Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Playing the not so nice hero.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kanaan - evil?

Obese - yes.
Annoying - yes.
Greedy - yes.

But evil? The worst things he ever intentionally done was take your 10,000 potch reward from Grady in Rockland and to bring Ted to Windy as he was ordered to do so. He then became a petty crook after the war. Not exactly squeaky clean but compared to Kraze "Hey, Lepant, your wife is cute, I think I'll rape her." Miles, he's not that high up the ol' evil-o-meter.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if you kill Milich Mathiu will make the speech he makes to Kasim, or at lest something along those lines. My question is: can you kill Grady or will Mathiu stop you? By the time he came along I didn;t even try to kill him beacuse I realized, "Hey they've given me the option to kill two people and they both turned out to be stars ... and great fighters, to boot. I probably shouldn't kill him." Unfortunately, he's nowhere near as good a fighter as Kwanda or Milich.

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grady? The governor of Rockland? I don't think you ever get the choice to kill him.

Or do you mean Griffith? Mathiu stops you, since he needs him to pull off his infiltration mission against Kasim.

I am kidding about Kanaan being more evil than Kraze, but I still say he's a damn annoying character and one I'd sooner rid myself of than Kraze. I wouldn't put it beyond Kanaan to rape someone, but he lacks the brain power to come up with the idea himself.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

when I first played Suikoden 1, i killed all the people you could, because like "hey look at who they are/did" I forgot what Sonya's situation was though.

I wanted Snowe so I spaired his life...but never got to recrutie him. the sea life can have him now.

as for Suikoden 2, I wasn't as blood thristy I think, but didn't get most of the SoD. I'm a S2 idiot.

a bit differnt but the choises you can make are pretty funny, trying to be ruthless...I think I even told Gremio I'd lop his head off for what he did. haha I made "Billy" out to be some dude with bloodlust.

as for hero 4, I wanted to tell the mermaid that if needed I'd do what ever it was she though I was doing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, yeah. The scene at Kwaba. I always pick the option "Unforgivable!" I thought it was pretty strange that Gremio would go kill himself just because Tir thought what he did was unforgivable. Shows how much he cares for the Young Master.
Breeze

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe I only spared Kraze once. Otherwise, I killed him every time, because I, like everyone else it seems, think he is evil and disgusting. ;) Kanaan is just highly annoying, but he humors me as well because he's so stupid :lol:

I believe the only general I've ever killed is Millich, because he killed Gremio and I was angry. That's it, though.

As for the Kwaba incident... I at one point chose to say "Unforgivable" a lot, just to see what happens. I believe I finally forgave him when he threatened to commit suicide.

What do you think are my strengths and weaknesses?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it just stops there. Once Gremio threatens to commit suicide, Viktor will stop him and tell Tir to forgive Gremio already since they got past the fortress anyway.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish we could kill Kiba and Klaus in II. I somewhat missed that little thing from the original game, and I'm glad it made its way back into the series in IV. It is debatable that neither Snowe or Helmut did as much bad deeds as the Great Generals to justify the execution, but whatever.

Ridley doesn't count, because that wasn't a direct order from you to kill him off. Not to mention that it didn't cost a Star for the deed. He was a great Kobold leader, but he lost points for ending up as Shu's plaything in the war battles. Boris wasn't exactly remarkable as a character either.

Like most people, I keep two saves when I play the games. When given the opportunity to off an enemy, I agree to it and let the following scenes play. Afterwards, I reload the backup and get the guy. That's fair enough. (Might not work with Snowe though, since if you kill him in is noble outfit, you'd miss out seeing him as a pirate)

As for Kraze, I enjoy letting Pahn to have his fun. He needs to make up for betraying me earlier, you see. Ah, I shall miss how well McDohl's little household party was integral in a Suikoden plot. But no point complaining.

On a general front, maybe a not-so-nice hero could come in a form of a selfish lead character in a future title? Instead of having a cliche villain who wants to destroy/conquer the [insert country/region/world] here, why not we raise our own army of 108 Stars and create our own Destiny?

For instance, imagine a Suikoden game that took place in the Northern Outlands, where you are Harmonia and you recruit the natives and pit them against each other while you secretly fulfill your orders to expand Harmonians' territory. Then the antagonists could be people who'd rather die fighting instead of accepting your rule. Or something like that.

Oh, yes. Not being nice shouldn't be limited to only killing recruitables. Definitely.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Or do you mean Griffith

Oops, yes, I meant Griffith.

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief, I like your idea. Why not be the bad guys yourself or use manipulation to get your goal. BURN THOSE STATE PIGS! :twisted: Kill kill kill, murder murder murder :evil:
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bah.. i'm a sissy, i've pretty much refused to kill anyone what do i have to say? i forgive prety much everyone i see...( exept maybe for craze... tought i let him live and hope life will be a b!tch for him)

as for kanaan.. i guess if i had the oportunity to kill him.. i would jhave done so, jsut to see how he would try to struggle like the little pig he is and roo in dirt saying " oink oink oink" to finnally say: DIE PIG!!!

otherwise, i couln'd even consider choosing the option of killing someone.. ( sure i did it the second time to see what would happen.. after what is an RPG is you don't see every thing it has to offer)

but usually everytimei thought of choosing the " kill him!".. i'd feel like i did somethign awfull and immediately choose the option " aaww what the hell, join us!" instead...

P.S

even if see someone i hate and have theoption of killing him( suikoden of course) i'd let him live thinking as a mere consolation that life would be VERY VERY hard for his for the rest of his god forsaken life.

that way, it would be so much enjoyable than death...

besides, you guys can't even start to immagine how i reacted when i spoke to someone ( in suikoden 2) and said they captured a man name kanaan for smuggling or soemthign like that...

reenactment: YESS!!YESS YES!!!YESS!!! IN YOUR FACE KANAAN!!!
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I killed Kraze a couple of times. Although I let him go just because I felt that beating him was enough.

I rarely kill anyone since if they had a face, they maybe a star. Even if it was a faceless person I'd leave them just incase the person was related to a star somehow. I wanted to kill Kawanda and Millich, but I let them live to have all 108. Also, they were under a spell so it wasn't really their fault.

I don't think you get an option to kill in S3, but I don't remember it well. As far as I can remember, all the stars join you, and aren't against you in any way. You don't exactly capture members like you do in S1, S2, and S4.

I honestly never killed Snowe. Heck, I never even tried to go after the merchants that killed the mermaids. Part of me wanted to kill Snowe at first, but I pitied him as well. I can't really bring myself to do it even with the new game plus. I guess I have a soft spot for him and that's why I can't do it. To be honest, I wish Troy didn't die either. I admired him as a soldier and would of loved to have recruited him. Still, he was loyal to his country through and through and I respect that.

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i've ALWAYS shot the mermaids hunter...( dman them mermaids are cuuuuute)
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The mermaid hunter I did kill. Trapping, slaughtering and skinning intelligent beings is just too much to forgive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: