Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Smash Brothers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced, I've been practicing my wave dashing and I'm getting pretty good at wavedashing to the left. I've been using R to wavedash. Is that okay, or should I start using L? I want to be able to learn to waveshine and I think that might be easier with L, but I'm not sure. Also, does fox have a short hop? I can't seem to perform one with him.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry grudge. I didn't see this earlier. My internet connection has a bad habit of logging me out, so I miss a lot of threads. But here we go.

I use "R" to wavedash like you do. The reason I use R is just simply to avoid confusing myself. Though they do the same thing, I use "R" for wavedashing, and "L" to L-cancel and tech. So the way I see it:

R = offense
L = defense

You don't have to follow this, but it is recommended. Personally, it's easier to waveshine for me with R. Be careful when Waveshining, though. Some characters fall straight to the ground after getting shined. (Falco) Others move so far that you can't waveshine them unless they're trapped in a wall. (Doctor Mario and Luigi) I can only think of two people susceptible to waveshining and that's Peach and Zelda. Even then, it's possible for them to crouch cancel your shine into a low attack.

If you want to be fancy, mix wave shining with:

Shine - wavedash - dash attack
Shine - wavedash back - mind games.

That should be fancy enough to look good while being effective at the same time.

And everyone has a short hop. In fact, Fox has one of the easiest ones. The hardest ones are the one with the smallest frames like Falco and especially Samus.

Videos:

Actual Tournament Footage[/quote] See they're not that bad. But they are solid and can anticipate people well. They L-cancel everything and follow it up with blinding speed.

Puffstuff: Jigglypuff destroying the competition This is my favorite video of all time. Pokemon fans will like it because of Jigglypuff. Linkin Park fans will like it because the song is "Breaking the Habit". But it's worth a quick look just to see the neat things you can do with her.

Edit: http://www.angelfire.com/alt/aob/ (Puffstuff's master link)

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the tips. As for the tourney footage, I had already seen most of it. That Jigglypuff stuff was great.

I hear that the new Super Smash Brothers will have an internet hookup so you can play with people around the world. That would be awesome. Don't know if it's true though.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think much is known about the new Smash Bros. They did say one was coming out on the DS, and I can only assume they'll eventually release one on the Revolution, but it's to early for any real info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: