Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Official Pesmerga/Yuber Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not surprising that Pesmerga wasn't in Suikoden III, I mean Pesmerga wasn't supposed to be in Suikoden II. You were supposed to be able to recruit Lucia instead, but the story got rewritten or something and they just shoved Pesmerga in there instead.

Atleast that's what I've heard from several sources...
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I think Konami may just drop the whole Yuber and Pesmerga thing and just focus more on Yuber.

Could be.

The final battle thing seems to make the most sense to me.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion, Pesmerga should not make a return unless he actually provide a little bit more to the story beyond "I the badazz" and "OMG I the liek chazin' Yubie". Worse, he didn't even show up when Yuber finally got more screentime. Their "grand" story could have been a bit fleshed out back then, one would hope.

I agree wholeheartedly that they should completely drop Pesmerga unless there is actually a good reason for him to stay.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In other words, albiet him being a very strong character, you don't want to see him if he only has 5 lines. Makes total sense...But technically you could say that for a lot of characters. Not in the sense that they returned, for instance: Viki has been in all three games, and there's been no explination for it, but more for the fact that he's here and we want an explaination.
Assistant to Milich

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah, let's not get crazy here.

First off, in response to Maximillian Quixote. I highly doubt that Lucia should have been in Pesmerga's slot in SII. If you did hear this rumour, it would have originated after the release of SIII, when Lucia did take Pesy's star. Plus, at the time of SII, when Murayama was still fully in charge he said that the series couldn't end until the Pesmerga and Yuber chapter of Suikoden was finished. That would hint at Pesmerga being a more important character than someone you'd replace so easily.

Secondly, why are we ratting on Pesmerga? Until SIII Yuber wasn't anything more than a few cool lines of a character. If Pesmerga were to return in any future installment, I'm sure the devellopers would flesh him out as they did Yuber. Besides, without Pesmerga, Yuber is just a random destructive force.
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope they bring Pesmerga back and give him a larger role. I think it would be interesting if they gave Pesmerga role in this game like they gave Yuber in Suikoden 3 (except he is on your side). I wouldn't want them to totaly scrap him as a character though, I do want him to have more to do with the story or go more indepth into his backround/powers. Although I think I'd rather have him as just some random recruitable character as opposed to some person like Tony or Hoi.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Moon himself said that Pesmerga was supposed to be replaced by Lucia in Suikoden II. Check his Gamefaqs topic, midway through the last page.

I am actually glad Pesmerga wasn't in Suikoden III. In the first two games Pesmerga and Yuber both had very little screen time and almost no interaction, but if Pesmerga was in this game it would be impossible to prevent them from resolving their conflict, as Yuber was present and easily accessable throughout most of the game. And I would prefer for their relationship to remain more mysterious until later installations of the series.

And Pesmerga will definately not be dropped, as without Pesmerga Yuber would just be a random villian. Pesmerga is what makes Yuber interesting, and vice versa.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viki is your teleportress, like how Tony is your farmer. They are not random useless characters. I'd really like to see Pesmerga doing farming or running the ranch for once... if that's how you define "randomly recruitable" characters.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it was hilarious when Pesmerga judged in the cook off.
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Viki is your teleportress, like how Tony is your farmer. They are not random useless characters. I'd really like to see Pesmerga doing farming or running the ranch for once... if that's how you define "randomly recruitable" characters.

I was merley implying that it'd be better (in my opinion that is) to have a guy like Pesmerga as opposed to a person like Hoi, it slipped my mind that Tony was a farmer though.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By random he meant not really a major story character a la Flik ou Victor. Tony had a small part in the big picture as opposed to someone like Luc. But people like Viki, and Jeane are reoccuring characters. They must have more of a backstory. That's the best way I can put it.

Jeane is like Viki. And now we see that Jeane is more heavily involved with the story in Suikoden 4.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think by putting Pesmerga and Yuber in more than one game, they have to give us a full explaination. I mean it would be terrible if they didn't mention Hix/Tengaar or Viki or Clive or even the Zodiac Sword again. By giving them a storyline, they have to finish the storyline.
That's what makes Suikoden Suikoden.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

they have to give us a full explaination.

I've always loved when a fan says this. Konami owes you nothing, therefore they don't have to do anything you say. (This is where I turn around) but yea, they have to do that.
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, Konami has left a LOT of unanswered Suikoden plotlines.

I mean really, what in the hell is up with that High East Rebellion!? and where's Jillia Blight go? and DAMMIT! I want to know what's up with Watari! But NOOOOO!

See? They'll put it in some book in a forgien language! :cry: I'll never KNOW!

Oh yeah, I like Yuber a LOT because of Suikoden 3, and I hope Pesmerga comes back in IV and gets the same kind of time, because I liked Pesmerga more until SIII, then I got on the bandwagon!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Pesmerga and Yuber are of the Sindar race and maybe they were once one and the leader of the Sindar race, but when to much chaos built up inside the united being the two seperated forming to beings and now Pesmerga must search for Yuber and until he finds and kills him the Sindarians will wander the Earth endlessly. It says something like the Sindarians were shadows or something in one of the books in the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: