Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Books
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Books Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey whaz up? Does anyone know any good books. I have started reading, well buying, the Discworld series and I quite enjoy it, so I will probably buy all of them. So do you know any other good SF or myth books?

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suggest the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
NoFlyZone

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you read the Lord of The Rings series yet? If you havent you should because they are like 100 times better than the movies which had a ton of stuff cut/left out of them. Thanks

NoFlyZone
Seiferalmasy1930

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if you like philosophical books , but The Sovereignity Of Good written by Iris Murdoch is really good stuff .

Visit Kika or get your Kika goodies at :

http://www.geocities.com/seiferia/kikaindex.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, for the past year or so I've been really into the Forgotten Realms books, especially the ones by R.A. Salvatore.

First I read the Icewind Dale Trilogy (which was excellent). Then I went back and read the prequel to Drizzt's story, The Dark Elf Trilogy (Even better than Icewind Dale!) Then I read the Cleric Quintet, also a good read. And currently right now I'm reading Legacy of The Drow, I'm about halfway through it. Yes, I think it's safe to say that I'm a huge Drizzt fan :D

I'd really reccomed them if your into the fantasy genre. And even if you aren't, it's a good place to start!

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

American Gods, by Neil Gaiman.

Sophita and Lord Dredd can confirm its awesomeness.

All the way to the edge of this world
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:
I suggest the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

I agree. It's like a hardcore version of The Lord of the Rings.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan
The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind
The Rift War Sagas by an author by the last name of Feist
Other good authors: R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood, James Axler,

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go for Xanth books. Xanth is cool ^^
I'm also going to have to recomend Douglas Adams, H.P. Lovecraft, and Brett Davis.
I have manymany other authors and series to recomend, but most of my books are upstairs...so I can't recall them at the moment.

I also have tons of manga recomendations, but I'm not sure if this is really the right place for that
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King are amoung the best I've ever read in any genre, and I'm really not a huge King fan.

Also, The Ender's Game books by Orson Scott Card are excellent. Well, anything written by Card is good.^^;

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

American Gods is a pretty good book.

If you're thinking of Sci-Fi I'd suggest Dune. Pretty cool book that.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Lord of the Rings series of books are very good indeed and i particularly enjoyed The Silmarillion which is a prequel to all the books which detailed the war against the first Dark Lord who was much more powerful that Sauron. Who do you think the Balrogs of Morgoth are named after? Anyways yeah it's a very good but very long book so if your interested I suggest that you look it up if you get the chance you know. I need to find something new to read that will peak my interest maybe I will look up Water Margin.

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Dredd wrote:
Other good authors: R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood, James Axler,

I personally never cared for Ed Greenwood's books at all. He might have created the setting of the Forgotten Realms, but as far as writing novels for it, I always felt he was one of the weakest. Of course, I haven't read a large number of his, since I started avoiding his books once I figured out I was not enjoying them. Which Greenwood books in particular would you reccomend as his better works, in case I ever decide to give him another try?

Anyways, getting back to the original point of the topic, if you are looking for Sci-Fi, than I have always enjoyed the classic stories of people like Ray Bradburry or the author of the stories that Blade Runner and Minority Report were based off (who's name, unfortunately, is being auto-edited, so I can't type it out). You might want to give them a try.
Gustav Pendragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brothers Karamazov, all time favorite novel. Isn't sci fi or fantasy and can be a bit difficult at times, but it is well worth it.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keep reading the Pratchett books. I've been reading them since I've been ten, and I just recently understood half the funny stuff. LOTR is good as well. Maybe some Pike books, but they're a different genre altogether.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: