Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stuff that makes you wonder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who is Tomo's mother (Tsai's wife)?

Simply put, she's Tsai's wife. She's no-one of any importance, in other words.

Why are there monsters in L'Renouille?

I think this is actually explained as a security measure. A bit of an overkill security measure but pretty effective except for high-level Stars of Destiny, wouldn't you agree?

What exactly is Igor's job description? How does he know the Lo siblings?

This has been answered above. He runs the Mordo Island baths and the Lo siblings have been essentially bullying him into allowing them to run their little operation there. Igor is also a small time hustler on the side but nowhere near as successful as the likes of Gunther. He actually compared how much he makes with Gunthers earnings and almost cried.

What's Travis doing hanging around that grave in those ruins in the first place?

Searching for an Escape Talisman, apparantly. Why doesn't he just buy one? Well, they seem like items of wonder to him so I suppose he simply doesn't know about them being readily available. Maybe he's from a different time, oooh.

Why was Shiramine in the ocean when you meet him?

His fishing boat capsized and he was taken away by the currents. Good thing you found him, huh?

What's up with Chadli's helmet?

Riou likes headbands, Killey likes red, Lino En Kuldes likes vest and Chadli likes helmets. Simple.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush, we just let lose the Black Wolf secret that we lay in wait for you in Sajah...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some silly questions...don't mind me... :P

Why is it that a Karayan boy can't make it to the other side of Brass Castle, yet he is allowed to cross Harmonian soil while they are at war?

Why is it that a Karayan boy can go wherever he wants to and waste as much time as possible when there's a virtually defenseless Grassland village about to be attacked, but he can't take a couple of kids to level up in a forest when he's waiting to be seen by the Council and actually has some time on his hands?

When Hugo becomes FC, why does he only recognize the Destroyers at the Hideaway as being the ones on the Ancient Highway? He'd JUST seen two of them at Chisha Village!

Who put the sand in Lilly's Platino?

Where DOES the Tablet of Stars come from in S3? And who maintains it?

Forget potch and random items... at what part in a monster boss' day does he/she decide to guard a whole freaking treasure chest? And what makes him/her decide so?

Why does Cecile say she and Thomas will take the safer route to Brass Castle, yet they still take the same path as everyone else?

What's the deal with male vanity? In Suikoden 3, it's the length of a duck's tail. In Suikoden 4, it's the length of the Nay resident's beard. What are we really compensating for here, people?

Does Kevin ever get jealous of the fact that Lo Hak is obsessed with Pam's buns?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only time for two...

Quote:
Who put the sand in Lilly's Platino?

That would be Chris re the manga. They have a little tiff. Also, she's spoiled re her attitude.

Quote:
Where DOES the Tablet of Stars come from in S3? And who maintains it?

A little unknown fact. Luc brings the tablet of promise there and maintains it through his magic. No, that's a lie.

I like to think that Leknaat did it on the sly. The second Fire Bringer War had too much of a conflict of interests if you will for Leknaat. I don't think she could fight against Luc - hence why she was not involved with the heroes; but she would most likely be the one to bring the Tablet of Promise there, just a little bit out the way as to not be seen.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Why is it that a Karayan boy can't make it to the other side of Brass Castle, yet he is allowed to cross Harmonian soil while they are at war?

Harmonian soldiers are just too busy preparing for the war, and besides he's just a little boy, what could he do?

Quote:

Why is it that a Karayan boy can go wherever he wants to and waste as much time as possible when there's a virtually defenseless Grassland village about to be attacked, but he can't take a couple of kids to level up in a forest when he's waiting to be seen by the Council and actually has some time on his hands?

Konami hates you?:?

Quote:

Why does Cecile say she and Thomas will take the safer route to Brass Castle, yet they still take the same path as everyone else?

Havent you realized by now that Cecile isn't quite all right?

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some questions of my own...

How do the characters move items like Gold, Vases and the like from trading post to trading post? Their sprites don't exactly show carrying implements of any kind...

Where the heck do they store all of their potch? Carrying around a few million potch is not quite the easiest of tasks.

What did Rina do to that soldier at North Sparrow Pass?

How does Gordon in SII know how much you've earned from trading?

How does Richmond carry out investigations on squirrels and the like?

How did Flik and Viktor cross over to Kuskus in SII? Flik complained about Viktor's "methods"...

I've more but can't remember all now... might get back later...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do the characters move items like Gold, Vases and the like from trading post to trading post? Their sprites don't exactly show carrying implements of any kind...

Backpack. It may be a pain but, yes, the characters do carry everything with them in individual backpacks. Those are the times they live in and is partly why they're so fit and athletic.

Where the heck do they store all of their potch? Carrying around a few million potch is not quite the easiest of tasks.

Coins of varying value. They're not carrying around 999,999 one Potch coins, their pockets are probably full of coins of a higher denomination however. Say, 500 Potch coins, or 1,000 Potch coins

What did Rina do to that soldier at North Sparrow Pass?

They had sex.

How does Gordon in SII know how much you've earned from trading?

Potch earned via trading most likely has a different seal on the coins than their plebian counterparts. Thus, it should realitivly simple to see how much is made by trading.

How does Richmond carry out investigations on squirrels and the like?

Simply put, he doesn't. All he does is whine about how he's been put on the job. But, when he gets down to it, he simply follows them at a distance, staying out of sight and taking notes.

How did Flik and Viktor cross over to Kuskus in SII? Flik complained about Viktor's "methods"

Viktor basically punched his way through Coronet harbour to get a boat to the other side of Lake Dunan. Flik has never agreed with this 'hard-hitting' policy of Viktor's.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of Richmond, I have a question. Why does he have to leave the room just to investigate himself? :?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why does he have to leave the room just to investigate himself?

He doesn't leave to investigate himself. He leaves to spend his earnings that you just payed him in a vain attempt to get more information on the private eye.
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have something I hope somebody can answer. In SuikodenIII why does Yuber, and Sarah,etc, join the 108 stars, but you can not use them. I was looking at my tablet of stars and i saw them on there, but I couldnt use them. :x
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er, did you beat the game yet, by chance...?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden III, why does Yuber, Sarah etc join the 108 stars, but you can not use them? I was looking at my tablet of stars and i saw them on there, but I couldnt use them.

Just like in the previous Suikoden games, you get a bonus if you were able to recruit all possible 108 Stars of Destiny. To get the bonus, you have to fulfill the following requirements.

-Only Yun and Jimba die
-Recruit all possible 104 Stars before the final boss battle

Before the final boss battle in chapter 5, you can make sure you've met these requirements by checking the Tablet of Stars. If the count says 108/108 and only Yun and Jimba's names are in red, then you'll get the bonus. Luc, Sarah, Yuber, and Albert are the final 4 stars and are added automatically if you had the other 104 stars already.

After the 108 Stars of Destiny roll call and the final still picture of your Flame Champion is shown, the screen will go dark for a little while then you'll be taken back to the Trinity Site. The sixth flame will be lit which is Luc's. You will then be able to play through the major events of the game but from his perspective. This POV is very story heavy and short-it shouldn't take you much more than an hour to complete it.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quick word. Yuber, Sarah etc join the 108 Stars of Destiny as they, in their own way, are fighting destiny.

This is not the thread for discussing the reasons why Luc, Sarah, Yuber and Albert join the 108 stars, so don't start discussing it as it'll make the thread go off in a tangent and make more work for me.

But, I thought I'd throw that quick answer in anyway, as it still relates to your question.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: