Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why Rina is so good... according to SARS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Why Rina is so good... according to SARS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rina is so good!! No, not because of what she may have done at the North Sparrow Pass. She is good because she is arguably the most useful combatant! Let me tell you why.

Rina is the only character who can deal 1000+ damage to all enemies using a physical attack! She can kill all normal encounter enemies with a flick of her wrist. What joy! Not only that, her normal attack would do 2000+ damage, making ver extremely versatile!

Rina is good for three reasons--

Rina has three open rune slots
Rina has a L-range weapon
Rina's weapon is type "dart"

This means she is able to have the Kite Rune, which allows it's bearer to attack all enemies on the screen. Because she has 3 free rune slots, she can treat herself to Fury and Double Strike runes. Attach a powerd-up Kindness Rune on her weapon.

If you have it set up right, Rina will deal about 1500 damage every time you use your Kite Rune. Talk about madness. No other character can pull this off! No other.

Even though Sheena and Killey may be able to dish out 30000+damage/round, they won't be able to kill off an an enemy group of 5 squirrels in one round (at least consistently). Rina can!

Last edited by Vextor on Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. And not only that, she's also one of the best mages in the game. Not just because she has a high magic stat but because she can actually attack and do descent damage in random battles instead of just sitting in the back row waiting to blow up the boss with level 4 magic.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting, I've never thought of Rina to be one of the more useful fighting characters in the game.

Looks like I'm going to have to replay Suikoden II so that I can try this out.

BTW, Rina is the best because of what she might have done at the North Sparrow Pass. She's not the best because of what she did, but she is good because she inspired Nanami, however Nanami just couldn't get it done. :)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also never though she was that useful, I always moved to Rikimaru or someone. But if this is true, she's gonna be seeing Riou alot more. :-P
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I alway thought of her as one of the better magic users in the game, obviously for her abilities with magic but also for her decent attacking abilities (as Excalibur said). It is pretty impressive that she could be that good though, I find it pretty impressive that you can make characters that much better than others due to one extra rune slot.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She might also be a good candidate to use with the hunter rune. I personally never used her, however she seems like a good enough character due to the fact that she can attack and use magic fairly well.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never used her, I left all magic up to Riou, Sierra or Luc. Though the way you say it, looks like I could use her....
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even without this physical method, Rina IS a very useful character just in normal gameplay without any fanciful set ups.

For one thing, she's one of the few characters who gets 2 level 4 spells, and meaning her magic is good. The other uber magicians are usually pathetically weak physically, and are forced to stand in the front row. Though she can't be considered an uber magician, her magic is good enough.

Best of all, she can stand at the back row comfortably throwing tarot cards at regular battles. And if you only use one of her rune slots for magic, the other two can be used to beef her up like fury, double beat etc... This means she can deal damage in random battles AND boss battle. And at significant amounts at that...
Smirn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's somewhat of a pity that Konami kind of forces you to emphasize on physical attacks rather than magical ones, which decreases the diversity in your way of fighting. There are many Runes that increase your physical attack power that you'll quickly lean over to that side. Honestly, the Alert Rune is quite laughable and together with the Wizard Rune it's about the only one that boosts up your Magic.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Interesting, I've never thought of Rina to be one of the more useful fighting characters in the game.

I used Rina and Eilie(sp....I should be ashamed) to after I killed Luca. Every character is good in their own way. I find though, that in Suikoden, you need to lean on the stronger characters a lot of the time. Not until the last few battles of the game can you really customize your guys to that certain point.
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, i didnt know that about Rina was so great..........i always used Elie! Big mistake.
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with SARS about what he says about Rina, but I only use her as a magic user.

Masamune wrote:
Wow, i didnt know that about Rina was so great..........i always used Elie! Big mistake.

I wouldn't say it was a big mistake, Masamune. Eilie is also a great character to have in your party, I always have her in mine.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't feel bad masamune, I never used her, I also never used Ellie. I just do't think I leveled them up to the point that they were very useful, also, I didn't know Sheena was good, tell me how to pumo him up please.

Personally, my team at the Beast Rune was:

Viktor(Fury & Titan Rune) Seirra (Darkness & Champions Rune) Persmerga(No Runes)

Riou (Rage, Bright Sheil & Ressurection Rune) Clive (Double Beat) Luc (Pale Gate,Wind and Pixie)

Who knew I had a team that didn't include great characters, I'm bad.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry... Suikoden 2 is an easy game.. You don't need uber strong characters to beat the game. Seriously... I once brought the 5 squirrels to beat the beast rune... It was hard, but managable...

The only reason people customise and play with characters is for the fun of it... I use BOTH Eilie and Rina...
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Viktor(Fury & Titan Rune) Seirra (Darkness & Champions Rune) Persmerga(No Runes)

Riou (Rage, Bright Sheil & Ressurection Rune) Clive (Double Beat) Luc (Pale Gate,Wind and Pixie)

That sounds like my final party too.

I had Pes, Humphrey, Luc
Riou, Tir, Clive

Ok....Not THAT much.

A lot of people didn't seem to use Tir, I guess because he wasn't THAT great. I liked him as a character plenty, and he did some good damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: