be able to travel across the stars landing on countless planets and exploring the endless types of habitats and creatures. I mean really, if your mind isn't right now bubbling with excitment for what this game has in store, I pitty you. ^^

Overall I was pretty dissapointed with the games that were showcased at E3 2005, but Spore really stood out to me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, they're making a new Lunar game? Sweet, what system is that gonna be on? Please say its not on the DS, I just can't get into handheld gaming.

The new Zelda should be pretty cool.

I loved ToS so the new Tales game should be pretty sweet. The only thing I hate is all these games for the most part come out at the same time and I only have so much money to go around.

Because Madden 06, WWE Day of Reckoning 2 are 2 total for sures. Any Mario Superstar Baseball could be interesting if done correctly.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
Wait, they're making a new Lunar game? Sweet, what system is that gonna be on? Please say its not on the DS, I just can't get into handheld gaming.

Well I have bad news for you because it is on the DS. The heck if I know why, because now that means I'm be missing out on two games from franchises that I like. The other being Castlevana Dawn of Sorrow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Quark79/01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Quark79/02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Quark79/03.jpg

I don't understand the whole hoopla over Spore. Frankly I think a game designed to be so detailed is going to be an excercise in micro-management. Hopefully EA will do a whole lot of fine-tuning and streamlining if they want to bring it to the masses. But that's just me.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had to go look up what was shown at E3 just for replying for this thread
[[I don't usually pay attention to what E3 shows...I just tend to keep tabs on games that I personally like that I already know are coming out]]

So from the games they showed at E3, I'm looking forward to these games, in the order that I like em:

1 - Fire Emblem (GCN) - *holds up a sign that reads "Fire Emblem fan HERE" *
a formerly 2D game moved to a 3D world, that's always interesting. And the CG graphics look pretty well done too x3 I can't wait to try it

2 - .hack//GU (PS2) - I've been a fan of .Hack series since I started watching .Hack//Sign -even before the games started coming out-(although I admit I was sort of lost in the beginning of the anime ^^;; ) I just heard about .Hack//GU yesterday actually. It looks like it'll be a much "darker story" then the previous games and the whole game will not be about fighting monsters but other players...(at least that's what I heard) A much darker story indeed :twisted:

3 - Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2) - I really enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts and I'm excited about the 2nd one -plus the plot teasers for the 2nd one are pulling at my curiosity. Although the wait for the game has died down my excitement for the game a bit. I might now actually be less excited about getting this game compared to game #4...

4 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN) - I've never actually been a big fan of the Zelda games. Don't get me wrong..I like the stories and stuff but I'm not very good at playing "adventure-esque" type "battle-style" type games....errrmm...like the whole 'I have to control my character to run around and jump and swing swords manually' contrary to an RPGs 'select option and watch character move by themselves' battle style
yeah...I have little skill with controlling the characters manually >.<

and that's all I can think of now : p

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: