Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Spoiler]How many new True Runes are mentioned in the game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
I don't think there's really a "proper" amount of True Runes that has to be introduced per game except those which Konami decides to introduce. With only a finite number of True Runes in existence, it stands to reason that introducing them sparingly is a wise decision.

As for known True Runes, doesn't Hikusaak have the Circle Rune? And I don't think the Conqueror Rune Windy had in Suikoden I was a True Rune, was it?

Anyway, Suikoden isn't just about True Runes.

There`s a difference between "sparingly" and "next to nothing". With Suikoden games taking such a long time to come out, introducing just a single new Trune Rune is pretty lame. And I think at least three would be a more proper number. In the previous games we`ve always got three or more. And I know it`s not just about the TRs, but seeing new ones is one of the best things when we finally get a new Suikoden. The TRs are probably the most interesting aspect of the Suikoden universe, at least to me.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

There`s a difference between "sparingly" and "next to nothing". With Suikoden games taking such a long time to come out, introducing just a single new Trune Rune is pretty lame. And I think at least three would be a more proper number. In the previous games we`ve always got three or more. And I know it`s not just about the TRs, but seeing new ones is one of the best things when we finally get a new Suikoden. The TRs are probably the most interesting aspect of the Suikoden universe, at least to me.

While the TR's are very interesting, the most interesting things should be the characters, story, and battle systems. ^^ Thats the reason people love Suikoden 2 so much, although the mentioning of many TR's is an up, I don't believe that should be the determining aspect of the games greatness. Where as it may be a tiny bit dissapointing, I'd be a whole to more dissapointed if the characters, story, and battle systems sucked.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Suikoden is all about warfare. I think if Suikoden ever goes the ever-so-cli'che "yo, let's go gather all the 27 true runes and defeat the big, big, big evil person" ... that'll be pretty ordinary.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
I thought Suikoden is all about warfare. I think if Suikoden ever goes the ever-so-cli'che "yo, let's go gather all the 27 true runes and defeat the big, big, big evil person" ... that'll be pretty ordinary.

Gee, that sounds like a journey through Spira to end up in Zanarkand after having collected all those summony-thing-a-ma-bobs!

I never really paid too much attention the the True Runes. I always just liked the fact that there were so many characters and that the game series itself felt so different and out of the ordinary when compared to the other series out there. Although I knew the True Runes existed I was more interested in finding out what would happen in the history of the land.

I've also been dying to find out what the full world map looks like. ;) I think that's one of the best things about Suikoden. You don't get a ridiculously oversized map to travel along to two cities per continent. :) It felt more "homely," for lack of a better term, to stay on a small section of the map than to miraculously find a "flying machine" to cross the entire globe in just a few moments (although I liked the Dragon used for flight in Wild ARMs 3, that was fun). Of course that never stopped me from being curious what the entire world map would look like. ^^;

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does the Rune of Punishment closely resemble any of the tarot cards that the True Runes seem to be based on?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III didn't reveal ANY new true runes, at least how I see it. Ever since the True Wind Rune was revealed in Suikoden II, one could guess that the other elementals had a 'true' form of their own as well. The Rune of Punishment is completely new, however, at least to me.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
Does the Rune of Punishment closely resemble any of the tarot cards that the True Runes seem to be based on?

Probably the "Judgement" Card.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of the "True" form for all the runes, why did Stallion's True Holy rune from the first two games be given that kind of title if it isn't a real "true" rune at all?
What would the 'real' true holy rune be called?
Just something I had to ask...
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks to those wonderful translators, it was translated wrong. It should be called "Godspeed Rune"

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
He revealed to the players that it was a True Rune. In reality, the True Wind Rune was first revealed in the Japanese version of Suikoden 1. The translators didn't say that the Stone Golem back on Magician's isle was summoned using Luc's rune.

oh i dont remembe..can u guys tell me where he mentions it in SII and where in japanese S1??

@ Ced

yeah the word in japanese for "god" and "true" both are "shin" ui think (Sars you may correct me if im wrong ^^)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One, the Rune of Punishment.
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Suikoden Planet might have more towns on it that any other planet in all of RPGs.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blade wrote:
I think the Suikoden Planet might have more towns on it that any other planet in all of RPGs.

Erm, no offense, but what does this have to do with anything on this topic...? The discussion is about True Runes, not how big the Suiko-world is.
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry my mind got stuck on the parts when everyone was talking about the maps and flying machines and stuff, sorry.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: